Wiki Posts
Search

Queues at First Wing security?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2022, 3:28 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hungry
Slightly off topic, if one is Gold can they use the first wing check in and security (flying Club Europe)? And can you take one guest (who is flying on the same flight but ECO)?

Thanks
yes to all.
hungry likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 9:07 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Saturday 4pm on a Bank Holiday weekend.

We were the only people in TFW security and there was a family checking in at the desks - otherwise soooo quiet. Maybe 30 people in the CCR so it's hardly heaving 😊
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 12:00 pm

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Totally incorrect. We were on the lowest fares to EYW and we were let through as BA Gold. It was policed and our credentials were checked.
I will echo that of La Fontaine PUCCI GALORE - Miami is my home hub, and as a BA Gold, wherever Im going on AA, I can use the AA Flagship checkin, which I do flying domestic AA, about 2 times a month.
Flash of the BA Gold card on the app, and no quibbles, straight through. Ive had more issues on a paid AA F ticket TATL with the rope guardian, than with a BA Gold card.

One issue that has come up in recent months - is the TSA Pre at the security check point where the Flagship check in is. A few occasions the agents have directed us to the eastern most security for TSA Pre (checkpoint 1 I think), but actually, they now have a lane far right at checkpoint 2, for TSA pre, and they give you a card.

Just dont do a school boy error like I did, and accidentally leave my card in the tray that went through the scanner.
No amount of protestations at the body scanner that Im TSA pre and my card was in my tray would let them allow me to skip the TSA privileges. Doh.

On a side note, and bringing it back on topic - if there is a long line for the F wing, is one allowed to go to the front and enquire if there is a line for the AA flagship desks? I wouldnt want to be at the back of a long queue only to find there wasnt anyone at the AA desks all that time. Is this considered ok? Most of my TATL is now AA, and now that MIA is out of T5, curious. Thanks.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 12:28 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Jet Ranger
I will echo that of La Fontaine PUCCI GALORE - Miami is my home hub, and as a BA Gold, wherever Im going on AA, I can use the AA Flagship checkin, which I do flying domestic AA, about 2 times a month.

On a side note, and bringing it back on topic - if there is a long line for the F wing, is one allowed to go to the front and enquire if there is a line for the AA flagship desks? I wouldnt want to be at the back of a long queue only to find there wasnt anyone at the AA desks all that time. Is this considered ok? Most of my TATL is now AA, and now that MIA is out of T5, curious. Thanks.
If you have to check bags and you are on Flagship First then you can by all means go to the front and ask if you are not flying with BA - indeed if you are not checking bags and have your BP with BA just go and ask and they'll let you go straight through to security. I did.
Jet Ranger likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 4:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
Given how quiet it seems to be any indication of whether TFW will allow a Gold + 1 adult guest + a 3 year old through security this evening, as they usually do in quiet periods, or are they still sicking religiously to the 1 guest policy?
Old Apr 17, 2022, 5:25 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by Mekko
Given how quiet it seems to be any indication of whether TFW will allow a Gold + 1 adult guest + a 3 year old through security this evening, as they usually do in quiet periods, or are they still sicking religiously to the 1 guest policy?
Having seen multiple families being turned away for being 'over the numbers limit' at the FW over the last few weeks, I think I could safely say they are sticking religiously to the 1 guest policy. However never say never - it is BA after all and maintaining standards consistently is not one of their strong points!

aks120
becks1 likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 6:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by aks120
Having seen multiple families being turned away for being 'over the numbers limit' at the FW over the last few weeks

aks120

And would it be safe to say that these unsuccessful attempts to gain access are one of (multiple) reasons for the lengthy queues / delays which have - at times - been a feature of the normally-serene FW . ??
oceanscape and SxMan like this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 6:25 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by subject2load
And would it be safe to say that these unsuccessful attempts to gain access are one of (multiple) reasons for the lengthy queues / delays which have - at times - been a feature of the normally-serene FW . ??
not really.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 6:54 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by subject2load
No I dont think so.

aks120
Old Apr 17, 2022, 7:07 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There is also the fact that Gold cardholders are allowed to use the First Wing check-in area regardless of the size of their travel party. They just may have to use the other security screening areas to get airside. Which may be faster in some circumstances.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
There is also the fact that Gold cardholders are allowed to use the First Wing check-in area regardless of the size of their travel party. They just may have to use the other security screening areas to get airside. Which may be faster in some circumstances.
Yes, I have always done this without issue. And indeed always expect to use the ordinary security lines (albeit I think HAL allow families to use fast track, or rather have never stopped me waltzing through).

T5 is serenely quiet at the moment, and the proactive check-in agent offered to walk us through FW security to save having to carry a sleepy toddler along with our hand luggage.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta PM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Mekko
Yes, I have always done this without issue. And indeed always expect to use the ordinary security lines (albeit I think HAL allow families to use fast track, or rather have never stopped me waltzing through).

T5 is serenely quiet at the moment, and the proactive check-in agent offered to walk us through FW security to save having to carry a sleepy toddler along with our hand luggage.
What are the actual guidelines for fast track security for a OWE with family and young kids?

Thanks!
Old Apr 17, 2022, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Melodsal
What are the actual guidelines for fast track security for a OWE with family and young kids?

Thanks!
While a OWE can use First Wing check in and bag drop with their entire party, only the OWE and one guest (and children under 2) would be able to use the First Wing security because when you exit this security you are deposited directly into the First lounge.
This post from C-W-S concisely details access:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30906658-post8.html
Old Apr 17, 2022, 11:44 pm

Programs: Various memberships
Not F wing but Fast Track and it was the quickest I have ever got through (Easter Monday 06:15). Hand Baggage Only.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 1:59 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Used The First Wing for the first time last Saturday, June 11. I had a flight to Stockholm departing at 7:25pm and arrived at the First Wing entrance at 5:20pm. It was very quiet and with only hand baggage and no queue in security check, I was in the Galleries First after 4 minutes or so. Thanks for all the tips

The First Wing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.