Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Queues at First Wing security?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2022, 8:29 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by Vgravity
Big queue this afternoon. Only got one lane open - according to LHR staff this is a cost saving.

I’d say it’s 15-25 mins.
That’s a shame, was a complete breeze with both lanes open at around 1130h this morning.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 8:48 am

Programs: BAGold
Last Tuesday 8th it was a nightmare around 0630am had to wait at 20 mins for First wing security despite the two lanes being open, there were around 30 people in each queue, and it was painfully slow.
The Picadilly line had been delayed by 15 mins at Osterley so I was already late...when I finally entered the First Lounge and grabbed a much needed cup of tea the flight was boarding to SOF from the dreaded gate 10
I only managed half a croissant before it was 'gate closing' so I legged it down to the bus gate 10
Thankfully the flight was on time on the brand new G-TTNT with a great crew and breakfast service!
I was there again on Thursday 10th and got there much earlier at 0530 and was glad I did because there was no queue at all for the First wing security at that time.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 10:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by crazy8534
That’s a shame, was a complete breeze with both lanes open at around 1130h this morning.
Lucky you!
Old Nov 14, 2022, 10:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LosRodeos84
Last Tuesday 8th it was a nightmare around 0630am had to wait at 20 mins for First wing security despite the two lanes being open, there were around 30 people in each queue, and it was painfully slow.
When I finally entered the First Lounge and grabbed a much needed cup of tea the flight was boarding to SOF from the dreaded gate 10
Same! I was there at 5:45 waiting for a colleague to arrive in a (late) taxi, the queue started at 6am and I saw people being told to go through the normal fast track as it was quicker.

Only had time to wolf down some food before realising it was gate 10 and havibg to run to get the “gate closing” bus of shame and being one of the last on board :/
Old Nov 27, 2022, 11:14 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Currently queued behind about 15-20 people for FW security. They only have one scanner open.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 12:33 pm

Programs: BAEC
Yeah same for me a couple of hours ago. Security actually moved fairly quickly and I was through the metal detectors in 5-6 minutes. Little bonus: i got pulled for secondary as my Listerine got flagged for having hydrogen peroxide in it (guess this happens a lot) and it took 30 minutes to wait for a manager to ok this. Apparently he was stuck in the normal security and the problem was leisure travellers filling 4 trays and not removing liquids, laptops, etc. Didn’t bother whining to the poor lady who was nice and apologetic. Just insane that there’s only one guy in the whole terminal capable of ok’ing mouthwash.

Funnily, the same mouthwash has been through the FW 2 weeks ago, not to mention twice through DUB and god knows how many TSA checks in the last 2 weeks.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 12:35 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
In all fairness, they did clear the queue quickly and I was waiting ten mins max. They are a bit funny about liquids, they almost always test mine. Sorry to hear about the mouthwash debacle, that sounds very frustrating!
RichieMc likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 12:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Over 30 minutes to get through First Wing security at 6pm tonight. It just a mess! No apology, no explanation nothing. Only one security screening Lane in operation but that stopped for a least 15 minutes. The upside, we had a few laughs with people in the queue. General thought was that people are now just resigned to Heathrow being a basket case and country in decline…. But we still have a sense of humour!!
Old Dec 15, 2022, 12:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by binman
Over 30 minutes to get through First Wing security at 6pm tonight. It just a mess! No apology, no explanation nothing. Only one security screening Lane in operation but that stopped for a least 15 minutes. The upside, we had a few laughs with people in the queue. General thought was that people are now just resigned to Heathrow being a basket case and country in decline…. But we still have a sense of humour!!

i presume this is the norm now? i saw this only because i have gone thru twice this month just after 6pm and same situation.
SxMan likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 12:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by VSLover
i presume this is the norm now? i saw this only because i have gone thru twice this month just after 6pm and same situation.
it’s my third time trying since Nov 10th. On that day I gave as the queue stretched back outside the First Wing checkin. I ended up in general security South.
Nov 28th was better but tonight just a complete lack of operational management or customer service. I also see Heathrow have removed the means to comment on experience.
VSLover and SxMan like this.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 6:45 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I was caught up yesterday but earlier. The ridiculous was that for some reason they run out of bins to put stuff in. Piles and piles of bins all around the repacking zone. Did any of the security or other staff consider picking them up and either wheeling them straight to the queue or put them back in the machine. Where do they find people with zero initiative?

A person from BA came out to see what the delay was and was told it was a machine that had broken down, when it was clear for those in the queue that while the left machine may have helped the problem was the lack of bins going back into the system.

KF
Old Dec 16, 2022, 7:01 am

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
Been same for me last 3 times, backed up past the gates to the check in desks. Shameful for a supposedly premium experience.
SxMan likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 7:02 am

Programs: BA Gold
It's a situation that will probably get worse with mixed messaging over what has to be removed from bags, and what can remain. In the past some pax have left liquids in (as per some US TSA-pre Check - note some, not all), in France cameras have to be removed, and usually laptops have to be removed (except, once more for some US TSA pre check). Get one pax who doesn't abide by the local regs, and it snarls everything up.
It will be interesting whether the relaxation of the liquids rule will ease the situation at LHR (+), but I suspect it will create problems elsewhere. A single, unified, international message is needed.
becks1 likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 7:34 am

Zero queue mid-afternoon Friday, 16 Dec!
Old Dec 16, 2022, 9:33 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
A queue of about 4-5 in front of me at 0730 this morning. What amazed me was that the two set of people in front of me refused to go to the Club area right next to the FW!! The gate agent had made a desk free over there but folks wanted to queue to get into the FW than get seen quicker - she explained they could still come and use the security lane into the lounge but nope - they were not for moving! Very odd!

I got checked in, moved to an earlier flight and was through security a lot quicker than I was expecting. Other than a chap having a mini meltdown over his liquids going for secondary screening, all was pretty normal.

aks120
TarquinMontague likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.