Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Storm Eunice (Friday 18 Feb 2022) (and Dudley Wed 16)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Storm Eunice (Friday 18 Feb 2022) (and Dudley Wed 16)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2022, 8:00 am

I suspect the wind will be out of limits for ground service equipment to be able to move as well.
becks1 likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 8:07 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Welcome On Board
I suspect the wind will be out of limits for ground service equipment to be able to move as well.
ANd equally they might want to secure it to prevent it moving around and hitting something expensive?
Old Feb 17, 2022, 8:25 am

Expect a suspension of operations at LCY until around evening time tomorrow. Similar could be expected at LHR/LGW and other airports. The alternatives are to fly arriving today or delay until the 19th or later.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 8:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
Flying to DXB tomorrow what’s the likely impact on PCR testing if we have a significant delay through the day tomorrow but are already airside?
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
I asked the check in agent at the first wing this afternoon if she had any insight into what tomorrow looked like (cancellation wise) but she didn't seem to even know there was any adverse weather coming!

Fingers still crossed for my flight arriving back into LHR tomorrow night. In any case, I like the lounge at FCO - there are worse places to be laid up for a few hours if things are delayed and I can crack on with work over a few Aperol Spritz's

Metoffice's forecast for Heathrow seems a little less insane than it did last night so fingers crossed this all blows over without too much impact or hassle!
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:09 am

Programs: BA Gold
My GLA to LHR flight tomorrow afternoon could be interesting! Worst case I can fly back the following day.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Well the wind speeds forecast tomorrow at LHR are:

0300-0600, 20kts gusting to 35kts coming from the south west
0900-1200, 30kts gusting to 55kts coming from the west south west
1500-1800, 25kts gusting to 35kts coming from the west
pythonisman and LSSI92 like this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
Well the wind speeds forecast tomorrow at LHR are:

0300-0600, 20kts gusting to 35kts coming from the south west
0900-1200, 30kts gusting to 55kts coming from the west south west
1500-1800, 25kts gusting to 35kts coming from the west
Not sure what the limits are on various flights off the top of my head, but that looks a lot less terrifying than the numbers that were going around yesterday. Fingers crossed it calms itself a bit, still very strong winds in the middle of the day!
HarryHolden68 and LSSI92 like this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, FlyingBlue Gold, Boots Meal Deal Valued Customer
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
Number one disruption magnet here. Sorry guys and gals, I’m flying tomorrow AMS-LHR-PHL, so probable kiss of death for those flights. Just looking now AMS seems to be down to 2 rotations tomorrow and I am on the returning BA2759 at 10:55 which as of now is still scheduled.

Incidentally, AMS also had issues this morning with storm Dudley which made the approach on A3 ATH-AMS rather entertaining.
My 13:40 AMS-LCY for tomorrow has just been cancelled. I haven't received an email, but noticed it on the Flight Status page. There does not appear to be any other flight on the 18th for me to change it to, so I suspect the LHR ones are either full or also to be cancelled. My commiserations if the latter! Provisionally got myself a later flight to Stansted instead on the simplePlane, with the hope that that one does go.
becks1 likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:55 am
Original Poster

BA559 (my flight) had just zeroed out in all sellable classes on expertflyer tomorrow.

flight status still has it as on time - not sure if truly booked out or about to get canned, though.

incidentally as I was leaving T5F just now, saw an A380 do a go around from FRA, which has since landed
IFlyPlanes likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:55 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA LTG, Hilton Diamond, FB Platinum, EK Gold
Originally Posted by Caranmellon
My 13:40 AMS-LCY for tomorrow has just been cancelled. I haven't received an email, but noticed it on the Flight Status page. There does not appear to be any other flight on the 18th for me to change it to, so I suspect the LHR ones are either full or also to be cancelled. My commiserations if the latter! Provisionally got myself a later flight to Stansted instead on the simplePlane, with the hope that that one does go.
I am flying LHR-AMS tomorrow at 12.45, this aircraft is (still) scheduled to fly back to LHR at 16. Might be full but not cancelled yet.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, FlyingBlue Gold, Boots Meal Deal Valued Customer
Originally Posted by Upupintheair
I am flying LHR-AMS tomorrow at 12.45, this aircraft is (still) scheduled to fly back to LHR at 16. Might be full but not cancelled yet.
Now it shows me the 10:55 and 19:15 flights to LHR as change options, so there is hope yet!
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Edit: double post
Old Feb 17, 2022, 10:05 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
The following message is now shown on MMB for those with flights tomorrow:

Due to possible weather disruption, you may wish to change your travel plans

So that you can better manage your travel plans you have the following options:
  • You don’t have to do anything, you can keep your booking as it is.
  • You can change to another flight for free.
  • If you wish to cancel your booking a refund will only apply if your fare rules allow it, please contact us to do this.
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
The following message is now shown on MMB for those with flights tomorrow:
will this work for non 125 stock tickets? Mine is QF/081 🤔

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.