Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Storm Eunice (Friday 18 Feb 2022) (and Dudley Wed 16)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Storm Eunice (Friday 18 Feb 2022) (and Dudley Wed 16)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2022, 3:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, Bonvoy Plat
I have BA297 LHR-ORD at 14:45 on Friday, connecting from BA907 FRA-LHR 12:05-13:05. While the connection time of 100 minutes would be OK under normal circumstances, I have around zero hope that this time will be fine. (I had originally booked a safer, an earlier FRA-LHR, but all earlier BA flights got cancelled a while back already).

If BA907 does not get cancelled tomorrow Thursday, what are the chances that BA will accept a proactive change (ie requested by me before Friday) to ensure making the BA297? There are no other purely BA options, but LH has two early FRA-LHR flights. BA also has an early-Friday ZRH-LHR (overnighting at ZRH) flight (and if change of origin is impossible, LX has a late Thursday FRA-ZRH). If it makes any difference, the ticket is in A class.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 3:51 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
zero.
pjh981 and becks1 like this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 2:05 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
The 100 mph gusts are forecast on the coast - inland thats down to 60-70 gusts.

The wind is coming from the Southwest, which is good as a lot of that component is going straight down the runway - but there is some crosswind component.

Expect some cancellations for tomorrow to be announced this evening due to increased spacing at busy airports like LHR. (But expect fewer cancellations as with previous storms as the airport isnt as busy at the moment).

Planes will still fly tomorrow.
timol, Professor Yaffle and becks1 like this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 2:07 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Originally Posted by timol
I have BA297 LHR-ORD at 14:45 on Friday, connecting from BA907 FRA-LHR 12:05-13:05. While the connection time of 100 minutes would be OK under normal circumstances, I have around zero hope that this time will be fine. (I had originally booked a safer, an earlier FRA-LHR, but all earlier BA flights got cancelled a while back already).

If BA907 does not get cancelled tomorrow Thursday, what are the chances that BA will accept a proactive change (ie requested by me before Friday) to ensure making the BA297? There are no other purely BA options, but LH has two early FRA-LHR flights. BA also has an early-Friday ZRH-LHR (overnighting at ZRH) flight (and if change of origin is impossible, LX has a late Thursday FRA-ZRH). If it makes any difference, the ticket is in A class.
There is no way BA will change you before your flight is cancelled. If any flights are being cancelled tomorrow, most of those cancellations will be made today - BA dont want people turning up at airports.

We cant really do anything other than wait to see if our flights are cancelled, and whilst waiting, have plans B, C and D ready.

I need the last flight of the day to make it to Manchester!
timol likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 2:45 am

Programs: British Airways, Hilton
LHR to LIS Storm Eunice

I’m due to fly on BA 0518 tomorrow to join a cruise from Lisbon. Anyone reckon the flight will go?
Old Feb 17, 2022, 2:55 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Cancellations for today and tomorrow beginning to show on the flight status pages
Tobias-UK and becks1 like this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 3:01 am

Programs: BA Gold
I'm flying to Male tomorrow evening. After all the stress of PCR tests and avoiding covid I really really hope the flight will go ahead!
Old Feb 17, 2022, 3:03 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Generally when there is weather disruption at LHR long haul flights are prioritised, and if there are cuts it is typically on higher frequency routes. So I wouldn't worry too much if you are heading to Male.
Londonjetsetter and becks1 like this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 3:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by KARFA
zero.
A painfully realistic answer.
KARFA likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 4:06 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver, Virgin Flying Club, Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by 1P
It's used when the barometric pressure changes by a large amount (in the case of these storms, downwards) in a short space of time, producing what is often known as a "weather bomb". The phenomenon is also known as "bombogenesis", which sounds like the name of a radical pop group....
I was on the last flight out MSP-ORD during the "Landicane" of October 26, 2010, a similar weather bomb event with extremely low pressure, high winds, and snow/tornadoes. The incoming crew took a breather in the terminal between flights and I remember thinking the pilots looked a bit rattled. I still cant believe they allowed us to take off in an RJ, and MSP closed to all traffic right after us. The climb out was scary and the descent into ORD was scary, and that is coming from someone who flew around the Intermountain West for 15 years.

I dont envy folks on any of the arrivals on the cusp of the storm. That being said, what are the tailwinds tonight over the Atlantic?
alex67500 and becks1 like this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 4:32 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
I was once on the last flight into MAN, flying AF. I was sitting by the window seeing the runway at a 30 degree angle from the nose, knowing the pilots could do it, but I wasn't feeling too happy!
becks1 likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 4:51 am

We are due into LHR on Friday afternoon on BA104 from DXB.

Arrival scheduled for 14:20 which looks like the worst of the weather.

On a 388 - wondering the likelihood of the flight going ahead? Out bound is due to leave LHR 8pm this evening.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 4:55 am

Programs: BA Silver, for now at least...
Was booked on a 1600 EZY flight to FCO tomorrow from Gatters. Felt it was prudent to move to the 7am option to get out before the worst of the storm/delays. Fingers crossed that was the right decision...
Old Feb 17, 2022, 6:05 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Number one disruption magnet here. Sorry guys and gals, I’m flying tomorrow AMS-LHR-PHL, so probable kiss of death for those flights. Just looking now AMS seems to be down to 2 rotations tomorrow and I am on the returning BA2759 at 10:55 which as of now is still scheduled.

Incidentally, AMS also had issues this morning with storm Dudley which made the approach on A3 ATH-AMS rather entertaining.
wrp96, becks1 and IFlyPlanes like this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 6:53 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
DIng Ding, travel guidance issued.

BA are allowing people to move out of flights dated for 18 February on BA shorthaul, 125 issued tickets, including Trade and redemptions. If the flight is operating on 18 February you can now move to today, 17 Feb, or to other flights on or before 21 February. Now this is short haul only, so strictly speaking this may not cover shorthaul to longhaul, but it wouldn't surprise me if you are nice to the agent that they will shift those flights too. If a flight gets cancelled you have more options, so this is in BA's best interests.

This was issued in the last hour, so agents may not have seen this yet.
==
I notice there is a separate guidance for the USA and Canada North East, travel dated 16 to 18 Feb can be moved up to and including 21 Feb. Doesn't include BOS but does include ORD, PIT, YYZ and YUL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.