Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) to Singapore.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2021, 8:33 am
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by Midships
As far as I know BA passengers can transfer onto Scoot flights. This may assist, though is for SQ flights:

https://www.flyscoot.com/en/announce...ough-singapore
Thanks for this - not quite clear how this would work though unless it was all on one ticket. The other complexity is that Belfast would be my departure City as is not on the list of 'Approved' cities.

It looks like you can buy a ticket with JetStar through BA, so it is possible to get all the flights on one ticket. Only problem is that there is only one flight a day and the timings back arent great.

Last edited by JD1905; Oct 17, 2021 at 9:08 am
Old Oct 17, 2021, 8:03 pm

Programs: BAEC GFL (Only took 30 years)
Originally Posted by JackDann
Thanks for this - not quite clear how this would work though unless it was all on one ticket. The other complexity is that Belfast would be my departure City as is not on the list of 'Approved' cities.

It looks like you can buy a ticket with JetStar through BA, so it is possible to get all the flights on one ticket. Only problem is that there is only one flight a day and the timings back arent great.
Yes, as I understand it, it would have to be one connecting booking. I believe once you enter Singapore, you need to take a covid test and isolate until the results are known (that is if you are on a VTL flight - if not then its a quarantine period). So far as I am aware, this would apply even if you are only picking up bags and departing within a few hours.

I'm not sure what you mean by list of "approved" cities - Singapore have approved countries to travel from under the VTL.

Last edited by Midships; Oct 17, 2021 at 10:01 pm
Old Oct 18, 2021, 2:42 am
formerly JackDann

Yes, as I understand it, it would have to be one connecting booking. I believe once you enter Singapore, you need to take a covid test and isolate until the results are known (that is if you are on a VTL flight - if not then its a quarantine period). So far as I am aware, this would apply even if you are only picking up bags and departing within a few hours.

I'm not sure what you mean by list of "approved" cities - Singapore have approved countries to travel from under the VTL.
I'm not sure how i'd get this on one booking - BA Wouldn't book me on to Scoot would they? I think it's impossible to do, but would be great if somebody could correct me as there is some excellent deals available on that route.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 4:20 am

I'm not sure how i'd get this on one booking - BA Wouldn't book me on to Scoot would they? I think it's impossible to do, but would be great if somebody could correct me as there is some excellent deals available on that route.
That I don't know - once it gets beyond flying into / out of Singapore my knowledge becomes a little sparse. Apologies.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 6:02 am
Original Poster

As far as I know BA passengers can transfer onto Scoot flights. This may assist, though is for SQ flights:

https://www.flyscoot.com/en/announce...ough-singapore
BA only can transfer to Jetstar at changi. Scoot is not possible.
Midships likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 9:02 am

Apologies - see above - my bad.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 2:30 am
formerly JackDann

Frustratingly - It looks as though the flight that would have connected perfectly with SIN > LHR from HKT is unavailable, otherwise the route would have been do-able. Will keep an eye on it.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 2:57 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
FWIW I had an email from BA yesterday regarding this subject and my forthcoming trip. It said.....
Important information about your upcoming flight to Singapore
We have been working with the Singapore Government on its Vaccinated Travel Lane scheme which allows fully vaccinated travellers to Singapore to avoid the need to quarantine for 10 days.
This means you must be fully vaccinated for your upcoming flight to Singapore or a Singaporean national or residence holder in order to travel. Customers transiting in Singapore with a connecting flight with Jet Star (3K) are also exempt from this requirement.
Please apply for a Singapore Vaccinated Travel Pass 7 days or more before travel. (Children aged 12 and under are exempt but must be accompanied by a vaccinated adult).
You’ll also need to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 48 hours of departure and register and pay for a COVID-19 test on arrival in Singapore. (Children aged 2 and under are exempt).
Further requirements apply, please review the latest UK Government advice.
If you need to change your booking, our Booking with Confidence commitment means you can do so in Manage My Booking without incurring a change fee, or you can cancel for a voucher. You can find out more at ba.com/COVID-19. You can also contact us.
We look forward to welcoming you on board.
British Airways
Old Oct 19, 2021, 3:10 am
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by sunshinebob
FWIW I had an email from BA yesterday regarding this subject and my forthcoming trip. It said.....
Important information about your upcoming flight to Singapore
We have been working with the Singapore Government on its Vaccinated Travel Lane scheme which allows fully vaccinated travellers to Singapore to avoid the need to quarantine for 10 days.
This means you must be fully vaccinated for your upcoming flight to Singapore or a Singaporean national or residence holder in order to travel. Customers transiting in Singapore with a connecting flight with Jet Star (3K) are also exempt from this requirement.
Please apply for a Singapore Vaccinated Travel Pass 7 days or more before travel. (Children aged 12 and under are exempt but must be accompanied by a vaccinated adult).
You’ll also need to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 48 hours of departure and register and pay for a COVID-19 test on arrival in Singapore. (Children aged 2 and under are exempt).
Further requirements apply, please review the latest UK Government advice.
If you need to change your booking, our Booking with Confidence commitment means you can do so in Manage My Booking without incurring a change fee, or you can cancel for a voucher. You can find out more at ba.com/COVID-19. You can also contact us.
We look forward to welcoming you on board.
British Airways
Thanks - this is nice and clear. Defo not worth the hassle unless you can are going to transit onto JetStar at Singapore then. Let's just hope they put some more flights on.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 3:24 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Does anyone know if a Jetstar flight can be added to a BA booking or if they will tag bags through to Heathrow? Thinking about my return flight in March?
JD1905 likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 3:43 am
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by strickers
Does anyone know if a Jetstar flight can be added to a BA booking or if they will tag bags through to Heathrow? Thinking about my return flight in March?
I just asked this on the phone - the short answer is that yes, you can. They say that this can obviously change depending on a number of factors. Based on the fact that I am able to add connections onto this, I have just booked flights for January in the hope that I will be able to add my JetStar connections at a later date (If they increase their schedule).

Again, with this being fully flexible until Christmas, it gives a couple of months of flexibility. Given I've just bagged 2 x F tickets for £3,000 each from Belfast i'm happy enough.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 3:58 am

I just asked this on the phone - the short answer is that yes, you can. They say that this can obviously change depending on a number of factors. Based on the fact that I am able to add connections onto this, I have just booked flights for January in the hope that I will be able to add my JetStar connections at a later date (If they increase their schedule).

Again, with this being fully flexible until Christmas, it gives a couple of months of flexibility. Given I've just bagged 2 x F tickets for £3,000 each from Belfast i'm happy enough.
It is starting to look more promising, I've just emailed YouFirst, I have the flights booked already using Avios. I'll hopefully get the same reply.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 6:21 am

Just had this from YouFirst:

I am very sorry, we are unable to add a JetStar flight to your booking, you would need to make the booking directly through them or a Travel Agent. Unfortunately the bags will not check all the way through.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 6:40 am
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by strickers
Just had this from YouFirst:

I am very sorry, we are unable to add a JetStar flight to your booking, you would need to make the booking directly through them or a Travel Agent. Unfortunately the bags will not check all the way through.
Interesting, not the first time that BA have given conflicting information. I'm not sure of the terms of your ticket and i'd imagine that this will vary individually. My booking is fully flexible up until Christmas time, may be why i'm able to make amendments and add connections? The alternative for me will be to cancel and re-book, the BA website does allow you to book with JetStar.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 6:51 am

Interesting, not the first time that BA have given conflicting information. I'm not sure of the terms of your ticket and i'd imagine that this will vary individually. My booking is fully flexible up until Christmas time, may be why i'm able to make amendments and add connections? The alternative for me will be to cancel and re-book, the BA website does allow you to book with JetStar.
I know, possibly because it's an Avios booking. I've got a few months yet so I will just wait and see for a bit longer. The outbound and return are separate bookings, so I can head out BA and rebook with someone else coming back if needed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.