Search

Dublin Lounge Access

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2021, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Avios
Dublin Lounge Access

Evening All,

I’ve been researching the rules for lounge access in Dublin when flying to London. I see that if you are flying EI to LHR or LGW, lounge access is available for BA Gold members.

What happens when flying BA to LHR? And, this being particularly of interest, what about BA to LCY?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 30, 2021, 3:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
The DAA lounge in T1, which BA did use, has not had its contract renewed by BA - so currently no lounge access is available unless you wish to pay for it.
If you decide to fly with EI out of T2 for lounge access - be aware their Dublin lounge has still not reopened either.

Pilot37

Last edited by Pilot37; Jul 31, 2021 at 12:12 am
Old Jul 30, 2021, 7:41 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by Pilot37
The DAA lounge in T1, which BA did use, has not had its contract renewed by BA - so currently no lounge access is available unless you wish to pay for it.
If you decide to fly with EI out T2 for lounge access - be aware their Dublin lounge has still not reopened either.

Pilot37
Also the DAA lounge had really unusual hours earlier this month. For example, it was closed on Tuesdays. Access via priority pass is still an option fwiw.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 2:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by f-mouse
I’ve been researching the rules for lounge access in Dublin when flying to London. I see that if you are flying EI to LHR or LGW, lounge access is available for BA Gold members. It is the same when flying from LHR to Ireland as well, with lounge access for Gold and Silver from LHR T2.

What happens when flying BA to LHR? And, this being particularly of interest, what about BA to LCY?
When flying Aer Lingus from Dublin to London Heathrow or London Gatwick, Gold and Silver Executive Club members have access to the EI lounge in T2. The lounge is currently closed, however it was refurbished during the pandemic, so it'll be interesting to see how it looks and what is on offer when it reopens.

As others have mentioned, BA flights to LHR and LCY have access to the DAA lounge, however at the moment there is no contract and no lounge access as a result.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 6:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Flying BA to LHR this evening from Dublin. I know I can't access the EI lounge, sadly.
Has access to the DAA lounge been restored or am I doomed to sit in the terminal?

Thank you
Old Jan 30, 2022, 6:46 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Originally Posted by noFODplease
Flying BA to LHR this evening from Dublin. I know I can't access the EI lounge, sadly.
Has access to the DAA lounge been restored or am I doomed to sit in the terminal?

Thank you

Yes it has. I was in there a fortnight ago
noFODplease likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 7:24 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by noFODplease

Thank you
The lounge shuts at 17:00 though, so if you’re on.a late flight, you may be out of luck.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 7:32 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Take a look at this thread.

BA lounges : COVID-19 closures and reopenings
Genius1 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
Indeed, and also the oneworld website: https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=DUB
Old Apr 8, 2022, 2:49 am

Just to resurrect this thread, is it still policy that BA Gold travelling EI economy DUB-LHR get lounge access in DUB?
Old Apr 8, 2022, 3:48 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Yes, last done very recently. Flying BA you get the T1 lounge, EI is the EI lounge. You do need to show your card.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 3:49 am

Programs: BA Gold; AA LTG MM
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
Just to resurrect this thread, is it still policy that BA Gold travelling EI economy DUB-LHR get lounge access in DUB?
Yes, it is. Make sure you use your digital card from the app with the barcode as they wouldn’t accept the physical card last time I was there in February.
Tobias-UK and andymcdonnell like this.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 5:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
Silver card holders also get this access when flying Aer Lingus to LHR or LGW from Dublin (and at LHR T2 when flying to Ireland for that matter).
andymcdonnell and jonr405 like this.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 6:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Dimond Amb
remember that even with a Gold Card you will only get access for the gold card holder and not any guests.
andymcdonnell likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 11:49 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by sigma421
The lounge shuts at 17:00 though, so if you’re on.a late flight, you may be out of luck.
Still closing at 5pm despite a busy terminal and busy business class on the 1955 to LHR, not good enough imho.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.