Community
Wiki Posts
Search

API data on bookings

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2022, 1:39 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
After many struggles, I found that there is also the API fields in my profile. So I inputted them there, needed to wait 24 hours, and then it was ok to add on the trip menu.

I tried hard to make it identical in both places, but one had my 9 digit us zip code, with a hyphen, and the API for the trip required numbers only. So I had the 5 digit code there.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 1:46 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by beachfan
After many struggles, I found that there is also the API fields in my profile. So I inputted them there, needed to wait 24 hours, and then it was ok to add on the trip menu.

I tried hard to make it identical in both places, but one had my 9 digit us zip code, with a hyphen, and the API for the trip required numbers only. So I had the 5 digit code there.
I was wrong. It subsequently showed the same error message.

furthermore, it won’t let me check in for the second leg (Lhr-lax), nor my wife for either leg. Me because it says it needs my passport info (which is there but not my address), my wife because it said they haven’t verified older Covid info (even though we submitted at the same time).

So I will get there a half hour earlier which is a pain for a 7:40 AM flight.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 10:40 am

I have API woes. This seemed the best of the threads dealing with BA and API. It is a long tale.

Preliminaries are that I have not flown BA or used the BA site to book a flight for 3 years, though I have credited a few AA flights to BA. Kept BA silver thru the pandemic, but am now bronze.

Made a BA avios reward booking on EI DUB-IAD. Entered the minimum amount of information to confirm the booking. When using MMB to view the booking, it states all fields are complete. I can't view the details as the passport number I tried was the new passport number. I also tried my previous passport number. Can't view the details on the Finnair site either.

I also made a BA avios reward booking on BA IAD-LHR. Same problems as with the EI booking. But the Finnair let me change the FF number and select a seat. But, I entered my US home address for the address in the UK. Whoops !!

I called BA in the USA 1 time, but the phone connections were awful on both land line and mobile phones.

I will try to call BA and correct these errors if they are capable to do so. Are they and which option to use, existing booking or avios booking? Would going to the IAD airport counter days before the initial flight be an option, since it is a short metro trip for me. Or just go to the airport an extra hour ahead of time on day of departure? I have TSA pre-check via global entry and want to use that for security screening.

Finally, what is the best way to update the saved API information?
Old Mar 29, 2023, 11:08 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Before booking, it's best to first get your BAEC profile correct in terms of passport numbers and address. Any new bookings should then be correctly populated - the APIS sits on the booking, but can be initially populated by the BAEC profile. After you have made the booking then adjusting the profile won't update existing bookings. If you are a USA citizen or legal resident returning home you can just sort it out at the airport. If there is something like an ESTA or B1/B2 involved then you better call up on a clear line. I would start with the commercial booking but because EI are not fully on Amadeus then it may be that you'll still have to update it check-in.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 12:25 pm

Having this same issue still - even providing the address information by phone didn't help
Old Mar 30, 2023, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Before booking, it's best to first get your BAEC profile correct in terms of passport numbers and address. Any new bookings should then be correctly populated - the APIS sits on the booking, but can be initially populated by the BAEC profile. After you have made the booking then adjusting the profile won't update existing bookings.
I have tried to update my BAEC profile, but neither the expired nor new passport number is recognized by the BA web site. Should I call BA and have them remove the profile details completely, then I can enter the new information?
Until this is resolved, I assume the best way forward for bookings is to make the book without 1st logging in to my BA account, then add the API after the booking is ticketed. Right?
Old Mar 30, 2023, 7:32 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by headinclouds
I have tried to update my BAEC profile, but neither the expired nor new passport number is recognized by the BA web site. Should I call BA and have them remove the profile details completely, then I can enter the new information?
Until this is resolved, I assume the best way forward for bookings is to make the book without 1st logging in to my BA account, then add the API after the booking is ticketed. Right?
OK, try another browser, use the App, Incognito, borrow someone else's computer and other combinations of this first. There is a well known Cookie issue in this space and so you may be able to resolve this by going in from a new direction.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 6:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton HONORS Silver
Hi!

Just thought I would relate my recent experience of this.

Applied for my new passport just before Easter and received it within a week which is pretty good considering all of the hassle surrounding the Passport Office.

Like most on this thread I failed miserably trying to update said information on my account and decided to call the dedicated Silver line on Easter Sunday expecting a long wait. Call was answered within one ring (honest) and explaining the problem, the agent very kindly took me through the process - only admitting defeat when the dreaded "you are logged....." message appeared again.

He took my details and effected the changes all very cordially with an apology at the end.

There is some good phone based customer care out there!

Den
Old Mar 18, 2024, 10:31 am

Have tried many times to update API, different browsers, via the app, on other websites - always the same issue that something needs correcting - but doesn't highlight what

Any other ideas ?
Old Mar 18, 2024, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by AB28
Have tried many times to update API, different browsers, via the app, on other websites - always the same issue that something needs correcting - but doesn't highlight what

Any other ideas ?
Have you tried Royal Air Maroc?
Old Mar 18, 2024, 11:16 am

I'm in there now but cant readily see how to add the rest of API info ?
Old Mar 18, 2024, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by AB28
I'm in there now but cant readily see how to add the rest of API info ?
There should be a red section at the top. Where is your destination here?
Old Mar 23, 2024, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA EP, MUCCI, Proudly BA Blue,.
This is a problem that occurs mainly when booking from another airline partner in my experience. I'll book a BA flight using AAdvantage Miles, then switch over to BA using the BA PNR and the API won't stick. Highly annoying for sure, and effects those without high enough status to gets free seats upon booking the most. Hopefully BA's "multi-billion dollar overhaul" will fix this problem!

My most recent problem, and a bit OT, is that I got a Flighty alert that BA had switched metal on an upcoming flight so I rushed over to see if my seat assignments got messed up (and sure enough thy had) but also noticed that the PNR for one of the two reservations had changed - now that's a first!
Old Mar 24, 2024, 11:28 am

I would have thought you enter the API data into the AA PNR and the info would be transferred to each airline in the itinerary.. Has this been tried & found to not work?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.