Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why does T5 not have BAs logo on it?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2022, 12:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by skipness1E
It is. Always remember when IAG was formed it was claimed it would never be customer facing branding....
Is BA Cargo still a thing?
Everything is done via IAG Cargo. The airlines are just used to transport the cargo but customers contract with IAG.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by choosethedrew
That would equally apply to any in-terminal branding but I'm not sure it's about selling anything or imparting information. If it were on/within the North and South building boundary, not only would arriving passengers see it as they approach, and (at risk of sounding like a media luvvy and obviously once the current issues are worked through) feel some kind of warm fuzzy feeling, passengers on landing and departing aircraft would also see it. And hopefully think it looked smart and that a decent company lives there

Why spend more money to HAL, when you’ve got several aircraft with your branding sitting on the tarmac? That’s lots of branding and advertising that’s visible from several directions.
Genius1 likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by revorgap
There's the massive Speedmarque on the IAG Cargo building, surprised they haven't changed the logo (to IAG Cargo's) yet.
This very much is free advertising for BA, given the IAG Cargo building is theirs.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 2:59 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Name a tenant who given the opportunity to plaster their branding across their building wouldn’t do so. If you read the planning statement for T5, you’ll probably find the reason why external branding is tightly constrained
Old Apr 8, 2022, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by Prospero
Name a tenant who given the opportunity to plaster their branding across their building wouldn’t do so. If you read the planning statement for T5, you’ll probably find the reason why external branding is tightly constrained
I must admit I hadn’t waded through the design and access statement for the planning application for T5 some 25 years or so ago before posting, perhaps a little remiss of me. I was just applying the same principles as for other airport terminals around the world in a fairly simplistic way.
SW7London, binman and VictorSierra like this.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 7:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by choosethedrew
I must admit I hadn’t waded through the design and access statement for the planning application for T5 some 25 years or so ago before posting, perhaps a little remiss of me. I was just applying the same principles as for other airport terminals around the world in a fairly simplistic way.
I'm probably more familiar with T4 at MAD than T5 and don't recall seeing any obvious Iberia advertising. Could be wrong.
Genius1 likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by Genius1
T4 is another example, which until COVID had Etihad branding at the entrance.
Little known factoid… when EY put this monstrosity in place, they had to pay BA for it, as they still held the long-term advertising rights there.

Having heard some of the costs HAL a charged BA just to put the advertising decals on the transit train doors, I can easily see why they wouldn’t be able to afford external branding.
Genius1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.