Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) to Singapore.

Old Oct 9, 21, 1:54 am
Original Poster

Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) to Singapore.

Singapore will be open up to vaccinated travels from UK from 19/oct.

BA will be operating some flights as VTL (vaccinated travel lane) flights together with SQ , ie anyone onboard must be fully vaccinated.

However, so far no details on when BA will start operate the VTL flight.

Travellers need to be apply for vaccinated travel pass (VTP)

and good news is that Singapore have cut down on the number of PCR test required from 4 to 2. (Ie pre-departure and on arrival)

only have to isolate at their booked accommodation until receipt of negative results for on-arrival test

so far, based on current experience, most travellers will get the PCR results in 4-6 hours

https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/vtl/re...ts-and-process
Old Oct 9, 21, 2:49 am

Programs: Eurostar CB, HH D, IHG Spire, Easyjet Fight Club, Ryanair...oh, wait.
Good progress but a long way to go

The SIA website went down a few minutes after the announcement, obviously they jacked the prices up before bringing it back up.

Any info on which BA flights will be VTL? Really want to book for a Christmas return home.
SP172009 likes this.
Old Oct 9, 21, 4:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Fingers crossed that BA will be operating VTL flights to SIN from the 19th… currently have BA11 booked for the 21st but won’t be able to travel unless that becomes a VTL flight. Why would BA not offer this as soon as possible, unless they are somehow not able to sort out the admin in time? Otherwise they would be kissing revenue goodbye for no reason on one of their most lucrative routes?
Old Oct 9, 21, 4:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
What happens if you test positive on arrival. Can you hotel quarantine?
Old Oct 9, 21, 5:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, FB Gold, *G, Hilton Diamond, Just Eat Platinum For Life
This is very good news. I was beginning to worry that I would have to change my bio to just LON & Peckham a month or so ago.
AmaaiZeg likes this.
Old Oct 9, 21, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Very good news. Taking about 9 days off in late November and looking for places to go ( considering Dubai -Expo, Berlin, US ( if it opens) but love Singapore ( lots of hotels showing sold out currently ie Conrad, Several marriotts etc)

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 9, 21, 5:17 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, IHG Platinum Elite, Qatar Privilege Club
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot View Post
Hi,

Very good news. Taking about 9 days off in late November and looking for places to go ( considering Dubai -Expo, Berlin, US ( if it opens) but love Singapore ( lots of hotels showing sold out currently ie Conrad, Several marriotts etc)

Regards

TBS
I was set to go to Singapore next month but BA changed the flight dates so I cancelled. Is it really worth jumping through all the hoops for a week's visit? I'm not sure it is, so I'm off to Dubai in January. I'll look at SIN again in about March.
Old Oct 9, 21, 5:33 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Hi,

( lots of hotels showing sold out currently ie Conrad, Several marriotts etc)

TBS
Most likely, because they are closed or only partially open.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Oct 9, 21, 5:39 am

Programs: Eurostar CB, HH D, IHG Spire, Easyjet Fight Club, Ryanair...oh, wait.
Hi,

Regards

TBS
I wouldn't bother visiting Singapore at the moment, restrictions on activities are ridiculous - upto and including no music in restaurants because of the fear that people will talk more loudly and that will "encourage the spread of covid droplets". This is not a joke.

Those hotels are sold out because they're dedicated quarantine facilities for arrivals from non-VTL/non-home quarantine countries.
Old Oct 9, 21, 5:42 am

Programs: BAEC
I can understand this is good news for anyone who has needed to travel to or via SIN and not been able to. It’s particularly difficult to be separated from family so that’s a bonus for anyone in that situation.
Some business travellers will also see the effort as very worthwhile after all this time but holidaymakers? Really? If it was my preferred destination I’d certainly wait until things were a little less onerous. Others may have a different view.
Old Oct 9, 21, 6:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Ladyfliestheredwhiteandblues View Post
I can understand this is good news for anyone who has needed to travel to or via SIN and not been able to. Its particularly difficult to be separated from family so thats a bonus for anyone in that situation.
Some business travellers will also see the effort as very worthwhile after all this time but holidaymakers? Really? If it was my preferred destination Id certainly wait until things were a little less onerous. Others may have a different view.
What are the onerous aspects? Considering a switch from YVR for later this year and weighing up options..
Old Oct 9, 21, 6:19 am

Programs: BAEC
From the OP:
Originally Posted by sbs2716g View Post

Travellers need to be apply for vaccinated travel pass (VTP)

and good news is that Singapore have cut down on the number of PCR test required from 4 to 2. (Ie pre-departure and on arrival)

only have to isolate at their booked accommodation until receipt of negative results for on-arrival test

https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/vtl/re...ts-and-process
Id prefer not to but, as I said, I know others may have a different view.
Also much is still closed and very restricted in Singapore.
Old Oct 9, 21, 6:40 am

Programs: BA GGL
Oh, glory days. As someone who is relocating to Singapore permanently in December, this is just fantastic news for a Saturday morning. Hopefully BA will open up as a VTL flight as I might finally be able to make use of one of the upgrade vouchers accumulating dust in my account.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Oct 9, 21, 6:41 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Malaysia should be opening up by the end of the year too. With family there, it'll be a relief to see things moving, though I'm booked for Easter and see no reason to pull that forward just now.
AmaaiZeg likes this.
Old Oct 9, 21, 7:11 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Singapore is a nice enough place but I would have a hard time justifying going there and there only. Typically I would hit a few places on top of Singapore as a part of a trip to SE Asia.
PbodyPhoto likes this.

Search this Thread