Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA removes requirement for masks from Wednesday

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2022, 10:17 am
Original Poster

BA will remove the requirement for masks on flights where the destination does not require them from Wednesday.

The requirement to wear them at Heathrow will also be removed on the same day.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by xxxxx
BA will remove the requirement for masks on flights where the destination does not require them from Wednesday.

More details to be provided to IFCE, Airports & Flight Ops in the next 24 hours. I'd imagine a lot of holiday short hauls being 'mask free', however places like Austria, Germany and the USA, Singapore etc to still require them.
Worth noting that you must still carry a mask - your destination may require them to be worn in the airport.
paulaf and becks1 like this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 10:22 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Having seen the majority of the flight to EDI a couple of days ago board without masks on (from LHR) and then watch the cabin crew hand out masks so they could comply, this does not surprise me. It would be costing BA a fortune to get people comply with the rules - me on the other hand would have just denied them boarding but hey - why have rules if you are not going to break them (especially if you are also the person who likes to bring bags of hand luggage and put them in CE as you walk to row 20)!!! Note I am NOT a rule breaker and have diligently worn my masks at all times!!

aks120
Old Mar 14, 2022, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by aks120
Having seen the majority of the flight to EDI a couple of days ago board without masks on (from LHR) and then watch the cabin crew hand out masks so they could comply, this does not surprise me. It would be costing BA a fortune to get people comply with the rules - me on the other hand would have just denied them boarding but hey - why have rules if you are not going to break them!!!

aks120
Suppose I better take all the tests before taking the flights.
I know it says 'destinations etc', but there are connecting itineraries and disjointed itineraries, some of which have requirements.
becks1 likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 10:29 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Good news IMHO
Old Mar 14, 2022, 10:35 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by xxxxx

I can't press the Like button since I'm a mask hawk but thanks nevertheless for sharing, this event was clearly not too far off, even if I think it's a few weeks too soon. I imagine the USA will follow suit in from either mid April or mid May.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 10:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I know a few people recently who have had to cancel trips / holidays to Dubai, Australia etc. after testing positive for Covid a few days beforehand (and whilst mask wearing was mostly in place, avoided it). Coincidence or not, I couldn't say.

Hopefully there won't be an increase of people on holiday who become ill etc. after being on connecting flights, public transport etc. previously.

I'm still wearing mine. I was 1 of 2 people in Tesco this morning before work, but I want to try and minimise, even by 1%, my exposure whilst being able to do everyday things.
mjm, dddc, sushanna1 and 4 others like this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Great news re Heathrow. So few staff, especially returning at the border have been wearing theirs
Old Mar 14, 2022, 10:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Great news re Heathrow. So few staff, especially returning at the border have been wearing theirs
Indeed - it is amazing how many Heathrow staff have developed hidden disabilities since the lockdown.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 10:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, easyJet Plus, YHA platinum, Amex Centurion, Peugeot owners club, Stagecoach gold rider
Brilliant news, it’s about time!!
Old Mar 14, 2022, 10:48 am

Programs: BAEC
I’m very happy about this. About time in my opinion. Others, I know, will disagree but it really is time to start living again.
Whilst we can ...
Old Mar 14, 2022, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HarryHolden68
Indeed - it is amazing how many Heathrow staff have developed hidden disabilities since the lockdown.
Can you imagine having to wear a mask for up to 10 or even 18 hours a day, every day for 18 months?

I can imagine it would make some people quite anxious.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 10:52 am

Programs: Lufthansa Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Great news! Honestly speaking this is amazing.
However, I will be still wearing mine because like others said I do not want to be catching COVID during travel and testing positive at my destination.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 10:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
well thats semi-good news - im flying thursday....sadly to the US so will no doubt have to 'nappy up' whilst onboard still - i do wonder about the CDC logic of allowing people to movie theatres without a mask but you cant get on a plane with its hepa filters and 'fresh air' every 20mins....strange that
Old Mar 14, 2022, 10:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci des Transports de Navette
It's just been on the news, mentioned 18th March. Also said no more PLFs for returning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.