Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ba business class fares.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2022, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by LCY8737
Any reason Barbados is so popular in Feb? In my head this is filed as a somewhat more high end bucket & spade destination. Is there something I'm missing that justifies these prices?
Most people haven’t travelled for 2 years and demand is high.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 2:08 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by Genius1
Most people haven’t travelled for 2 years and demand is high.
There are many great places where the lowest fare is significantly below £2.7k and average-looking hotels are a fraction of £1k+ per night. Wondering why there is such a high premium for Barbados.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Any reason Barbados is so popular in Feb? In my head this is filed as a somewhat more high end bucket & spade destination. Is there something I'm missing that justifies these prices?
There are many great places where the lowest fare is significantly below £2.7k and average-looking hotels are a fraction of £1k+ per night. Wondering why there is such a high premium for Barbados.
It's not an answer to your question, but don't forget that there are said to have only ever been two routes on which Concorde regularly operated and made money: LHR-JFK and LHR-BGI.

There was also the reported statistic about what LHR found when it analysed the in-airport spending of passengers on different routes. I know it's a long time ago now, but ISTR that it was something like £30 pp on average across all routes, and >£5K per LHR-BGI passenger on average. (But I'm happy to be corrected if I've misremembered that!)
LCY8737 and mikeyfly like this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 3:39 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
What did you find OP? and what is "good'?
Old Jan 21, 2022, 4:42 am

I managed to find £1650 for JER-LHR-BGI return in early March. Starting at Heathrow, the same flights were about £2,300.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by bisonrav
I'm a big fan of Momondo, this also often indicates discounted OTA you can use in conjunction with BA PP. As I guess this is a holiday, also look to book a car or hotel for a day or the entire stay with BA holidays, that can bring prices down.

I don't think I'd be messing around too much on price just now, the flexibility you get with BA bookings has a lot of value. So I'd be looking at PP mostly and booking direct.
sorry, but what is PP?
Old Jan 21, 2022, 5:53 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Best Price Guarantee - British Airways

Colloquially known as PP = price promise, after the Tesco scheme I think.

It gets BAEC members double the difference back as an e-voucher if you can find a lower fare elsewhere on the day of booking at BA. Often you can, and momondo isn't a bad way of finding them. For ex UK bookings only.
cmnmia likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by bisonrav
Best Price Guarantee - British Airways

Colloquially known as PP = price promise, after the Tesco scheme I think.

It gets BAEC members double the difference back as an e-voucher if you can find a lower fare elsewhere on the day of booking at BA. Often you can, and momondo isn't a bad way of finding them. For ex UK bookings only.
thank you for explaining.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.