Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Increase in LHR to Jersey flights plus a daily LGW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2022, 2:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club

BA to increase LHR to Jersey to 6 flights a day from June. LGW to Jersey daily from Late June.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Apparently the LGW service will use a LHR based aircraft on a W pattern. However at the moment some of timings look a bit odd. For example on some days aircraft spends hours on ground at a Gatwick and on at least one the outbound service seems to leave before the inbound arrives! Unless of course something else is planned 😏
Old Apr 14, 2022, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
WOW ... that's a real surprise! BOTH airports? That could make our trip planning a little easier, once I've seen the schedules.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 4:10 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Does seem to create an option for a LGW->JER->LHR routing to start long hauls. Are the timings published yet?
Old Apr 14, 2022, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Yes there are on the BA website.
I believe LGW is seasonal initially. If the demand is there it could be all year round.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 4:13 am

Originally Posted by bisonrav
Does seem to create an option for a LGW->JER->LHR routing to start long hauls. Are the timings published yet?
Unpopular opinion around these parts, but the sooner airlines are taxed up the wazoo to stop this kind of nonsense for sustainability reasons the better. To be clear, I’ve no objection to extra flights for Jersey though.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 4:26 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Kgmm77
Unpopular opinion around these parts, but the sooner airlines are taxed up the wazoo to stop this kind of nonsense for sustainability reasons the better. To be clear, I’ve no objection to extra flights for Jersey though.
Sorry but could you be a little clearer - you are objecting to air connections on a Frequent Flyer chatboard? I have absolutely not intention of going to JER even though I am sure that Uncle T would invite me to tea - but as they are on an island I cannot see why anyone would object or is the Long Haul connections that are the problem. Do excuse me if I have completely misunderstood your post - I regularly told that I misunderstand my husband so please do not take it personally,
Lynyrd likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Complicated but remarkably well-connected!!

Last edited by T8191; Apr 14, 2022 at 4:44 am Reason: Add table
Old Apr 14, 2022, 4:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Sorry but could you be a little clearer - you are objecting to air connections on a Frequent Flyer chatboard? I have absolutely not intention of going to JER even though I am sure that Uncle T would invite me to tea - but as they are on an island I cannot see why anyone would object or is the Long Haul connections that are the problem. Do excuse me if I have completely misunderstood your post - I regularly told that I misunderstand my husband so please do not take it personally,
I think OP was suggest flying LGW-JER-LHR to connect to a longhaul flight from Heathrow or vice versa. Anything to avoid the M25 I suppose.
RJD1983, T8191, mikeyfly and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I’m objecting to a scenario where people are incentivised through substantially cheaper prices to fly unnecessary legs back through their departure airport or city as was suggested in the post I quoted.

I’ve no objection to Jersey getting more flights.

And I’m no anti-travel Nazi, I type this from an airport lounge. I just think all this ex-EU/Inverness/Jersey, back to back nonsense belongs in the past.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 4:47 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Prices should be exactly the same for a destination wherever you start your journey
mikeyfly and MatJarosz like this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 5:47 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I’m objecting to a scenario where people are incentivised through substantially cheaper prices to fly unnecessary legs back through their departure airport or city as was suggested in the post I quoted.

I’ve no objection to Jersey getting more flights.

And I’m no anti-travel Nazi, I type this from an airport lounge. I just think all this ex-EU/Inverness/Jersey, back to back nonsense belongs in the past.
I could not agree with you less Kgmm77 my Dear. The real nonsense is that the fares are so much less from outstations that from LHR - hugely so. The legs are necessary in order to fly them. I have just checked some flights that I am due to take. LHR/MIA/MSP/LHR costs £3600. Starting from Sofia it is £2350 (I am paying £1100 as I bought it last February. OK, I must add to that the £250 to do the round trip to SOF in CE and the flights to and from France where I live. Those aircraft will go (or not) whether I am aboard or not.

The man who set up this chatboard - Randy Petersen - set this place up in his words to "discuss maximising miles and points" - that it has expanded exponentially is proof that is the lifeblood of this place. Since I was young air fares have never made sense - and I predict that they never will. The nonsense, as you describe it, will last as long as Flyertalk.

Anyhow of far greater consequence to me is whether Uncle T8191 will take me out to tea!
RJD1983 and mikeyfly like this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have absolutely not intention of going to JER even though I am sure that Uncle T would invite me to tea - but as they are on an island I cannot see why anyone would object or is the Long Haul connections that are the problem.
I do also have a supply of Bombay Sapphire and Slimline Tonic to tempt you!

However, as you say, it’s the l/h connections that matter for us living in remote places, and of course the “creative routing” travel savings that can accrue … which is how we discovered ex-DUB when heading across the Atlantic. And your ex-SOF is an excellent example. But B2B? Not for us, thank you … we like to keep heading generally in the right direction!
Old Apr 14, 2022, 6:50 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
So if you have no objection to the additional planes flying, that's all good, because they'll generally be full of people and one more or less passenger isn't going to make a shred of difference. I'll continue to book the flights I'd like to take, and you can grumble away about "sustainability" to your heart's desire in whatever lounge you're flying from yourself.

And everyone is happy.

​​​PUCCI GALORE I almost dare not mention it, but I did take my wife out for a very good lunch at the Bohemia bar and grill on a scandalously unsustainable day trip, and should he indoors or Uncle T not do the same for you, I bloody well will.
PUCCI GALORE, T8191, KARFA and 3 others like this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 6:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I'm wondering when the LHR-JER flights will start to have LHR type flight numbers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.