Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Here we go again, more aircraft changes!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2021, 3:09 am
formerly Christopher Sutton
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Here we go again, more aircraft changes!

Appears bad luck relating to aircraft change seems to be following me around! Having LHR to JNB switched from a 351 to 777J, before being cancelled, I booked LHR to MLE for my 40th birthday end of March returning mid April. Just had an email confirming seat changes. Fearing the worst (which I was right to) and looks like a switch from a 77W to 77J. I’m really disappointed and frustrated. I was under the impression this route was one of the first to start flying the Club Suite particularly given it’s high J demand due to honeymooners so why are they changing it? Given the latest COVID news I thought there would be a surplus of aircraft not a shortage with the need to use non refurbished aircraft. :-(
Old Dec 13, 2021, 3:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
My BGI flights in April have just changed from CS to old CW. Quite surprised as this route is generally CS now.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 3:24 am
Original Poster

Same assumption for BGI too. Very disappointing.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 3:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
The A380 has been withdrawn from Dallas as well from March 2022 with the BA192/3 reverting to 777.

San Jose staRt date pushed back to June 2022.

I suspect BA are battening down the hatches to weather the storm of the new variant, new waves, disinclination to travel and possible enhanced restrictions in the UK, Europe and rest of the world and making their assets earn as much as they can elsewhere
becks1, SxMan and Carfield like this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 3:26 am
Original Poster

My BA60 is heaving in J so why give passengers of a full flight an old and tired product?
Old Dec 13, 2021, 3:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by SurreyFlightPath
My BA60 is heaving in J so why give passengers of a full flight an old and tired product?
Because 3 months out, during a pandemic, it is already heaving in J. See Cape Town, always full of leisure travellers got crap old planes. You get a direct flight. Generally better product is put on business heavy routes as a priority.

Anyway you are still 3 months out, I would expect the aircraft type to change at least twice more before the travel date, and quite possibly a schedule change too.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 3:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
The only route that is "guaranteed" to have Club Suites is JFK. Even then, last minute subs can happen. Until the entire fleet has the new seat there will always be the risk of your flight being swapped out for an aircraft with old CW. On the day it doesn't matter if a route is "heaving" in J, what matters is what aircraft is available to operate the route.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 3:39 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Because to BA Club is Club. They don't care about what product is on what route, only the cabin size mix of F/J/W/Y. Thay want the right size and config aircraft on the right route, not to please you on your holibobs.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pretty confident this will change again and maybe again before Mar / Apr...
SurreyFlightPath likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 3:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Airprox
Because to BA Club is Club. They don't care about what product is on what route, only the cabin size mix of F/J/W/Y. Thay want the right size and config aircraft on the right route, not to please you on your holibobs.
Please don’t be so patronising, I totally understand the operational reasons and rationale but when it affects you directly it’s frustrating.
Carfield and LWkitty like this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 6:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
[...] I booked LHR to MLE for my 40th birthday end of March returning mid April. Just had an email confirming seat changes. [...]. I was under the impression this route was one of the first to start flying the Club Suite particularly given it’s high J demand due to honeymooners so why are they changing it?
Well there you are - BA probably thinks honeymooners would rather gaze lovingly into each others eyes across the lowered divider of the old CW 'yin-yang' seats than spend 10 hours in a CS cupboard unable to easily see their beloved
Old Dec 13, 2021, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by southlondonphil
Well there you are - BA probably thinks honeymooners would rather gaze lovingly into each others eyes across the lowered divider of the old CW 'yin-yang' seats than spend 10 hours in a CS cupboard unable to easily see their beloved
Exactly!
Old Dec 13, 2021, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

deleted
Old Dec 13, 2021, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by Airprox
Please don’t be so patronising, I totally understand the operational reasons and rationale but when it affects you directly it’s frustrating.

Ask question, gets answered, claim knew reason and say answer is patronising. Sort of a shrug moment really.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I’m really disappointed and frustrated.
I'm sure it's just as frustrating for all of the other people who've been posting in the relevant threads, like these:
TTmex and 1Aturnleft like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.