Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) to Singapore.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2021, 10:53 pm

Programs: BAEC GFL (Only took 30 years)
Originally Posted by Jamo2022
where did this come from - sounds super promising having booked a flight on the 19th!!
There's an article here:

https://londonairtravel.com/2021/10/...nes-singapore/

Though I've found nothing from BA itself.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by Starship73
This is currently a hypothetical question, but I'll ask it anyway. On the days where BA currently has two daily flights scheduled to SIN, if they were to say designate ONE of those two daily flights as VTL and you happened to be booked on the other, non-VTL flight, would BA allow you to rebook onto the VTL flight as a 'free' change? As I said, currently hypothetical...
At present, only four flights a week. No twice daily flights scheduled until the end of March.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 3:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jamo2022
where did this come from - sounds super promising having booked a flight on the 19th!!
It looks like the standard format for a BA Trade Support bulletin. But the link for the Singapore VTL page isn't working.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...kba?faqid=8753
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 10:10 am
Original Poster

It was reported both SQ n BA have sold many seats between 26 dec to 12/Jan for their VTL flights. Most flights are almost full.

a search on BA show almost no Y seats available while SQ just released more seats at the highest class/price as they upgraded the VTL flight to A380 with 471 seats compare to the 264 seat 777-300ER.

maybe BA should work on daily flights during these period.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 1:47 pm

Hi all - I have flights booked for mid-April 2022 but it is not BA11 and is BA15. I'm unsure what to do at this point, wait to see whether this is updated to a VTL flight or try to contact BA to ask for my fights to be rebooked onto a BA11 (which seems impossible just now as I have tried numerous times over the last couple of days without answer, it automatically cuts you off after listening to some messages and going through the menu system). Is anyone else in a similar situation or has any more information at this stage? Thank you.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by tinavios
Hi all - I have flights booked for mid-April 2022 but it is not BA11 and is BA15. I'm unsure what to do at this point, wait to see whether this is updated to a VTL flight or try to contact BA to ask for my fights to be rebooked onto a BA11 (which seems impossible just now as I have tried numerous times over the last couple of days without answer, it automatically cuts you off after listening to some messages and going through the menu system). Is anyone else in a similar situation or has any more information at this stage? Thank you.
I would just wait and see at this point, depends if BA go back to Aus as to what happens with Singapore + the VTL might go away eventually. The move BA have made for now is all flights they operate are VTL so I'd have thought they'd keep this stance until that scheme ends
Old Oct 14, 2021, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
It was reported both SQ n BA have sold many seats between 26 dec to 12/Jan for their VTL flights. Most flights are almost full.

a search on BA show almost no Y seats available while SQ just released more seats at the highest class/price as they upgraded the VTL flight to A380 with 471 seats compare to the 264 seat 777-300ER.

maybe BA should work on daily flights during these period.
They were daily at one point and then they cut them back and changed the days so I wondered if Singapore or Changi are liaising with the airlines to keep capacity under the 3000 VTL arrival limit and BA are limited by this. Air France have added (converted?) an extra flight to VTL around then as well to help meet the demand. BA doesn't really have another aircraft to send - F does well so they wouldn't want to send a denser 777 and the A380s are already occupied and it wouldn't be worth pulling any more out of storage for a short period, I imagine it'll calm down after the festive seasons
Old Oct 16, 2021, 12:59 am

Programs: BA Executive club
My husband had a call from BA yesterday to confirm that our flight was to be a VTL flight, and to make sure that we were aware of the requirements.

The outbound however is no longe showing as bookable on ba.com, although it’s still in MMB and still showing on expert flyer. They didn’t mention this on the call (and unfortunately he didn’t know to raise it).
Old Oct 16, 2021, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by sammyg901
They were daily at one point and then they cut them back and changed the days so I wondered if Singapore or Changi are liaising with the airlines to keep capacity under the 3000 VTL arrival limit and BA are limited by this. Air France have added (converted?) an extra flight to VTL around then as well to help meet the demand. BA doesn't really have another aircraft to send - F does well so they wouldn't want to send a denser 777 and the A380s are already occupied and it wouldn't be worth pulling any more out of storage for a short period, I imagine it'll calm down after the festive seasons
BA11 is scheduled to be a 380 from late March and they'll be going back to two flights a day then.

I noticed that there were very few economy seats on BA11 in January and February after the VTL was announced, but before BA confirmed that all BA11 will be VTL flights. SQ have three flights a day from London, though only the morning one is a VTL flight though that switched to A380 metal a couple of days ago. Its surprising BA hasn't gone back to daily flights.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 5:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I’m contemplating taking the BA11 on Christmas Eve, but all fare buckets are currently zeroed out according to EF…
Old Oct 16, 2021, 6:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Looks like you have to wait until April to get a decent J fare.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 8:03 am
formerly JackDann

I'm looking at SIN as an option for my travel to Thailand in January - Unfortunately i'd need to clear immigration in Singapore and then check-in for my onward flight to Phuket or Bangkok. I've had a read about this but i'm still not completely clear on the requirements. Is this just a stupid idea of mine?
Old Oct 17, 2021, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by JackDann
I'm looking at SIN as an option for my travel to Thailand in January - Unfortunately i'd need to clear immigration in Singapore and then check-in for my onward flight to Phuket or Bangkok. I've had a read about this but i'm still not completely clear on the requirements. Is this just a stupid idea of mine?
IMO, it's not a sensible idea as Singapore doesn't allow transfers on separate tickets.
Even though UK -> Singapore -> Thailand might be possible the opposite isn't so if I were you I would have transferred at a country which doesn't have any issues with transfers and I would have kept all flights in a single ticket to be safe.
The _Banking_Scot and JD1905 like this.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 8:21 am
formerly JackDann

Good point re the return - A real shame as there was a good deal available to travel in First, which would have been great to get off the bucket list.

I don't think there is a simple way of doing it unfortunately and completely agree that getting everything on one ticket is ideal (Unfortunately not able to do so from Singapore to Thailand)
Old Oct 17, 2021, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by JackDann
As far as I know BA passengers can transfer onto Scoot flights. This may assist, though is for SQ flights:

https://www.flyscoot.com/en/announce...ough-singapore

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.