Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

I've triggered Silver (A couple of questions)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I've triggered Silver (A couple of questions)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2022, 11:24 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
On an hbo fare you get no luggage benefit

You do get all your other benefits, free seat selection, business check in, fast track, lounge...
Thanks that's what I thought...just checking that I hadn't missed something.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 7:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Thrifty Scotsman
I've tried all of the above, still the same, all future flights, the option to select seats are a pay option.

It's a bit of a head scratcher
I recently made Silver after been Bronze for the last few years and it took about 48 hours for future bookings to show free seat reservations.

The challenge now is to keep Silver when the thresholds go back to the usual 600 level.
Old May 2, 2022, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Krisz
Probably you could remove the BA Exec number from the booking and reapply it. Probably best to call. Sometimes existing bookings not getting updated hence the issue.
As it's 5 days since my welcome email, (& still the same issue), I called the exec club earlier, the chap I spoke to couldn't answer it either, he's raised a case which he says I should have resolved within 48/72 hours (Let's see what happens)
Old May 4, 2022, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Global Entry
An update on my scenario (But no further forward)

I got through to an agent via online chat re a cancelled flight this morning at 8am, got the cancelled flight changed, also asked them about having to pay for seat selection, I was told that as I was Bronze when I made the booking, that Silver status was not added to the booking, The agent advised they'd rectify by re adding exec club number, I was assured it was all done, I even queried If it would apply immediately, and I was told yes.

Just tried again now, logged out & back in of the app, & the website, tried different browsers etc, and, it's still saying I can reserve seats for a fee.

It all seems so unnecessarily difficult to get things working the way they should.

Feeling frustrated..
allycat53 likes this.
Old May 4, 2022, 10:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, EI, VS
Originally Posted by allycat53
Having also just made Silver, I didn't know this about a checked bag on a non-BA hand baggage only fare. How does one go about this? I will be travelling from JFK-IND soon on AA in Y and have yet to book a flight but assumed I would have to pay the fee for a checked bag. How do I get the free checked bag? TIA
Originally Posted by AirbusA350
As @abraxias has already said, just ensure your BAEC number is present within the booking and you'll have nothing to worry about. With AA specifically, you will be permitted 2 x 23kg checked baggage allowance on a domestic HBO economy fare

Just note that it might still show up on Manage My Booking that you don't have any checked baggage allowance, however, ignore this and you will certainly be provided it at check-in at airport. Having said that AA is pretty good at coding in status benefits to reflect the allowance during online check-in.
Originally Posted by allycat53
Sorry to be a PITA, but if booking from the AA website, I already have an AAdvantage account and I would logically login with that account before making a booking as it has all my details saved. A dummy booking takes me all the way through to payment with no option to change my preferrred loyalty number to BAEC. Can I change that later through Manage My Booking (or the AA equivalent) or do I need to make a booking without logging into my AAdvantage account so I can add the BAEC number somewhere? I don't think I can book domestic US flights from ba.com, can I? Also should I get free seat selections a a Silver / OW Sapphire? Thank you.
Originally Posted by AirbusA350
Well your options are:
1. Book on aa.com without logging in, this will enable you to input your BAEC number during the booking process itself - this is what you would do, logically, if you wanted to have a BAEC number within the booking. The extra few minutes to fill in your details manually will save you extra work later on in the process and avoid needing to try one of the options below
2. If you've already made a booking whilst logged in on AA, then you can tweet AA, they are pretty good and they will help you get this change
3. Call AA and get it changed
4. Whilst I haven't tried this myself, you can try seeing if you can open the booking through RJ, MH or RAM's websites and see if it will allow you to change it there

All in all, you've nothing to worry. The easiest would be to go for option 1 right from the outset. And no you can't book solely US domestic flights on ba.com
As an update to the queries above ... I booked my NYC-IND flights on the AA UK website as a guest, not logging in with my AA number. I added my BAEC number and it all worked properly first time, giving me free seat selection in "Main Cabin Extra" with (apparently) priority boarding and free drinks and free checked bags has also appeared in MMB, so thanks for all the advice. Only worry now is that a winglet fell/broke off an Embraer 175 yesterday during some turbulence and that's the same model as the JFK-IND flight on AA
AirbusA350 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.