FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA removes requirement for masks from Wednesday (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2071860-ba-removes-requirement-masks-wednesday.html)

xxxxx Mar 14, 2022 10:17 am

BA removes requirement for masks from Wednesday

BA will remove the requirement for masks on flights where the destination does not require them from Wednesday.

The requirement to wear them at Heathrow will also be removed on the same day.

MFCC Mar 14, 2022 10:20 am

Originally Posted by xxxxx (Post 34074395)
BA will remove the requirement for masks on flights where the destination does not require them from Wednesday.

More details to be provided to IFCE, Airports & Flight Ops in the next 24 hours. I'd imagine a lot of holiday short hauls being 'mask free', however places like Austria, Germany and the USA, Singapore etc to still require them.
Worth noting that you must still carry a mask - your destination may require them to be worn in the airport.

aks120 Mar 14, 2022 10:22 am

Having seen the majority of the flight to EDI a couple of days ago board without masks on (from LHR) and then watch the cabin crew hand out masks so they could comply, this does not surprise me. It would be costing BA a fortune to get people comply with the rules - me on the other hand would have just denied them boarding but hey - why have rules if you are not going to break them (especially if you are also the person who likes to bring bags of hand luggage and put them in CE as you walk to row 20)!!! Note I am NOT a rule breaker and have diligently worn my masks at all times!!

aks120

cmnmia Mar 14, 2022 10:24 am

Originally Posted by aks120 (Post 34074414)
Having seen the majority of the flight to EDI a couple of days ago board without masks on (from LHR) and then watch the cabin crew hand out masks so they could comply, this does not surprise me. It would be costing BA a fortune to get people comply with the rules - me on the other hand would have just denied them boarding but hey - why have rules if you are not going to break them!!!

aks120

Suppose I better take all the tests before taking the flights.
I know it says 'destinations etc', but there are connecting itineraries and disjointed itineraries, some of which have requirements.

krispy84 Mar 14, 2022 10:29 am

Good news IMHO

corporate-wage-slave Mar 14, 2022 10:35 am

Originally Posted by xxxxx (Post 34074395)

I can't press the Like button since I'm a mask hawk but thanks nevertheless for sharing, this event was clearly not too far off, even if I think it's a few weeks too soon. I imagine the USA will follow suit in from either mid April or mid May.

xenole Mar 14, 2022 10:38 am

I know a few people recently who have had to cancel trips / holidays to Dubai, Australia etc. after testing positive for Covid a few days beforehand (and whilst mask wearing was mostly in place, avoided it). Coincidence or not, I couldn't say.

Hopefully there won't be an increase of people on holiday who become ill etc. after being on connecting flights, public transport etc. previously.

I'm still wearing mine. I was 1 of 2 people in Tesco this morning before work, but I want to try and minimise, even by 1%, my exposure whilst being able to do everyday things.

mikeyfly Mar 14, 2022 10:40 am

Great news re Heathrow. So few staff, especially returning at the border have been wearing theirs

HarryHolden68 Mar 14, 2022 10:46 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 34074482)
Great news re Heathrow. So few staff, especially returning at the border have been wearing theirs

Indeed - it is amazing how many Heathrow staff have developed hidden disabilities since the lockdown.

TarquinMontague Mar 14, 2022 10:46 am

Brilliant news, it’s about time!!

Ladyfliestheredwhiteandblues Mar 14, 2022 10:48 am

I’m very happy about this. About time in my opinion. Others, I know, will disagree but it really is time to start living again.
Whilst we can ...

xxxxx Mar 14, 2022 10:52 am

Originally Posted by HarryHolden68 (Post 34074500)
Indeed - it is amazing how many Heathrow staff have developed hidden disabilities since the lockdown.

Can you imagine having to wear a mask for up to 10 or even 18 hours a day, every day for 18 months?

I can imagine it would make some people quite anxious.

IFlyPlanes Mar 14, 2022 10:52 am

Great news! Honestly speaking this is amazing.
However, I will be still wearing mine because like others said I do not want to be catching COVID during travel and testing positive at my destination.

GavT_london Mar 14, 2022 10:54 am

well thats semi-good news - im flying thursday....sadly to the US so will no doubt have to 'nappy up' whilst onboard still - i do wonder about the CDC logic of allowing people to movie theatres without a mask but you cant get on a plane with its hepa filters and 'fresh air' every 20mins....strange that

OddJobMan Mar 14, 2022 10:55 am

It's just been on the news, mentioned 18th March. Also said no more PLFs for returning.