Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ba business class fares.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2022, 10:04 am
Original Poster

ba business class fares.

Can anyone recommend where I can find the best Business Class fares from London to Barbados in February.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 10:08 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
www.ba.com
Old Jan 20, 2022, 10:10 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
As well as BA.com https://www.skyscanner.net/ often gets some good deals. BA Holidays with a car and or hotel can also bring the price down.
Beergander and argonath like this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 10:29 am

Also use a site called ITA Matrix. It is often mentioned on sites like this as a way of finding fares and has many interesting features that allow those who fly as a hobby to find nice deals.

It can also be used simply; using February 8 - 23rd as an example, both Air Canada and American Airways have cheaper flights than BA. Not direct though and the Air Canada flights had a long layover connection that might make the route unsatisfactory.
Grande Annee likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 10:34 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
I'm a big fan of Momondo, this also often indicates discounted OTA you can use in conjunction with BA PP. As I guess this is a holiday, also look to book a car or hotel for a day or the entire stay with BA holidays, that can bring prices down.

I don't think I'd be messing around too much on price just now, the flexibility you get with BA bookings has a lot of value. So I'd be looking at PP mostly and booking direct.
OGG flyer likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 10:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
February is peak season to Barbados. I’d be surprised if there are any ‘good deals’ still out there.
gustavmahler and argonath like this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
What have you found pricewise John Keenan and what were you hoping to spend? Also any objections to a stopover routing ?
Old Jan 20, 2022, 11:09 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
i still find flights.google.com as a good starting point due to it being incredibly fast and offers visual information on fares that are instantly updated when shifting variables, especially when it comes to multi-city itins.

from there then i dive further into ITA and or eventually on to ba.com but neither are anywhere as fast or elegant in shifting variables quickly.
guytp and TTmex like this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 11:10 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by LondonElite
February is peak season to Barbados. I’d be surprised if there are any ‘good deals’ still out there.
We have booked for May, which is when we could take time off etc. Whilst I knew February was peak season, I hadn't appreciated just how eye-watering the hotel costs are until I looked last week. Granted, it's getting towards the end of January now and there may have been some good deals, but so many average-looking hotels seem to be £1k+ per night. I thought May was expensive!
Old Jan 20, 2022, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by VSLover
i still find flights.google.com as a good starting point due to it being incredibly fast and offers visual information on fares that are instantly updated when shifting variables, especially when it comes to multi-city itins.

from there then i dive further into ITA and or eventually on to ba.com but neither are anywhere as fast or elegant in shifting variables quickly.
Absolutely this, Google flights so easy to spot the dates / price range with the good price point then if necessary hone in in ITA but never necessary for a search of a general low fare. Also ability to do several starting points on GF handy
Old Jan 20, 2022, 12:16 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Plus ITA (unlike Google) tends to leave out Jet2, TUI etc... not that I make a habit of using them, but right now for ski flights, they can be useful

I'm probably just missing something basic with ITA, but Google is just more intuitive for a simple initial search
mikeyfly and expatboy like this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by ratechaser
I'm probably just missing something basic with ITA, but Google is just more intuitive for a simple initial search
I think that's exactly it: For the purposes of making it intuitive and providing "visual information", Google Flights offers a pretty dumbed-down interface. So if you want to make a simple initial search, it's probably not a bad place to start. But if you want the power of ITA's search language, you need to go to ITA.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by John Keenan
Can anyone recommend where I can find the best Business Class fares from London to Barbados in February.
I would try Virgin Upper Class - I’ve just paid £2k each for 4 of us in Feb from Edin / Barbados - lots of deals and IMO way better tan BA business

Last edited by Prospero; Jan 20, 2022 at 2:07 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts
Old Jan 20, 2022, 3:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
The best business class fares to Barbados in Feb are likely to be eyewateringly expensive.

The BA Cheapest fare finder is showing £2.7k as being the lowest fare for a return to Barbados in Feb. I haven’t delved any deeper than that and I’m not sure that lots of delving would be fruitful.

There could be a nice ex-EU via somewhere if that floats your boat, but I fear that at this late stage even that is unlikely to BGI in peak season.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 12:45 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Any reason Barbados is so popular in Feb? In my head this is filed as a somewhat more high end bucket & spade destination. Is there something I'm missing that justifies these prices?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.