Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Euroflyer - ‘low-cost’ shorthaul subsidiary at Gatwick - launching 29th Mar 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 14, 2021, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 1Aturnleft
BA plan to resume or start flights to the destinations below from the dates shown (Summer 2023)

Alicante - from 29th March
Amsterdam - from 29th March
Antalya - from 2nd April
Athens - from 4th May
Bari - from 3rd April
Berlin - from 7th May
Bordeaux - from 16th May
Cagliari - from 24th May
Catania - from 31st March
Dalaman - from 23rd April
Dubrovnik - from 4th April
Faro - from 30th March
Gran Canaria - from 2nd April
Heraklion - from 24th April
Ibiza - from 3rd May
Kos - from 24th April
Lanzarote - from 30th March
Larnaca - from 29th March
Madrid - from 16th May
Malaga - from 7th April
Malta - from 14th April
Marrakesh - from 31st March
Menorca - from 16th May
Nice - from 31st March
Milan (MXP) - from 4th May
Palma - from 7th May
Paphos - from 29th March
Rhodes - from 28th April
Santorini - from 15th April
Seville - from 15th April
Tenerife - from 29th March
Thessaloniki - from 14th April
Turin - from 4th April
Venice - from 26th April
Verona - from 16th April

Print Wikipost

BA Euroflyer - ‘low-cost’ shorthaul subsidiary at Gatwick - launching 29th Mar 2022

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2021, 4:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC

BA Euroflyer will launch on 29th March 2022. It will begin with a 3 aircraft base and increase to 18 by May.

Apologies, they are not in order, but the following short-haul routes will be operated from Gatwick in S22 (MAD/BER/MXP/JTR/ATH are new for LGW)

Bari
Catania
Dubrovnik
Heraklion
Kos
Lanzarote
Malta
Paphos
Seville
Thessaloniki
Amsterdam
Dalaman
Faro
Ibiza
Malaga
Marrakesh
Palma
Rhodes
Tenerife
Venice
Glasgow
Manchester
Alicante
Antalya
Bordeaux
Cagliari
Gran Canaria
Larnaca
Menorca
Nice
Turin
Verona
Milan Malpensa
Santorini
Athens
Berlin
Madrid
orbitmic, the810 and becks1 like this.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 4:16 am

Programs: Virtuoso TA; SELECT TA; BAEC Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond; IHG Plantinum Amb
Hopefully the attached will be visible - showing the start date of the various routes from LGW
angeloedades and becks1 like this.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 4:18 am

Programs: BA Gold
I hope there are still cheap fare buckets to be loaded, having a look at some dates for Lanzarote in the summer and the weekends are bloomin' expensive!
ankomonkey likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 4:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List
I have just booked a couple of seats using Avios in J on a JTR-LGW service in September and the seat map indicates that it will be one of the G-GAT aircraft. I know that anything could change between now and then but I thought BA were going to send these aircraft back to the lessor?
Old Dec 14, 2021, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by BAFlyer74
I have just booked a couple of seats using Avios in J on a JTR-LGW service in September and the seat map indicates that it will be one of the G-GAT aircraft. I know that anything could change between now and then but I thought BA were going to send these aircraft back to the lessor?
September 2022? Yes absolutely anything can happen.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 4:36 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
GLA and MAN remain onsale for the summer, both 1x daily. Let's see what happens to them. Its nice to see some unexpected routes, AMS is one, MXP is also a bit left field but maybe replaces BGY, to some extent and would work well for the Italian lakes holidays.

Originally Posted by BAFlyer74
Those are placeholders based on previous schedules, I imagine. It could be a coincidence that 18 is the exact number of A321ceo's in the BA fleet and that those have remained stored throughout the pandemic. We will have a good idea of what will operate these routes in the coming weeks/months as they will need to transfer to the Euroflyer operating certificate. To allow for even more confusion, the HfP article is not clear if the initial services will be mainline, or EF. I guess a mix of both is also possible.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 4:43 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by BrianDromey
Those are placeholders based on previous schedules, I imagine. It could be a coincidence that 18 is the exact number of A321ceo's in the BA fleet and that those have remained stored throughout the pandemic. We will have a good idea of what will operate these routes in the coming weeks/months as they will need to transfer to the Euroflyer operating certificate. To allow for even more confusion, the HfP article is not clear if the initial services will be mainline, or EF. I guess a mix of both is also possible.
Does this mean that with EuroFlyer, they wont be able to switch frames with mainline to cover for IRROPS?
Old Dec 14, 2021, 4:48 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by BJ787
I hope there are still cheap fare buckets to be loaded, having a look at some dates for Lanzarote in the summer and the weekends are bloomin' expensive!
I was looking late August for ACE - and yes, a lot of flights have minimal seats loaded in higher fare brackets only, some flights are loaded but closed off for bookings - and some returns are wide open in all classes, so that to me reads like they are being updated as we speak!
Old Dec 14, 2021, 4:51 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by FamilyOf6
Does this mean that with EuroFlyer, they wont be able to switch frames with mainline to cover for IRROPS?
I would imagine it would be very easy for EuroFlyer and Mainline to "wet lease" aircraft to each other in the event of IRROPS.
FamilyOf6 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 4:53 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by BAeuro
BA Euroflyer will launch on 29th March 2022. It will begin with a 3 aircraft base and increase to 18 by May.

Apologies, they are not in order, but the following short-haul routes will be operated from Gatwick in S22 (MAD/BER/MXP/JTR/ATH are new for LGW)

Bari
Catania
Dubrovnik
Heraklion
Kos
Lanzarote
Malta
Paphos
Seville
Thessaloniki
Amsterdam
Dalaman
Faro
Ibiza
Malaga
Marrakesh
Palma
Rhodes
Tenerife
Venice
Glasgow
Manchester
Alicante
Antalya
Bordeaux
Cagliari
Gran Canaria
Larnaca
Menorca
Nice
Turin
Verona
Milan Malpensa
Santorini
Athens
Berlin
Madrid
Great to see some progress. Although I was really hoping to see EDI on the list too.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by mastutio
I had two emails this morning with time changes for two ex-LGW trips I have booked for the summer which are currently in the Wiki as 'Remaining at LGW (Off sale)'. The flights they have moved me to are visible on the BA flight schedules page but aren't for sale on ba.com yet.

It looks like things are finally starting to happen though!
I’ve had an ALC-LGW cancelled for mid-May (Saturday) but no sign of a replacement yet.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 4:58 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Akoz
Great to see some progress. Although I was really hoping to see EDI on the list too.
Indeed - really disappointing that they have GLA/MAN but no EDI. It'll make getting connections for some of these destinations a real pain and not worth it.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 5:03 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by skiaplg
Indeed - really disappointing that they have GLA/MAN but no EDI. It'll make getting connections for some of these destinations a real pain and not worth it.
As those flights are currently loaded they are W patterns from LHR, so additional flights and an EDI rotation is possible. These flights were planned as connecting opportunities for services to Pakistan, if I remember correctly? The MAN and GLA were continually cancelled as those services were pushed back.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Just to note, there are no Bilbao or Genoa flights loaded from LHR or LGW. So perhaps a sign they won’t be running next year.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 5:15 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Yes, I wonder if we might see domestic flights added at a later stage. If they have limited aircraft, I can see that domestic flights might not appear until next winter's timetable, if they do at all.

Good to see some good cities (Berlin, Madrid) in the mix, alongside summer sun destinations. I see Genoa (GOA) is missing, including from LHR, so looks like that's gone for now. It had been at LGW for years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.