Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Please remain seated until your row number is called when......

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please remain seated until your row number is called when......

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2021, 4:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Agree with the OP, whether it's more civilised or not, it's pretty pointless. Not only do you find yourself on a packed bus on many occasions, even when you deplane via an airbridge passengers invariably end up standing up and congregating with those around them/ in front/ behind. I'm not against it. It doesn't slow me down or bother me. But from a Covid prevention perspective it really seems like fake news.
Gaza likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
It was great getting off the plane (in LIN) but not so great that the little bus to the airport was then packed full with less than social distance among us.
Gaza likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 6:17 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, BA GGL/CCR,/GFL, A3 Gold, JBU Mosaic, ITA Executive, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Gaza
...... you'll be able to disembark and squeeze on to the packed bus that will take you to the terminal.

Another Covid-related measure that is designed to make people feel safe while achieving absolutely zero. At least they no longer insist that you have to take the alcohol wipe and plastic bag. I did complain that pre-Covid we were being told how big a problem plastic was for the environment (no disagreement with that) and that issuing thousands of these a day was environmentally damaging.
A culture that passively accepts and follows pointless rules is a culture that is destined to dissolution
Old Nov 15, 2021, 6:13 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
Deplaneing by row number.

Just did a multi part europe trip, first flight with BA in some time. New to me was the disembarking by set row numbers. (1-5 then 6-10 etc). As someone that typicaly sits in the middle of the plane (exit row) on short haul. What a pleasant difference it made having everyone seated until actually ready to leave the aircraft. Long may this continue. All together very civilised.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 6:31 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

From a few days back... it's not always as good

Please remain seated until your row number is called when...... - FlyerTalk Forums
orbitmic likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 7:56 am

Programs: BA Gold
I wouldn't get too excited about this lasting. On the first of my two long haul sectors last week, deplaning by row number was announced initially (by which point 30% of Pax were already in the aisle), with no subsequent announcement to reinforce the policy or for specific rows to exit (i.e. it was a complete free for all, and worse than pre-COVID for any regular flyers who were waiting patiently in their seats). Rows 1-27 (on a 788 - so J, W and 50% of Y) announced on the second...
Old Nov 17, 2021, 10:14 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

It's only good if passengers follow along and the crew is willing to call out offenders.
Was flying LIN-LHR yesterday and they made the announcement in English but not Italian, so there were a number of people who went about their usual business and started pulling out overhead baggage.
YMMV.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 10:20 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
It’s only good if they are de-planing from the front and I get off first! It’s also a complete joke to imagine that it does anything at all to reduce covid transmission or whatever it is supposed to do.
the810 likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 11:25 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

It is pointless. First and Business deplanes first regardless. On all of my long haul flights we had people at the back of the plane telling the crew that they have 30-45 minutes for connection. In two of those flights, FA allowed the passengers in the back to grab their belongings and go to the front.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by crazy8534
It’s only good if they are de-planing from the front and I get off first! It’s also a complete joke to imagine that it does anything at all to reduce covid transmission or whatever it is supposed to do.
Go on, explain that one…
Old Nov 17, 2021, 6:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Allegedly it’s here to stay as passenger feedback has been positive.
1Aturnleft and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Even though, I have came from this thread, I would write some points that I hate this application. Anyone who wants an orderly disembarkation process could wait until everyone de-boards.

1- At some airports, I prefer to walk fast or sprint to immigration because I would leave the airport faster or if I'm connecting, I would have more time at the lounge rather than waiting at a line. Especially in crowded US airports, even a single person in front of you in line at immigration could make a difference as it takes 2-4 minutes for an officer to process an average person. Let's say that you're seated in the exit row of a 777/787 behind 3 or 4 L/R. You could stand up, advance forward as soon as the seatbelt signs have been switched off and skip waiting 15-20 minutes for those people to be processed at immigration.

2- Same things go with connections. When making a connection, the door opening times are considered as the arrival time. If someone is seated at row 30 on a narrow-body with a tight connection and asked to remain seated by the crew for 10-15 minutes until everyone in the front leaves the aircraft, what would happen? The passenger would have missed a legitimate ( doable by rules ) connection and probably the airline would blame him for being slow.

Things might be good on one side but the consequences on the other side should also be seen.
tgsh2006 and the810 like this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by IkarosBOS
A culture that passively accepts and follows pointless rules is a culture that is destined to dissolution
Pointless they may be, but kicking and screaming with dissent is futile. The reality is that by not following the current rules of travel, you ain't going anywhere,
Old Nov 18, 2021, 7:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Can't see it working really once all and sundry start flying again. So whatever row they start with, what happens if a pax or group of pax are not ready to disembark? It can take some longer than others to "get ready". So does that mean everyone will have to wait?

The more I read about flying at the moment, the more I cant be bothered...and somehow the future don't look that enticing either....just my humble opinion. Gosh I long for the past days of tier point runs and just general fun flying one world. I think it's all gone ....🙁
Old Nov 18, 2021, 9:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Disembarking by rows is fine, but not being able to stand is silly. This just delays things as it can take some minutes for some passengers to get their belongings from the overhead locker

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.