Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Euroflyer - ‘low-cost’ shorthaul subsidiary at Gatwick - launching 29th Mar 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 14, 2021, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 1Aturnleft
BA plan to resume or start flights to the destinations below from the dates shown (Summer 2023)

Alicante - from 29th March
Amsterdam - from 29th March
Antalya - from 2nd April
Athens - from 4th May
Bari - from 3rd April
Berlin - from 7th May
Bordeaux - from 16th May
Cagliari - from 24th May
Catania - from 31st March
Dalaman - from 23rd April
Dubrovnik - from 4th April
Faro - from 30th March
Gran Canaria - from 2nd April
Heraklion - from 24th April
Ibiza - from 3rd May
Kos - from 24th April
Lanzarote - from 30th March
Larnaca - from 29th March
Madrid - from 16th May
Malaga - from 7th April
Malta - from 14th April
Marrakesh - from 31st March
Menorca - from 16th May
Nice - from 31st March
Milan (MXP) - from 4th May
Palma - from 7th May
Paphos - from 29th March
Rhodes - from 28th April
Santorini - from 15th April
Seville - from 15th April
Tenerife - from 29th March
Thessaloniki - from 14th April
Turin - from 4th April
Venice - from 26th April
Verona - from 16th April

Print Wikipost

BA Euroflyer - ‘low-cost’ shorthaul subsidiary at Gatwick - launching 29th Mar 2022

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2022, 5:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life
Just landed from Malaga. Boy are those seats hard! And non reclining. I just couldn’t get comfortable. And the leg room leaves a lot to be desired.

The problem is that whilst it is a BA flight so the procedures are all Iberia. So mandatory face masks (when none are required in Spain, in the UK or on BA). And the procedure for leaving the plane is quite different (and stricter) than BA. So the crew got quite cross at people being surprised by having to use face masks on boarding and then got cross again when people stood up when the engines shut down.

looking forward to BA metal replacing these flights
Old Apr 25, 2022, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by JSM8
Just landed from Malaga. Boy are those seats hard! And non reclining. I just couldn’t get comfortable. And the leg room leaves a lot to be desired.

The problem is that whilst it is a BA flight so the procedures are all Iberia. So mandatory face masks (when none are required in Spain, in the UK or on BA). And the procedure for leaving the plane is quite different (and stricter) than BA. So the crew got quite cross at people being surprised by having to use face masks on boarding and then got cross again when people stood up when the engines shut down.

looking forward to BA metal replacing these flights
Masks are required onboard still for Spain. Unfortunately in Spain, masks are still mandatory on public transport (but ironically not in airports themselves, similar to France). Therefore, whether you were flying BA metal or an IB-operated BA service to AGP (or any Spanish destination for that matter) from either LGW/LCY/LHR, masks would have had to have remained on in both directions.
You can refer to - https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...oard-faqs#mask and also FT's own thread on this - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...k-mandate.html

The disembarkation would have been different though as BA have done away with the COVID style row by row disembarkation method.
ianjr likes this.

Last edited by AirbusA350; Apr 25, 2022 at 6:02 pm
Old Apr 26, 2022, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Can I just check, have BA got 3 or 4 Iberia Express aircraft at LGW this summer?
Old Apr 26, 2022, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
At the moment there are two operating from Gatwick.
BAeuro likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 3:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life
Originally Posted by AirbusA350
Masks are required onboard still for Spain. Unfortunately in Spain, masks are still mandatory on public transport (but ironically not in airports themselves, similar to France). Therefore, whether you were flying BA metal or an IB-operated BA service to AGP (or any Spanish destination for that matter) from either LGW/LCY/LHR, masks would have had to have remained on in both directions.
You can refer to - https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...oard-faqs#mask and also FT's own thread on this - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...k-mandate.html

The disembarkation would have been different though as BA have done away with the COVID style row by row disembarkation method.
Thanks for this, but the BA information is out of date, at least for Spain whose mask wearing rules were relaxed last week. The real issue is that it is already a confusing and changing scenario from country to country and airline to airline. And in the instance of flying out of LGW it is further confused by routes having a mix of BA and Iberia Express metal on BA flights
Old Apr 26, 2022, 3:55 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by AirbusA350
Yet on Jet2 no masks are required to and from Spain ...
Old Apr 27, 2022, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Titan is back .....

"We're writing to let you know that there has been a change to the airline that is planned to operate your upcoming British Airways flight to/from London Gatwick.We’ve had to make some adjustments to our schedule and have leased an aircraft from Titan Airways. This change is due to operational reasons and they will operate your flight on our behalf so you can fly to your destination as planned."

They are running a 757 :-)
Schwann, camdentown and IFlyPlanes like this.

Last edited by Raffles; Apr 27, 2022 at 12:41 pm
Old Apr 27, 2022, 1:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Starwood Prefferred Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Melia Gold
Originally Posted by Raffles
Titan is back .....

"We're writing to let you know that there has been a change to the airline that is planned to operate your upcoming British Airways flight to/from London Gatwick.We’ve had to make some adjustments to our schedule and have leased an aircraft from Titan Airways. This change is due to operational reasons and they will operate your flight on our behalf so you can fly to your destination as planned."

They are running a 757 :-)
And have already managed to split a couple travelling to Malta for a special occasion next week... Thanks BA! Fair to say don't expect to sit together if flying as a couple on the 757. Really not sure what algorithm they are using in operations but it is ridiculous to block out all aisle seats in club so you can't even move yourselves further back... #beyondabysmal
Old Apr 27, 2022, 2:55 pm

Oooohh for how long? And do we know which flights? I may try to book myself on one deliberately, don’t get many opportunities to fly on the rocket any more!
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by vectismanpaul
I wonder if the plan is now for only mainline to serve Gatwick Domestic routes. Could there be another
W pattern such as LHR-EDI-LGW-EDI-LHR, in the same way as Glasgow and Manchester? We will have to wait and see.
It would be great for EDI to return for connections to the long-haul leisure routes not served at LHR.
skiaplg likes this.
Old May 8, 2022, 10:26 am
A13

Programs: BA Silver
What are we able to do in terms of rebooking as a result of operator change to IBExpress?
I don't mind the change, but considering moving the date of my outbound flight from Thu to Sat so could I do for it free due to the change?
Old May 8, 2022, 10:46 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by A13
What are we able to do in terms of rebooking as a result of operator change to IBExpress?
I don't mind the change, but considering moving the date of my outbound flight from Thu to Sat so could I do for it free due to the change?
Yes you can move by up to three days to a BA-operated service. If any issues remind the agent that there are specific guidelines for the I2 change that they need to refer to for this.

You may want to get on and do sooner rather than later in case Saturday is subbed for I2.
Old May 8, 2022, 11:23 am
A13

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by lcylocal
Yes you can move by up to three days to a BA-operated service. If any issues remind the agent that there are specific guidelines for the I2 change that they need to refer to for this.

You may want to get on and do sooner rather than later in case Saturday is subbed for I2.
thanks, thought it was 2-3 days but couldn’t find it mentioned anyway. Will call tomorrow morning. Cheers.
Old May 8, 2022, 11:28 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
I notice that BA Euroflyer have started two seasonal IT charter services from Gatwick to Kalamata (Saturday) and to Preveza (Sunday)
The IB Express lease remains at 2 aircraft. I wonder if the plan is still to increase this to 4 as the summer progresses. London Air Travel
did report a couple of weeks or so ago that BA planned to operate more of its own services from Gatwick than previously anticipated. We shall see.
The Titan 757 only operated for a few days then returned to Stansted.
Staff shortages do not appear to be affecting the Gatwick operations as severely as elsewhere. I believe BA Gatwick long haul has only cancelled one flight since March.
BA Euroflyer has cancelled about 5 or 6, although a couple of these may have had delayed start dates in any case. I am not sure of the definite reasons for the cancellations.
Of course I am aware that this is a much smaller operation than that of LHR.

Last edited by vectismanpaul; May 8, 2022 at 11:34 am
Old May 8, 2022, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by vectismanpaul
I notice that BA Euroflyer have started two seasonal IT charter services from Gatwick to Kalamata (Saturday) and to Preveza (Sunday)
The IB Express lease remains at 2 aircraft. I wonder if the plan is still to increase this to 4 as the summer progresses. London Air Travel
did report a couple of weeks or so ago that BA planned to operate more of its own services from Gatwick than previously anticipated. We shall see.
The Titan 757 only operated for a few days then returned to Stansted.
Staff shortages do not appear to be affecting the Gatwick operations as severely as elsewhere. I believe BA Gatwick long haul has only cancelled one flight since March.
BA Euroflyer has cancelled about 5 or 6, although a couple of these may have had delayed start dates in any case. I am not sure of the definite reasons for the cancellations.
Of course I am aware that this is a much smaller operation than that of LHR.
The Titan B757 will be back, not sure exactly when.
BA have seconded a number of Heathrow crew to Gatwick for six months on full Heathrow pay and allowances.
This may be the reason for the Finnair wetlease at Heathrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.