Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Increase in LHR to Jersey flights plus a daily LGW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Increase in LHR to Jersey flights plus a daily LGW

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2022, 6:59 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by TedToToe
I'm wondering when the LHR-JER flights will start to have LHR type flight numbers.
W22 I believe.

LCY-JER will also be increasing for 2x to 3x per week.
TedToToe likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 7:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I'm wondering when the LHR-JER flights will start to have LHR type flight numbers.
It's funny that the LGW flight has a LHR style flight number.
shefgab, JAXBA and TedToToe like this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 7:22 am

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
I am wondering why the LGW leg has a LHR flight no?
Edit : beaten to the point by Schwann.
TedToToe likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club
I expect in time all the mainline domestics to Gatwick will have mainline flight numbers. Likewise I expect flights at LHR with Gatwick numbers will eventually have mainline ones. I expect some of those operating from LHR with Gatwick numbers this summer will return to Gatwick in 2023. Eventually all mainline short haul will have different numbers to BA Euroflyer. Not sure how this will apply to Gatwick long haul high. As usual just my personal view.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I care not what the flight number is, merely that it operates!

I just find the surge in JER connectivity to LHR, LGW and LCY fascinating. Belated recognition of the Finance Industrys need to travel, despite WFH/Zoom? Is this the end of 8+ rows of CE, or more of the same? Its certainly a major investment on BAs part, and Im sure they have the data to support the decision, but it will be interesting to see how long they sustain this level of commitment to a population of 110,000.
RJD1983 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 8:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by T8191

I just find the surge in JER connectivity to LHR, LGW and LCY fascinating. .
The demand must obviously be there. Have you been flashing your GOLD card down the pub?
RJD1983 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 8:36 am
Original Poster

I expect the decision is more to do with strong summer tourism.
skipness1E likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 8:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
Excellent news. Hard to beat JER for a TP run.
RJD1983 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 10:19 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by bisonrav
So if you have no objection to the additional planes flying, that's all good, because they'll generally be full of people and one more or less passenger isn't going to make a shred of difference. I'll continue to book the flights I'd like to take, and you can grumble away about "sustainability" to your heart's desire in whatever lounge you're flying from yourself.

And everyone is happy.

​​​PUCCI GALORE I almost dare not mention it, but I did take my wife out for a very good lunch at the Bohemia bar and grill on a scandalously unsustainable day trip, and should he indoors or Uncle T not do the same for you, I bloody well will.
Darling - I shan't tell Him Indoors if you promise not to tell Madame Bisonrav! I will share this with you as clearly you have much the same ideas as I do. Some EcoFan at a party one night said had I any idea of my Carbon Footprint. I replied that I was unaware that I had trodden in anything.
bisonrav and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 10:35 am

I do also have a supply of Bombay Sapphire and Slimline Tonic to tempt you!

However, as you say, its the l/h connections that matter for us living in remote places, and of course the creative routing travel savings that can accrue which is how we discovered ex-DUB when heading across the Atlantic. And your ex-SOF is an excellent example. But B2B? Not for us, thank you we like to keep heading generally in the right direction!
Dearest Uncle T - may I say in truth that I do think that I saw you and Mrs T in the Flounge in LGW one day. I did not know that it was you but it was subsequent posts that made me realise that there was a strong possibility that it was. You were seated in one of those armchairs that looked directly out towards the window. Mother always said for me " Beware gentleman proffering drinks" - it used to be Sweeties but I had grown up by then and my milk teeth were well and truly gone. As I gave scant regard for her advice and married a 6ft Rugby playing policeman, you will understand that I accept with alacrity your kind seduction. At least you have a Gold Card which is more than that tightfisted old codger down in Argentina has (bless him).

Jersey is an enigma wrapped in a mystery. I do not know it well but I used to fly it often at BCAL. Landing was always akin to landing on an aircraft carrier - although GIB and the appalling airport at FNC was like. It was interesting the mix of people we used to carry. It was clear back then that the Monday morning flights were packed and the Friday afternoons and evening were remarkable. I would say that we never served so much alcohol on the service in such a short space of time. I'm afraid that we had to prep glasses full of ice to get everyone served. Out of JER we were out of our seats and in the aisle immediately after take-off. We had loads of regulars so we were able to get ready as well. We were not supposed to, but those who made the rules never had to actually serve anyone.

Anyhow as JER has had a rather raw deal during Covid I am pleased that this is getting back together.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 11:06 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Jersey is well worth a short visit or day trip. The Bohemian is a genuinely excellent restaurant, and you'll pay something like half what it would cost in a London restaurant for a tremendous meal, which largely offsets the airfare, if not the carbon.

On which subject, PUCCI GALORE , a better answer is to point at the diamond necklace embellishing your elegant corsage, and breathe something to the effect of: "this is the only carbon footprint I'm interested in".
T8191 and KARFA like this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by bisonrav
Jersey is well worth a short visit or day trip
And not a bad place to live either.
BTW, it's Bohemia. Probably an autocorrect.

Originally Posted by PUCCIA GALORE
You were seated in one of those armchairs that looked directly out towards the window.
Our usual seats! Did you not see my YELLOW backpack? Damn, a missed moment in my FT life.
bisonrav likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 12:05 pm

And not a bad place to live either.
BTW, it's Bohemia. Probably an autocorrect.

Our usual seats! Did you not see my YELLOW backpack? Damn, a missed moment in my FT life.
Darling - I saw a handsome stranger not his luggage.

bisonrav I am , bless you, married to a retired policeman, not a retiring millionaire Oligarch. Too late in life I learned that Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend!
T8191 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 3:35 pm

Programs: BA Silver, VS Silver
Originally Posted by vectismanpaul
Apparently the LGW service will use a LHR based aircraft on a W pattern. However at the moment some of timings look a bit odd. For example on some days aircraft spends hours on ground at a Gatwick and on at least one the outbound service seems to leave before the inbound arrives! Unless of course something else is planned 😏
I presume its a way to rotate aircraft in and out of LGW in revenue service, rather than ferry flights, with the added benefit of feeding LGW long haul. EI do this at LHR to rotate the aircraft on and off the BHD route, which is isolated from their DUB SH network. (Incidentally, and OT, this can cause great consternation as said aircraft, having been loaded in DUB, will be dry as the bars will be duty free and unable to be opened on a domestic UK flight)
Old Apr 15, 2022, 1:10 am
Original Poster

I take your point but in this case I believe it is to do with airport slots. BA mainline only operate to Glasgow and Manchester once daily each short haul apart from the ‘new’ Jersey daily service. The other aircraft are Gatwick based for BA Euroflyer and will be all A320. The Jersey service may a A319. The daily services to Glasgow and Manchester are usually A320 too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.