Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Euroflyer - ‘low-cost’ shorthaul subsidiary at Gatwick - launching 29th Mar 2022

Old Dec 14, 21, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 1Aturnleft
BA plan to resume or start flights to the destinations below from the dates shown (Summer 2023)

Alicante - from 29th March
Amsterdam - from 29th March
Antalya - from 2nd April
Athens - from 4th May
Bari - from 3rd April
Berlin - from 7th May
Bordeaux - from 16th May
Cagliari - from 24th May
Catania - from 31st March
Dalaman - from 23rd April
Dubrovnik - from 4th April
Faro - from 30th March
Gran Canaria - from 2nd April
Heraklion - from 24th April
Ibiza - from 3rd May
Kos - from 24th April
Lanzarote - from 30th March
Larnaca - from 29th March
Madrid - from 16th May
Malaga - from 7th April
Malta - from 14th April
Marrakesh - from 31st March
Menorca - from 16th May
Nice - from 31st March
Milan (MXP) - from 4th May
Palma - from 7th May
Paphos - from 29th March
Rhodes - from 28th April
Santorini - from 15th April
Seville - from 15th April
Tenerife - from 29th March
Thessaloniki - from 14th April
Turin - from 4th April
Venice - from 26th April
Verona - from 16th April

Print Wikipost

BA Euroflyer - ‘low-cost’ shorthaul subsidiary at Gatwick - launching 29th Mar 2022

Old Dec 14, 21, 4:13 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: London, UK
Programs: BAEC
Posts: 3,257
BA Euroflyer - ‘low-cost’ shorthaul subsidiary at Gatwick - launching 29th Mar 2022

BA Euroflyer will launch on 29th March 2022. It will begin with a 3 aircraft base and increase to 18 by May.

Apologies, they are not in order, but the following short-haul routes will be operated from Gatwick in S22 (MAD/BER/MXP/JTR/ATH are new for LGW)

Bari
Catania
Dubrovnik
Heraklion
Kos
Lanzarote
Malta
Paphos
Seville
Thessaloniki
Amsterdam
Dalaman
Faro
Ibiza
Malaga
Marrakesh
Palma
Rhodes
Tenerife
Venice
Glasgow
Manchester
Alicante
Antalya
Bordeaux
Cagliari
Gran Canaria
Larnaca
Menorca
Nice
Turin
Verona
Milan Malpensa
Santorini
Athens
Berlin
Madrid
orbitmic, the810 and becks1 like this.
BAeuro is offline  
Old Dec 14, 21, 4:16 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: E14, LON
Programs: Virtuoso TA; SELECT TA; BAEC Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond; IHG Plantinum Amb
Posts: 204
Hopefully the attached will be visible - showing the start date of the various routes from LGW
angeloedades and becks1 like this.
poplarflyer is online now  
Old Dec 14, 21, 4:18 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UK
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 358
I hope there are still cheap fare buckets to be loaded, having a look at some dates for Lanzarote in the summer and the weekends are bloomin' expensive!
ankomonkey likes this.
BJ787 is offline  
Old Dec 14, 21, 4:19 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List
Posts: 191
I have just booked a couple of seats using Avios in J on a JTR-LGW service in September and the seat map indicates that it will be one of the G-GAT aircraft. I know that anything could change between now and then but I thought BA were going to send these aircraft back to the lessor?
BAFlyer74 is offline  
Old Dec 14, 21, 4:36 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: LHR, LGW
Programs: BAEC
Posts: 3,065
Originally Posted by BAFlyer74
I have just booked a couple of seats using Avios in J on a JTR-LGW service in September and the seat map indicates that it will be one of the G-GAT aircraft. I know that anything could change between now and then but I thought BA were going to send these aircraft back to the lessor?
September 2022? Yes absolutely anything can happen.
rockflyertalk is offline  
Old Dec 14, 21, 4:36 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 1,167
GLA and MAN remain onsale for the summer, both 1x daily. Let's see what happens to them. Its nice to see some unexpected routes, AMS is one, MXP is also a bit left field but maybe replaces BGY, to some extent and would work well for the Italian lakes holidays.

Originally Posted by BAFlyer74
I have just booked a couple of seats using Avios in J on a JTR-LGW service in September and the seat map indicates that it will be one of the G-GAT aircraft. I know that anything could change between now and then but I thought BA were going to send these aircraft back to the lessor?
Those are placeholders based on previous schedules, I imagine. It could be a coincidence that 18 is the exact number of A321ceo's in the BA fleet and that those have remained stored throughout the pandemic. We will have a good idea of what will operate these routes in the coming weeks/months as they will need to transfer to the Euroflyer operating certificate. To allow for even more confusion, the HfP article is not clear if the initial services will be mainline, or EF. I guess a mix of both is also possible.
BrianDromey is offline  
Old Dec 14, 21, 4:43 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Programs: BAEC
Posts: 386
Originally Posted by BrianDromey
Those are placeholders based on previous schedules, I imagine. It could be a coincidence that 18 is the exact number of A321ceo's in the BA fleet and that those have remained stored throughout the pandemic. We will have a good idea of what will operate these routes in the coming weeks/months as they will need to transfer to the Euroflyer operating certificate. To allow for even more confusion, the HfP article is not clear if the initial services will be mainline, or EF. I guess a mix of both is also possible.
Does this mean that with EuroFlyer, they wont be able to switch frames with mainline to cover for IRROPS?
FamilyOf6 is offline  
Old Dec 14, 21, 4:48 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: London
Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Posts: 2,982
Originally Posted by BJ787
I hope there are still cheap fare buckets to be loaded, having a look at some dates for Lanzarote in the summer and the weekends are bloomin' expensive!
I was looking late August for ACE - and yes, a lot of flights have minimal seats loaded in higher fare brackets only, some flights are loaded but closed off for bookings - and some returns are wide open in all classes, so that to me reads like they are being updated as we speak!
Sam Bee is offline  
Old Dec 14, 21, 4:51 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Posts: 970
Originally Posted by FamilyOf6
Does this mean that with EuroFlyer, they wont be able to switch frames with mainline to cover for IRROPS?
I would imagine it would be very easy for EuroFlyer and Mainline to "wet lease" aircraft to each other in the event of IRROPS.
FamilyOf6 likes this.
Akoz is offline  
Old Dec 14, 21, 4:53 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Posts: 970
Originally Posted by BAeuro
BA Euroflyer will launch on 29th March 2022. It will begin with a 3 aircraft base and increase to 18 by May.

Apologies, they are not in order, but the following short-haul routes will be operated from Gatwick in S22 (MAD/BER/MXP/JTR/ATH are new for LGW)

Bari
Catania
Dubrovnik
Heraklion
Kos
Lanzarote
Malta
Paphos
Seville
Thessaloniki
Amsterdam
Dalaman
Faro
Ibiza
Malaga
Marrakesh
Palma
Rhodes
Tenerife
Venice
Glasgow
Manchester
Alicante
Antalya
Bordeaux
Cagliari
Gran Canaria
Larnaca
Menorca
Nice
Turin
Verona
Milan Malpensa
Santorini
Athens
Berlin
Madrid
Great to see some progress. Although I was really hoping to see EDI on the list too.
Akoz is offline  
Old Dec 14, 21, 4:56 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 258
Originally Posted by mastutio
I had two emails this morning with time changes for two ex-LGW trips I have booked for the summer which are currently in the Wiki as 'Remaining at LGW (Off sale)'. The flights they have moved me to are visible on the BA flight schedules page but aren't for sale on ba.com yet.

It looks like things are finally starting to happen though!
Ive had an ALC-LGW cancelled for mid-May (Saturday) but no sign of a replacement yet.
Jimbojumbo is online now  
Old Dec 14, 21, 4:58 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Programs: BA Silver
Posts: 112
Originally Posted by Akoz
Great to see some progress. Although I was really hoping to see EDI on the list too.
Indeed - really disappointing that they have GLA/MAN but no EDI. It'll make getting connections for some of these destinations a real pain and not worth it.
skiaplg is offline  
Old Dec 14, 21, 5:03 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 1,167
Originally Posted by skiaplg
Indeed - really disappointing that they have GLA/MAN but no EDI. It'll make getting connections for some of these destinations a real pain and not worth it.
As those flights are currently loaded they are W patterns from LHR, so additional flights and an EDI rotation is possible. These flights were planned as connecting opportunities for services to Pakistan, if I remember correctly? The MAN and GLA were continually cancelled as those services were pushed back.
BrianDromey is offline  
Old Dec 14, 21, 5:14 am
  #14  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: London, UK
Programs: BAEC
Posts: 3,257
Just to note, there are no Bilbao or Genoa flights loaded from LHR or LGW. So perhaps a sign they wont be running next year.
BAeuro is offline  
Old Dec 14, 21, 5:15 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CMB
Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Posts: 2,314
Yes, I wonder if we might see domestic flights added at a later stage. If they have limited aircraft, I can see that domestic flights might not appear until next winter's timetable, if they do at all.

Good to see some good cities (Berlin, Madrid) in the mix, alongside summer sun destinations. I see Genoa (GOA) is missing, including from LHR, so looks like that's gone for now. It had been at LGW for years.
Dan72 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread