Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thinking of this forum's Ukrainian members

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2022, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Sending a tonne of courage to all Ukrainians, and hoping that our leaders will remember to act upon their words, because sadly, words which are not matched by action only serve to signal to war thirsty dictators that they can safely ignore them and continue bullying and invading others.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 11:48 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Andriyko
We all have our own lives and we all have our own battles, and I don't expect others to fight mine, but seeing this thread this morning reminded me that there were a lot of people who cared.
Two good things that have emerged in recent weeks. Firstly the West has made clear what it knew about your neighbour's intentions, so all the fabrications and excuses are shown up for what they are. And secondly it serves as a reminder of what unites us is more important than the minor things that divide us. I can only speak for myself but there is just a frustration at how powerless I feel at the events unfolding, other than the surreal aspect that unlike in historic conflicts we can directly message our solidarity with the victims of war, at least for the time being. But this solidarity for Ukraine is geneuinely there, across of all levels of this democracy, and as one with another democracy at the other end of our shared continent.
Yahillwe, LCY8737, bakera and 30 others like this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
I hope this war gets resolved quickly. My thoughts are with you, Andriyko and your country. War is awful, no one wins.

Glad that you have this community to support you.

And thank you CWS for starting this thread.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
I hope this war gets resolved quickly. My thoughts are with you, Andriyko and your country. War is awful, no one wins.

Glad that you have this community to support you.

And thank you CWS for starting this thread.
Sad that it has taken such terrible news to bring you back Yahillwe but don’t be a stranger.
Yahillwe, Fritz, Jimmie76 and 7 others like this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 12:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Kiev Meetup

When Democracy prevails and the people of Ukraine are allowed to live their lives free from tyranny may I suggest we arrange an FT 'Do' in Kiev as a show of support and solidarity to our Ukrainian friends.

As an aside: My only visit to Ukraine was for the Euros 2012 in Donetsk. Forget the footie, the hospitality given to us by the Ukrainians was nothing short of superb. Wonderful memories.

ML
Old Feb 24, 2022, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I remember the pride I felt when Ukraine stood up for freedom during Euromaidan. My first visit to Kiev was in May 2015 and I was amazed at the reactions I got from people when they learned I was visiting for holiday. "You come here for holiday?", "Yes". I remember trying to give the kid who drove me to airport a 100 Hryvnia tip who insisted that my fare was already paid. He ultimately accepted when I insisted "Yes TIP!". My second visit to Kiev was May 2018 to run a half-marathon. I honestly didn't have high hopes for the event but damn that turned out to be one of the better events that I've participated in. I remember Salsa dancing in Parc Taras Shevchenko, walking down a closed Khreschatyk Street on weekend evenings..
AlanA and SamirD like this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 1:31 pm

Programs: Cunard WorldClub-Gold,Silverseas Venetian society,Alitalia Mille miglia,SPG,Fairmont,IHG.
Being an avid Liverpool FC fan, I remember the 2018 CL final in Kiev. Most hotels jacked up their prices putting them out of reach for many fans. The residents of Kiev stepped up and opened their homes, and their hearts to the legions of LFC fans, it was an amazing spectacle. Many friendships were made over those few days, and still continue to this day, there have been a few return matches of Scousers hosting their Ukrainian hosts for visits to Liverpool. I pray for the safety of all those in Ukraine, including you, Andriyko. We hold you close in our hearts -till happier times xx
Old Feb 24, 2022, 1:40 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone for your love and support from the bottom of my BA apologist's heart (you have to find something to joke about in this hell, don't you?). I know it sounds stupid but I do think of this community as a family in a way. I have met many of you. I have quarreled with many of you. I have drunk Champagne with many of you. We argued here about First class this and First class that, and now it all seems like an entire different world because my country is being invaded and the air raid sirens are screaming from time to time. But what does not seem like an entirely different world is your support and the sense of community. We all have our own lives and we all have our own battles, and I don't expect others to fight mine, but seeing this thread this morning reminded me that there were a lot of people who cared. Some of you reached out on social media and offered shelter - I love you for that! It gives us hope that we are not alone in this. Once again, dearest CWS, thank you for starting this thread, dear everyone, thank you for your words of love and support, and dear Moderators, thank you for allowing for this thread to be.
Sweetheart, C-W-S has said what all of us are feeling. I have never met you but when it becomes someone who you have encountered over the years, everything becomes even close to home. I shall not say here what I think about your aggressor as it is unprintable. I am going to say something that I have never said in all the years of being on Facebook. I will pray God for you tonight. I have a very deep faith which is not that of any particular Orthodoxy but my own thinking and what I have experienced. I will pray for you and all your fellow citizens. It is all I can do. I prayed that this would not happen and yet it has. We are facing great wickedness and inhumanity. Know my Dear that my heart is with you and your husband. This night and forevermore.

Last edited by PUCCI GALORE; Feb 24, 2022 at 4:55 pm
Old Feb 24, 2022, 1:42 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by AlanA
...what Putin has done is a carbon copy of Hitler, first annexing countries, then invading, waiting to see what the world would do, in 1938 the west did the same,msanctions and nothing else. we took too long and the world suffered, do we need to wait until Poland is invaded again before we act?
This is what I fear as well. Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it, and I think we are in repeat mode while our friends there like Andriyko are at risk. Today is one of those days in your life you will never forget...
AlanA, Andriyko, AmaaiZeg and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
My prayer and thoughts are with our dear FT friends from Ukraine, and the people of Ukraine. Stay safe!
wrp96 and SamirD like this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Free and democratic Countries in Europe did too little too late to help our Neighbour Ukraine 🇺🇦, shame we didn’t learn from History, my prayers are with our FT friends in Ukraine & All their people & hope our Governments get a grip to finally uphold International law
Old Feb 24, 2022, 2:26 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Hoping our friends in Ukraine are well and that our governments can do something meaningful to sort this terrible travesty.
Andriyko and SamirD like this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
We haven’t met Andriyko but I am hold you and your country in my heart. I am writing and calling my Reps and Senators. We must not stand idly by while freedom is trampled. May you be well and may Putin be stopped.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 4:46 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Sweetheart, C-W-S has said what all of us a feeling. I have never met you but when it becomes someone who you have encountered over the years, everything becomes even close to home. I shall not say here what I think about your aggressor as it is unprintable. I am going to say something that I have never said in all the years of being on Facebook. I will pray God for you tonight. I have a very deep faith which is not that of any particular Orthodoxy but my own thinking and what I have experienced. I will pray for you and all your fellow citizens. It is all I can do. I prayed that this would not happen and yet it has. We are facing great wickedness and inhumanity. Know my Dear that my heart is with you and your husband. This night and forevermore.
Thank you Sweetheart! I thank everyone who who showed support. You have no idea what it means to me. Maybe you have met me! I met so many wonderful BA crew over the years. You are ALL wonderful. I am just overwhelmed with your support. I know your thoughts can't stop the tanks but your thoughts give us hope. Your love helps me stay sane in a siege and fear. But what I really want is to go back to the times when this thread did not need to exit. But thank you. All of you. From the bottom of my still beating heart thank you. I don't know how to say it in a way that all of you understand how much I appreciate your support and your love.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 4:53 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Thank you Sweetheart! I thank everyone who who showed support. You have no idea what it means to me. Maybe you have met me! I met so many wonderful BA crew over the years. You are ALL wonderful. I am just overwhelmed with your support. I know your thoughts can't stop the tanks but your thoughts give us hope. Your love helps me stay sane in a siege and fear. But what I really want is to go back to the times when this thread did not need to exit. But thank you. All of you. From the bottom of my still beating heart thank you. I don't know how to say it in a way that all of you understand how much I appreciate your support and your love.
Bless you Darling - we all feel the same way. For you and for us. However, it is more - much more you than us these days. Even in this darkest hour - we are all with you. You do not need to say the words - we understand and we know. My love always

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.