Wiki Posts
Search

Verifying COVID travel docs

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2021, 3:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Verifying COVID travel docs

We uploaded our travel docs (1x Greece PLF, 2x proof of vaccination) yesterday morning for a flight tomorrow morning. The tracking link is just blank when I put the ID and PNR in, and although it asked me to check-in online, it won't actually let me - classic BA IT.

What are people's experiences of the verification process? Should I be worried yet?
Old Sep 2, 2021, 3:23 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by jackcarr
We uploaded our travel docs (1x Greece PLF, 2x proof of vaccination) yesterday morning for a flight tomorrow morning. The tracking link is just blank when I put the ID and PNR in, and although it asked me to check-in online, it won't actually let me - classic BA IT.

What are people's experiences of the verification process? Should I be worried yet?
This thread may help you.

VeriFLY experiences
Old Sep 2, 2021, 6:01 am
Original Poster

I have no idea what VeriFLY is! The reviews appear to be overwhelmingly terrible when Googling though. I'm just talking about uploading docs through MMB.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 7:56 am

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
OP is talking about something other than VeriFLY. There's a different thread related to the document upload function via MMB, although I haven't yet succeeded in locating it. The general view as I recall (and my own experience using this recently for a flight to Spain) is that it does work, but with unpredictable processing times. I think I uploaded my docs at around t-48 hours and the system didn't approve them until well within the 24-hour OLCI window. You'll be stuck until then if you don't have status and were waiting for OLCI to do free seat selection.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 8:02 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by jackcarr
I have no idea what VeriFLY is! The reviews appear to be overwhelmingly terrible when Googling though. I'm just talking about uploading docs through MMB.
Apologies : is this any better?
BA preflight document upload
Old Sep 2, 2021, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Apologies : is this any better?
BA preflight document upload
Thank you! I did search but couldn't find it.

It's just been approved so all good for tomorrow!
Tobias-UK, gcuk and mikeyfly like this.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 7:00 pm

Maybe someone can clarify. Do you get a choice to use either VeriFLY or MMB doc upload, or is it dependent upon route (i.e. USA vs Europe)? Also what documents are needed to permit OLCI, is it only negative test and proof of vaccination, or is the PLF also required?
Old Sep 3, 2021, 1:18 am

In my experience, outbound from UK [to Europe] prompts for MMB doc upload. VeriFLY not available.

Inbound, MMB upload not available. No prompt, but can use VeriFLY if flight is loaded.

PLF is needed in VeriFLY for inbound. Alternative would be for vaccination status, test result, and PLF to be checked at airport.
mguinness likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 9:54 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
I ended up between a rock and a hard place. The relevant flights on my itinerary are DFW-LHR-ALC. I tried Verifly but outbound to Spain on BA is not supported and if I opt for AA, as my TATL is on AA to LHR, it pukes as it expects me to fly direct from the US to Spain. I figured that I would at least add a trip to the UK to get the COVID test and UK PLF accepted, but that crashes and burns as Verifly expects me to provide a 2 day test reference number (I’m in the UK for 2.5hrs) and there is no way to tell Verifly that I’m exempt from the 2 day test.

I figured that I would try my luck with the MMB link. I actually got 2 windows to pop up, so I entered details to the UK and details to Spain. I ended up with two tracking numbers and one of them came back with 4 green check marks and I was invited to check in online. My first flight (and second flight) is AA metal, so I was directed to check in with AA and of course they knew nothing about the MMB doc check, so OLCI is not available.

I guess I’ll have to get to SAN nice and early tomorrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.