Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Euroflyer - ‘low-cost’ shorthaul subsidiary at Gatwick - launching 29th Mar 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 14, 2021, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 1Aturnleft
BA plan to resume or start flights to the destinations below from the dates shown (Summer 2023)

Alicante - from 29th March
Amsterdam - from 29th March
Antalya - from 2nd April
Athens - from 4th May
Bari - from 3rd April
Berlin - from 7th May
Bordeaux - from 16th May
Cagliari - from 24th May
Catania - from 31st March
Dalaman - from 23rd April
Dubrovnik - from 4th April
Faro - from 30th March
Gran Canaria - from 2nd April
Heraklion - from 24th April
Ibiza - from 3rd May
Kos - from 24th April
Lanzarote - from 30th March
Larnaca - from 29th March
Madrid - from 16th May
Malaga - from 7th April
Malta - from 14th April
Marrakesh - from 31st March
Menorca - from 16th May
Nice - from 31st March
Milan (MXP) - from 4th May
Palma - from 7th May
Paphos - from 29th March
Rhodes - from 28th April
Santorini - from 15th April
Seville - from 15th April
Tenerife - from 29th March
Thessaloniki - from 14th April
Turin - from 4th April
Venice - from 26th April
Verona - from 16th April

Print Wikipost

BA Euroflyer - ‘low-cost’ shorthaul subsidiary at Gatwick - launching 29th Mar 2022

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2022, 5:53 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
London Air Travel just mentioned that some of the BAEuroflyer flights scheduled to be operated by Iberia Express have now gone back to BA. This is a positive development regarding their operation for the summer.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 12:39 am

Has anyone got any information concerning the arrival of the Iberia Express aircraft at Gatwick to provide extra capacity for BA Euroflyer as the schedule ramps up? According to the current timetable one is needed on Thursday. However it has been said that BA may be doing more of its own flying.
There are currently 5 A320 at Gatwick for Euroflyer but Thursday may need 6. G-GATL was due to transfer from LHR yesterday but this didn’t happen. Maybe today!
BA Euroflyer has operated about 90 flights since Match 29th with two cancellations. The cancellations may have been pre-planned or due to illness.
Both Heathrow and Gatwick tend to display some flights as cancelled even though they were removed from the system a couple of weeks before or pre-planned. This allows the press to at times exaggerate the situation. Of course sudden cancellations do happen which is unpleasant for too many people but recently some are not being reported accurately. I guess though newspapers prefer the drama!
Old Apr 12, 2022, 12:45 am

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
Very poor PR

Originally Posted by vectismanpaul
This allows the press to at times exaggerate the situation. Of course sudden cancellations do happen which is unpleasant for too many people but recently some are not being reported accurately. I guess though newspapers prefer the drama!
Well … yes, and no. The airline’s PR service of late has been absolutely dreadful and they have not been on top of crisis management over the last few months. One puts in a media call but whether one gets a reply, and whether or not it is timely in relation to one’s deadline, is another matter. Much of this poor publicity is of the airline’s own making, I’m sorry to say.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 12:52 am

I wasn’t referring to just BA in this instance, but I take your point.
SxMan likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 3:10 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Has anyone got any information concerning the arrival of the Iberia Express aircraft at Gatwick to provide extra capacity for BA Euroflyer as the schedule ramps up? According to the current timetable one is needed on Thursday. However it has been said that BA may be doing more of its own flying.
There are currently 5 A320 at Gatwick for Euroflyer but Thursday may need 6. G-GATL was due to transfer from LHR yesterday but this didn’t happen. Maybe today!
BA Euroflyer has operated about 90 flights since Match 29th with two cancellations. The cancellations may have been pre-planned or due to illness.
Both Heathrow and Gatwick tend to display some flights as cancelled even though they were removed from the system a couple of weeks before or pre-planned. This allows the press to at times exaggerate the situation. Of course sudden cancellations do happen which is unpleasant for too many people but recently some are not being reported accurately. I guess though newspapers prefer the drama!
Even a flight cancelled a couple of weeks out can be quite annoying. Especially online rebooking not working or not offering what you want and it is necessary to call in. And also if it involves a LHR-LGW change and travel/parking/hotels need to be changed.

Obviously it is better that cancelling on the day mind.
vectismanpaul likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 3:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Unless I'm mistaken it looks like the I2 flights are restricting Club to 3 rows, seems an odd decision around Easter when I've regularly seen 12 rows of Club on holiday flights before.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by S_W_S
Unless I'm mistaken it looks like the I2 flights are restricting Club to 3 rows, seems an odd decision around Easter when I've regularly seen 12 rows of Club on holiday flights before.
In all my Iberia Express business flights, I don't think I have ever seen more than 3 rows. Is there some seating/curtain reason for that?
Old Apr 12, 2022, 3:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ReadystEDIgo
In all my Iberia Express business flights, I don't think I have ever seen more than 3 rows. Is there some seating/curtain reason for that?
I think it is that. IB express is limited to 3 rows. Likewise Iberia A320s are limited to 6 rows. They don’t have the same premium demand as BA do from London.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by ReadystEDIgo
I think it's likely a galley size issue. I believe they have much smaller galleys on the IB aircraft, so they can't load enough catering for more than~3 rows
george77300 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 4:30 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by jonas123
I think it's likely a galley size issue. I believe they have much smaller galleys on the IB aircraft, so they can't load enough catering for more than~3 rows
Do BA use the mini catering trays at Gatwick that appeared at Heathrow along with the neos?
Old Apr 12, 2022, 5:18 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Think I saw it in the fleet thread and just checked- G-GATL arrived in Gatwick last night. Does this provide the 6th?
vectismanpaul likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 7:21 am

Yes that means BAEuroflyer has the 6 aircraft it could use on Thursday. However, I am not sure it has all the crew in place just yet.
We shall see on Thursday!

Last edited by vectismanpaul; Apr 12, 2022 at 7:30 am
Old Apr 12, 2022, 9:42 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Yes that means BAEuroflyer has the 6 aircraft it could use on Thursday. However, I am not sure it has all the crew in place just yet.
We shall see on Thursday!
G-GATL kicks off its LGW flying tomorrow with either FAO and AMS or ACE (there are overlapping routes / times in the Flightradar system at present)

Pilot37
lcylocal likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 9:51 am

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan Basic; BA Executive Club Blue;
Originally Posted by lcylocal
The policy has been up on BA travel trade for a few days now too.

For the record it allows moving to a BA service +-3 days with the same origin and destination. It includes redemptions and allows moving to a Heathrow or London City service.

This is distinct from the Standard Customer Guidelines for leased aircraft. These allow moves to the nearest BA before or after the flight in question - with no 3 day limit.

Both only apply to BA 125- tickets and neither allow refunds.
Have managed to rebook a Amex 241 avios redemption from Malaga to Heathrow from Gatwick. Worked out well because the Gatters service gets in at almost midnight. Only waited 5 minutes on the line, and was sorted by a very competent agent quickly. Was expecting the worse but was pleasantly surprised!
gcuk and lcylocal like this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by Pilot37
G-GATL kicks off its LGW flying tomorrow with either FAO and AMS or ACE (there are overlapping routes / times in the Flightradar system at present)

Pilot37
Not possible for G-GATL to do Faro and Arrecife, as latter departs at 1350 and aircraft doesn't get back from Faro until 1450.
Still a couple of aircraft to be allocated to flights yet though according to FR24.
However FR24 is not reliable at times. It still doesn't show G-GATL at Gatwick.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.