Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Does the call center disconnect after 1 hour?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2021, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Called a couple of times from the US number... both times disconnected after being on hold for exactly 1h. No callback option.

Should I try early morning just when they open?

Thanks
Old Aug 31, 2021, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

There have been lots of reports of this happening ( I have been lucky to date with no need to call yet)

Mornings do seem to be best.

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 31, 2021, 11:34 am

Yes. I got disconnected 3 times after exactly one hour hold yesterday. Today I got connected to an agent at 58 minutes, phew! US number.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
I have been disconnected several times after holding on the phone line for exactly an hour. However if I call the US number after 8pm UK time then I get through within 20 to 45 minutes. Apparently the UK call center closes at 8pm UK time but they must route the US number through to some UK based agents because I have spoken to them between 10pm to 11pm in the UK, and the agents have been talking about how it is very late at night for them. I am physically located in the US and using the US number.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 1:24 pm

I did a 140-minute (!!!) call the other day and it didn't disconnect.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 1:31 pm

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
I thought it had been established that it’s not BA that disconnects you after an hour, but your mobile network.

Try using a landline (or I think someone said in another thread Vodafone doesn’t do it).
mikeyfly and Truthmonkey like this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Vodafone goes beyond the one hour without issue! Which is needed on BAH! Another recent thread here

British Airways Disconnecting Call at 1 HOUR WAIT Timeframe!
Old Aug 31, 2021, 4:26 pm

As a Vodafone user mine cuts off around 1hour on hold. Recently I was passed between 6 agents and the cumulative hold time cut me off when the 6th agent put me back on hold to check something out. Thankfully she called me back!
Old Aug 31, 2021, 4:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
I just use the 020 geographic number (unlimited minutes on my phone) for the Gold line these days and it doesn't seem to cut off.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 1:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Last week I called from a land line and it took quite a long time to process a full refund for one flight and book another using an FTV. The phone cut off just as I was thanking the agent. I assumed it was my fault and that I had accidentally pressed a button on the handset. The agent called back shortly afterwards and told me that calls automatically cut off after one hour. He suggested that if I ever have a very long wait time before getting connected to an agent, I should keep an eye on the time and ask them to call me back if I am approaching the 1 hour cut-off.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 2:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Miles & More Silver, Privilege Club Silver
Was on hold for over an hour on a land line last week got through then spent some time re-arranging a booking,, battery on my phone ran out first, luckily have another phone on that number. Great service from a Newcastle agent
WickedStepMother likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 5:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by pmramsay
Thankfully she called me back!
This should absolutely be at the top of the list - if the call drops for any reason, the customer should be called back. There have been a few instances where I've been cut off, and having to call back through - even though you may have been half way through something - is ridiculous.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.