FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Use of First Wing T5
View Single Post
Old Mar 19, 2019, 3:56 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by CharliesAngels
When I say "check-in", I don't really mean check-in, as after all, that is done online. I mean bag drop and getting through security. I realise the lounge is restricted to cardholder plus one guest. I thought the First wing might be the same rules, but I also heard (from the BA call centre) that with a gold card everyone in the booking group could be processed through to security.

Would be interested to know a definitive answer (if there is one).
The First wing has 3 section, a check-in area including bag drop and ticketing; a security channel and a short corridor directly into the First Lounge. Once you are in security, you have to go to the First Lounge. Golds can guest someone into that First Lounge, and GGLs/Prems can invite two guests. Toddlers under 2 don't count as guests. So for bag check and check-in, all Golds, and everyone on their booking, can use the landside check-in/bag check section, but the guesting rules for the First Lounge apply for security. So for larger family groups you would have to use South Fast Track or even main security South, but not the First Wing.