Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA removes requirement for masks from Wednesday

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA removes requirement for masks from Wednesday

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2022, 11:53 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by CrazyLilBlondie
Fabulous news! On a 10 hour flight next Friday to Maldives so will finally be able to enjoy my flight and holiday as they just removed their mask mandate and testing yesterday too. Normality at last!
Maldives! Fantastic, I’m jealous. Enjoy the normality in a beautiful environment. 🏖
Old Mar 14, 2022, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by Smid
Also the time when 90% of the UK were not wearing a mask in the country, where the spike happened?
Good job we've got lots of other European countries that had much stricter mask policies than the UK, then, and which saw exactly the same spike.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by EqualOpp
Great news. Good riddance to $cience.
It all makes sense when you understand GROUPthink and $cience. As for the GROUP behind the GROUPthink...I best shut my mouth.
https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news...eath_in_the_us

Study Suggests Medical Errors Now Third Leading Cause of Death in the U.S.

Yup...and that's what we get. Mental confusion = mental mistakes from wearing a mask all the time.
Lucky for you there is no restriction on wearing a tinfoil hat on board.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 11:55 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
Also the time when 90% of the UK were not wearing a mask in the country, where the spike happened?
They were mandatory on public transport and in some indoor public places in England during that time.
AirbusA350 likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 12:03 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Never Stansted
Good job we've got lots of other European countries that had much stricter mask policies than the UK, then, and which saw exactly the same spike.
You say spike, I say "time the UK ran out of test kits so stopped testing because there were far too many cases for far too long".
Old Mar 14, 2022, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by Bohinjska Bistrica
They were mandatory on public transport and in some indoor public places in England during that time.
Not in the slightest bit enforced. Basically masks came off late August, and they were pretty much gone apart from on planes before Christmas.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 12:07 pm

If the testing's still needed to go to the US, I would suggest doing a self-lockdown before flying there now (so you don't get covid and lose all your non-refundable bookings) and, well, I suppose with no testing to get on the plane back, just expect to get Covid on the return, and self-isolate accordingly. Unless you are a Tory MP that is.

That's the plan for our trip to SF next month.
Keystone likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 12:07 pm

it's largely irrelevant, but i've seen a huge spike in cases in the last few days.
of course very few are dying these days so people aren't so bothered. mild brain shrinkage may be showing signs however.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 12:08 pm

This has a fairly small impact on me as a passenger, but I’m very happy for the crew. They must be a pain, both to wear (for hundreds of hours per week), and to have to enforce / resolve disagreements between passengers.
rorschi, volabam and Bluekjp like this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 12:08 pm

You say spike, I say "time the UK ran out of test kits so stopped testing because there were far too many cases for far too long".
Even if you were right that would just show that the infection fatality rate was even lower than thought, and weaken the argument for restrictive measures still further.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 12:09 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Ladyfliestheredwhiteandblues
I’m very happy about this. About time in my opinion. Others, I know, will disagree but it really is time to start living again.
Whilst we can ...
i just remained puzzled by the idea a simple mask somehow prevents me from ‘living again’ when from my perspective it’s a useful risk mitigation tool to significantly reduce the odds that any of the four different hiking trips I’ve got booked for 2022 will get derailed by long Covid.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 12:13 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
Will it still be required in airspace over the countries that still enforce it? Flying SEA-LHR on the 18th and can't wait to be legal!

I'm a mask advocate so will probably wear it most of the time, but it will be nice to have an option.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 12:14 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
Not in the slightest bit enforced. Basically masks came off late August, and they were pretty much gone apart from on
planes before Christmas.
Your experience differs from mine.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 12:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
At least now everyone gets what they want. You can choose to wear or not wear a mask moving forwards.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by CD747
This has a fairly small impact on me as a passenger, but I’m very happy for the crew. They must be a pain, both to wear (for hundreds of hours per week), and to have to enforce / resolve disagreements between passengers.
Yes, having spoke to a few long haul staff on flights, they really don't want to be wearing them either - or being a nanny telling people to put it on all the time (most have turned a blind eye on recent flights ive been on)
Silver Fox, LETTERBOY and volabam like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.