Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which airport type are you?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2022, 9:11 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
The old pro.

I had to choose closest fit answer for most of the questions as there wasn't an appropriate option.
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by JAXBA
Thread title had me thinking they were going to personality cast us as LHR (definitely), LGW (if I have to), or LTN (never have, almost certain never will)...
Me too....
I would be LCY always late due to foggy conditions
Old Mar 16, 2022, 9:33 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
The old pro. Sounds about right. Although I imagine the result is influenced by the lack of questions on how much beer I drink in the lounge.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 9:39 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
That's it. I'm never flying BA again. How dare they call me 'old' pro.

I'm going to fly virgin Atlantic from now on, that will teach BA.
choosethedrew likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 9:53 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
For me, many of these questions need a ‘none of the above’ option
NicholasMAN and AJA_ like this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 10:48 am

The luxury lounger

You could make a trip to the supermarket glamorous, couldn’t you? A luxury lounger knows that the finer things in life are worth the price tag and that the most valuable asset of all is time – you intend to spend yours well. We’ll probably spot you in the lounge or perusing designer baggage in the terminal shops but, wherever you are, you’re looking impossibly well put together. 10/10 for effortlessness.

Ha! it's been some while since I was called "glamorous". In fact, never. And what's a "supermarket"?
Old Mar 16, 2022, 10:55 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
This programme has just addressed me as an Old Pro. Instinctively I hit the screen with my hairbrush and now require a new monitor. Can I claim compensation?
Fruitcake, T8191 and BarneyMcGrew like this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 10:57 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Somehow I also got to be described as the luxury lounger which is correct in that I will be in the lounge (drinking a G&T or two) but I see no point in perusing designer baggage in the terminal shops. Buying booze maybe, name brand colognes and perfumes definitely. I would like to think I am looking impossibly put together but since I haven't got a branded item of clothing in my wardrobe I think that's stretching things a bit far. I do try to look presentable though :-)
Old Mar 16, 2022, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Originally Posted by AJA_
Somehow I also got to be described as the luxury lounger which is correct in that I will be in the lounge (drinking a G&T or two) but I see no point in perusing designer baggage in the terminal shops. Buying booze maybe, name brand colognes and perfumes definitely. I would like to think I am looking impossibly put together but since I haven't got a branded item of clothing in my wardrobe I think that's stretching things a bit far. I do try to look presentable though :-)
Same, who goes high end clothes shopping at the airport unless you were robbed, luggage lost, clothes ruined on the way due to weather... even then... but LUXURY LOUNGER I am too it seems.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 12:43 pm

Programs: BA Rust, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador

Never bought a litre bottle of water or paperback as yet, but closest to my travel routines.

"The old proNow this is a vibe The Club can get behind. You’re not showing off – in fact you’re pretty low key about your airport mastery. You have all documents at the ready and are hooked into all the right gadgets. You tend to get the timings on the money, so there’s just enough time to really enjoy the airport experience before you’re off to, presumably, nail the in-flight experience. Practice makes perfect, hey?"
Old Mar 16, 2022, 9:11 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Troop Marshall. Family travel in the Covid era necessitates somebody having their proverbial $#!t together. Oh the paperwork! Oh the Covid testing appointments! If it wasn't for me, Christmas in Barcelona would have been a train wreck.
zerosideslip likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 9:11 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by S_W_S
The luxury lounger
You could make a trip to the supermarket glamorous, couldn’t you? A luxury lounger knows that the finer things in life are worth the price tag and that the most valuable asset of all is time – you intend to spend yours well. We’ll probably spot you in the lounge or perusing designer baggage in the terminal shops but, wherever you are, you’re looking impossibly well put together. 10/10 for effortlessness.
Same for me minus the designer bags

Last edited by Synapseturquoise; Mar 20, 2022 at 7:13 pm
Old Mar 16, 2022, 10:13 pm

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Old Pro? There's nothing professional about me in an airport!

Mrs Fruitcake, maybe.
TedToToe likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Like some others, I also received the answer of "Old Pro".
Old Mar 17, 2022, 2:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
That's it. I'm never flying BA again. How dare they call me 'old' pro.

I'm going to fly virgin Atlantic from now on, that will teach BA.
You'll enjoy your multi-course dining.
crazyarmadillo likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.