Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2022, 5:34 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by Harchy
If I book a flight while a Blue member but take the flight as Bronze, from which tier do I earn the points?
You will earn as of the day of your flight, which also, when used in the reverse example where you gradually lose your status, even if you book while Gold, you would get no benefits if your status drops by the time of the flight.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 5:38 am

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
You will earn as of the day of your flight, which also, when used in the reverse example where you gradually lose your status, even if you book while Gold, you would get no benefits if your status drops by the time of the flight.
Thanks - and presume that applies to other benefits as well, like seat selection?
Old Feb 10, 2022, 5:57 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by Harchy
Thanks - and presume that applies to other benefits as well, like seat selection?
Ahhh that one can be a little trickier. I've seen it where you CAN select a seat with the status at the time of booking, and then as long as you do not touch it, it will stick, and usually not disappear. This is in the case of a status downgrade. If you're upgrading status, then your benefits will definitely expand as it grows, so I would come back to the seat selection screen to see if any change has happened.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 6:16 am

Programs: British Airways Silver
How does renewal work with the extended dates? I am currently Silver and my point collection year ends in June 2022, but my card expiry is July 2023. If I reach 450TP before June, will I then have Silver until July 2024?
Old Feb 11, 2022, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by porkedpie
How does renewal work with the extended dates? I am currently Silver and my point collection year ends in June 2022, but my card expiry is July 2023. If I reach 450TP before June, will I then have Silver until July 2024?
No. The recent round of extensions protects current status for a further period; it's not an extra period added on.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 6:25 am

Programs: British Airways Silver
So there is no point trying to retain Silver this collection year?
It's only worth it in the next collection year.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by porkedpie
So there is no point trying to retain Silver this collection year?
It's only worth it in the next collection year.
That's misunderstanding it slightly. You have already retained Silver this year, regardless of whether or not you fly before 8 June 2022.

In any year, whether it's worth flying on trips that you wouldn't otherwise make just to retain Silver really depends on what you want Silver for. Sometimes, it almost seems as if some FTers work hard to retain status so that they can use it on future trips that they will take for the sole purpose of retaining status.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 3:49 pm

Programs: BA, IB, Vueling, Accor, Hilton
Situation : Silver member travelling in the Americas until mid April 2022; using Local OneWorld members during trip; Avios posting reasonably well, other than the occasional Alaska trip. Attempt to locate a claim for missing Alaska flights fails, as I cannot find Alaska on BAEC website (American, LATAM (!) etc. possible, but not Alaska), only an instruction to fill out online form, print and fax to local office! [I will skip an explanation of problems printing, faxing or identifying local office whilst travelling across Central America in 21st century!]. Question : advice please - is my app out-of-date, is there an email submission route, is there an expert online (possibly called ‘MissingAviosMan’ or something like that!), use chatbot, or … ? Thanks in advance, S
Old Feb 12, 2022, 3:50 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Try sending a PM to BAMissingAvios.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 8:47 am

I have heard about the BMI gold for life that was stopped.
I am wondering, would BA be able to do that too? what would they legally be required to do if they wish to put limitations on GfL?
Old Feb 14, 2022, 9:24 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...and-conditions

Yes they can and it is 6 months notice:

7.2. British Airways reserves the right to change or withdraw Lifetime Status for both new and existing Lifetime Status Members and will give at least 6 months’ notice of the change or withdrawal of this benefit. This will not affect a Member’s entitlement to use other services.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 2:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I am currently silver with an 8th Nov year end and hopefully will requalify with an upcoming trip or 2, my first question is that I read that the reduced thresholds will be there until 31/12/22, does this mean that if I do 450 tier points 9th Nov to 31 Dec I will also qualify for 2022/23 and if say I was on 420 on New Year eve tough - and if I do get 450 do I still have to have the 4 flights rule on BA metal before NYE as well ?
Old Feb 16, 2022, 12:29 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by Calm down dear
I am currently silver with an 8th Nov year end and hopefully will requalify with an upcoming trip or 2, my first question is that I read that the reduced thresholds will be there until 31/12/22, does this mean that if I do 450 tier points 9th Nov to 31 Dec I will also qualify for 2022/23 and if say I was on 420 on New Year eve tough - and if I do get 450 do I still have to have the 4 flights rule on BA metal before NYE as well ?
I think you will find that you only have until 8 Nov 2022 to retain Silver with only 450 TP. After 9 Nov 2022 you will require 600TP in your new year ending 8 Nov 2023 .

I am an 8 Feb year end so have just gone through the reset and my BAEC says I need to earn 600TP by 8 Feb 2023 to retain Silver.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:54 am

Question: Does household accounts have "avios-pool" expiry date? I am the head of the household account and flying now and then but some of the members of my household account don't travel that much. I don't care if the individual members lose their personal miles but do the avios also disappear from the household avios-pool?
Old Feb 17, 2022, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by joorinainen
Question: Does household accounts have "avios-pool" expiry date? I am the head of the household account and flying now and then but some of the members of my household account don't travel that much. I don't care if the individual members lose their personal miles but do the avios also disappear from the household avios-pool?
Yes. Each member must have some activity but it doesn’t have to be flying. In addition, if the HHA has at least one member with BA status then the avios of all members do not expire.
For more information, the Guide to Household Accounts can be found here:
Your guide to Household Accounts

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.