Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bloomberg Reporting USA to open

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2021, 2:55 pm

Programs: BAEC
I really do look forward to the day when these speculation threads on the US opening are confirmed and then buried! I’ll certainly celebrate.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I’m watching with interest. Currently taking my daughter to New York for a week as her surprise 21st birthday treat. Supposedly flying on 1st Nov…
Old Oct 15, 2021, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by Tredders
I’m watching with interest. Currently taking my daughter to New York for a week as her surprise 21st birthday treat. Supposedly flying on 1st Nov…
Well you can't get more beginning of November than that!
Old Oct 15, 2021, 2:43 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Well you can't get more beginning of November than that!
I know - talking about cutting it fine! Unfortunately it was the only week my daughter could get off work. I guess if the travel channels aren't open, I'll move it to Christmas, but fingers crossed in the meantime.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 6:05 am

US set to lift UK travel ban on November 8

Exclusive: Joe Biden is understood to be eyeing the early November date for restarting transatlantic travel
By Charles Hymas, Home Affairs Editor 15 October 2021 • 11:39am
The President is understood to be eyeing November 8 as the restart date for travel that has been in deep freeze since Donald Trump imposed the ban at the start of the pandemic last year.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...ly-next-month/
Old Oct 15, 2021, 7:01 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Now confirmed by the White House.....8 November, acc to Jennifer Jacobs at Bloomberg
Old Oct 15, 2021, 7:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, FB Gold, *G, Hilton Diamond, Just Eat Platinum For Life
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
US set to lift UK travel ban on November 8

Exclusive: Joe Biden is understood to be eyeing the early November date for restarting transatlantic travel
By Charles Hymas, Home Affairs Editor 15 October 2021 • 11:39am
The President is understood to be eyeing November 8 as the restart date for travel that has been in deep freeze since Donald Trump imposed the ban at the start of the pandemic last year.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...ly-next-month/
Multiple US orgs now saying Nov 8 too. Good news.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 7:09 am

Programs: BAEC
Official Announcement to be made - Restart 8th Nov

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/exc...al-2021-10-15/

WASHINGTON, Oct 15 (Reuters) - The White House will announce on Friday it will lift travel restrictions for fully vaccinated foreign nationals effective Nov. 8, at land borders and for air travel, a White House official said.

Curbs on non-essential travelers at land borders have been in place since March 2020 to address the COVID-19 pandemic and were first imposed on air travelers in China in early 2020 and extended to more than 30 other countries.

The White House announced Tuesday it would lift restrictions at its land borders and ferry crossings with Canada and Mexico for fully vaccinated foreign nationals in early November. They are similar but not identical to requirements announced last month for international air travelers.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 7:13 am

Programs: BA Silver, for now at least...
Originally Posted by Professor Yaffle
I reckoned on 8 Nov from the beginning, and am sticking with that. Reckon this will get confirmed by the weekend, based on the uptick in chatter overnight (so no science behind this, but going with gut, as all good gamblers do!)
Nostradamus
Old Oct 15, 2021, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Nostradamus

quick

Buy a euro millions ticket and a lotto ticket!

Regards

Tbs
wrp96 likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 7:28 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Does anyone have any insight into how the BA "ramp up" is going to look?

I assume we can see more rotations being added to JFK, LAX, ORD, MIA almost immediately but what of the other destinations? I think SAN has resumed. What about SJC? There are many more newer routes that were launched in the years before the pandemic. Will they return? Nashville? What of Portland, OR?
Old Oct 15, 2021, 8:04 am

Programs: BA GGL
I reckoned on 8 Nov from the beginning, and am sticking with that. Reckon this will get confirmed by the weekend, based on the uptick in chatter overnight (so no science behind this, but going with gut, as all good gamblers do!)
Could you DM me tonight's Euromillions numbers please? Ta!
Old Oct 15, 2021, 8:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Sadly, my long-awaited flight in F to Miami, is on November 7. Of course, I cannot get through on the BA number to change my BA holidays booking and wonder what I can do for the best. I’ve sent them a DM on Twitter hoping that they’ll get back to me.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
Does anyone have any insight into how the BA "ramp up" is going to look?

I assume we can see more rotations being added to JFK, LAX, ORD, MIA almost immediately but what of the other destinations? I think SAN has resumed. What about SJC? There are many more newer routes that were launched in the years before the pandemic. Will they return? Nashville? What of Portland, OR?
I wouldn't imagine that they will go big bang and send lots of frames to the US immediately, my guess is that there still may be some hesitation for people to go to the US considering the covid rates in some states. I also don't think there are enough aircraft to ramp up to a full US service anywhere near the schedule it was pre-2020 otherwise they may have to install Pinnacle seats into any 744 they can get started at St Athan.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 8:27 am

I see that VS have just confirmed that they will restart LHR to MCO and LAS from 8th November, so we await some announcement from BA.
mikeyfly likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.