Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2021, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pilot37
Fleet line-up and aircraft operational status

Airbus A380-800
Active (14F/Prime A380): G-XLEA G-XLEB G-XLEC G-XLED G-XLEE G-XLEF G-XLEG G-XLEH G-XLEI G-XLEJ G-XLEK G-XLEL

Boeing 777-200ER
Active:
77M (8F/Prime 2010): G-RAES G-VIIA G-VIIB G-VIIC G-VIID G-VIIE G-VIIF G-VIIG G-VIIH G-VIIJ G-VIIK G-VIIL G-VIIM G-VIIN G-VIIS
77R (14F/Prime 2010):G-VIIY G-VIIV G-VIIW

Boeing 777-300ER
Active:
77G (14F/Prime 2010): G-STBB G-STBC G-STBI
77H (8F/Prime 2020): G-STBA G-STBD G-STBE G-STBF G-STBG G-STBH G-STBJ G-STBK G-STBL G-STBM G-STBN G-STBO G-STBP

Boeing 787
Active:
789 (8F/Prime 787): G-ZBKA G-ZBKB G-ZBKC G-ZBKD G-ZBKE G-ZBKF G-ZBKG G-ZBKH G-ZBKI G-ZBKJ G-ZBKK G-ZBKL G-ZBKM G-ZBKN G-ZBKO G-ZBKP G-ZBKR G-ZBKS
78K (8F/Prime 787): G-ZBLA G-ZBLB G-ZBLC G-ZBLD G-ZBLE G-ZBLF G-ZBLG

Print Wikipost

BA First cabin and seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2021, 9:41 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by robertf999
Now that some normality is returning and I finally have some long-haul travel booked again a handful of questions about the 8-seat F cabin, specifically as fitted to the B777-300. In no particular order:

- have the electric window blinds been enhanced away?
- is buddy dining still possible in the new suite?
- if booked in the E/F seats, how easy is it to have a conversation with your travel companion?

Thanks as always. It's good to be back
1) The 4 new B77W's delivered last year didn't have the electric blinds on arrival, 2 have now had them fitted, G-STBP is in Cardiff right now getting them fitted and the final one (not sure on Reg, possibly STBO), will get them by the end of the month.
2) Not really possible as the new TV screen is fixed in the open position (but is a great screen!), so the 'buddy' would be squeezed in with a TV sticking into their back!
3) Reasonably - there is a divider, but you can chat with it in the open position.

Pilot37
Tobias-UK and robertf999 like this.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 4:33 am
formerly JackDann

I just booked BA 11/12 for January and it appears to be the old 2010 First Class.

It'll be my first time flying First, I tried to find some pictures of the middle seats as we're travelling as a couple and I couldn't seem to find many, the ones I did see IMO the cabin does look pretty dated. What are peoples opinion on this old F product, i'm hoping i've not made the wrong decision!
Old Oct 19, 2021, 4:40 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by JackDann
I just booked BA 11/12 for January and it appears to be the old 2010 First Class.

It'll be my first time flying First, I tried to find some pictures of the middle seats as we're travelling as a couple and I couldn't seem to find many, the ones I did see IMO the cabin does look pretty dated. What are peoples opinion on this old F product, i'm hoping i've not made the wrong decision!
It’s no worse, indeed better in a fair few ways.

If it was all beige you may have stumbled across the now long gone Old Old First
Old Oct 20, 2021, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by JackDann

Its not old - just maybe not as new as that in new aircraft types. A number of comments about the 787-9 First and wear on the seats might imply the older seats are better!
Notwithstanding that, all the First seats are pretty similar and all comfortable and with First service, comfortable sleeping with duvets etc, so please don't worry.
I enjoy First , its well above Club, so enjoy your flight and your trip.
Grande Annee likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 4:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IB+, LATAM PASS, ACCOR
F SCL-LHR

Looking forward to my first ever flight in F from Santiago, Chile to LHR on 12 December.
Unfortunately, due all the COVID shenanigans, my flight was changed and cancelled several times. I originally managed to grab 2K, but 1A and 1K were always blocked, according to ExpertFlyer. Not that important, since I was mainly worried about getting a window seat.
When I eventually managed to get through to customer service (had to call Australia!) to change my flights, after the change in the UK's travel restrictions allowing me to travel, I booked the first available flight after my original travel date. When I asked the agent to keep my original seat, he replied, much to my dismay, that the window seats were all taken, with the exception of 1A, which was blocked. He kindly made a note in my booking that I had requested a window and informed me that I could only be given that seat upon check-in at the airport.
JUST wondering if the FT collective nous might be able to shed some light on the matter...
Would this be unblocked for Gold or above (I'm Silver)?
Old Oct 20, 2021, 5:58 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
1A is indeed reserved for Gold and above status passengers. If not allocated, then it should open up around 3 days before the departure and can be reserved by anyone in the cabin
chilglish likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 8:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IB+, LATAM PASS, ACCOR
Originally Posted by Reetmafreen
1A is indeed reserved for Gold and above status passengers. If not allocated, then it should open up around 3 days before the departure and can be reserved by anyone in the cabin
Thanks for your help! Have set an alert on EF to let me know when/if it becomes available...
Old Nov 5, 2021, 2:32 am

Programs: BA Executive club
hi all. After a flight cancellation and rebooking, I have the following choice of seats for an upcoming BA11 to Singapore, which looks like a 77G. I have only experienced first on the b787, which obviously has less seats and a newer cabin.

Any advice for a couple? Should we take the centre pair at the back, or 3/4K?

Old Nov 5, 2021, 1:14 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
I'd say centre pair so you can talk to each other.
I think there are buddy seats in this cabin too, so you can dine together if you wish to.
Chrisnichols likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 2:16 pm

I would prioritize whatever licks your lollypop. If you like a window seat, 3 / 4K win. If you like talking to the Mrs (or she likes talking to you - which is my usual operating procedure) then the middle seats win.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 2:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Just spoken with mrs endo as we are next booked in F on a 787-10 and currently had 2EF . She says I never talk to her on a plane anyway and just put my headphones on, so once our status updates we will switch to 1A and 2A so I can look out of the window. Can't say I didn't ask her....
Genius1 and Klrduks like this.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 2:30 am

Originally Posted by camdentown
I'd say centre pair so you can talk to each other.
I think there are buddy seats in this cabin too, so you can dine together if you wish to.
Originally Posted by Phlyer2
I would prioritize whatever licks your lollypop. If you like a window seat, 3 / 4K win. If you like talking to the Mrs (or she likes talking to you - which is my usual operating procedure) then the middle seats win.
thanks both. I’ve gone for 3/4K, and we’ll move forward if anything else opens up. I was slightly apprehensive about any noise/disturbance in 4K as it’s near the toilets, so I’m just hoping this won’t be too much of an issue. I didn’t realise about the buddy seat, so that us swung it - me and my husband can dine together and have a chat then, but still have a window :-)
Old Nov 11, 2021, 1:43 pm

BA0175 and BA0182

I’m flying in First for an upcoming trip from LHR to JFK on the 30th of November. Just wondering and hoping someone could advise me on what first seat I will be getting?

The photos on the BA first class webpage seem to show a new style seat, yet reports and photos online show a few variations.

Any help/advice would be grateful.

Thanks
Old Nov 11, 2021, 4:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Originally Posted by Chrisnichols
thanks both. I’ve gone for 3/4K, and we’ll move forward if anything else opens up. I was slightly apprehensive about any noise/disturbance in 4K as it’s near the toilets, so I’m just hoping this won’t be too much of an issue. I didn’t realise about the buddy seat, so that us swung it - me and my husband can dine together and have a chat then, but still have a window :-)
This is the correct choice and IMO the window seats are far superior to the centre pair. You can buddy dine and drink whenever you wish and both still have a view of the planet from several miles up. Why anyone would fly and consciously choose not to avail of this and sit in a dreary middle seat is utterly beyond my comprehension.

I wouldn't be apprehensive about the noise - there is a thick curtain and more distance than you think. Row 1 is 'worse' than row 4 - you are staring right into the galley at time and the curtain is often left open during busier service periods with the flourescent light in your face. Be content with your 3/4K seats and enjoy the flight
S_W_S and Chrisnichols like this.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by noFODplease
This is the correct choice and IMO the window seats are far superior to the centre pair. You can buddy dine and drink whenever you wish and both still have a view of the planet from several miles up. Why anyone would fly and consciously choose not to avail of this and sit in a dreary middle seat is utterly beyond my comprehension.

I wouldn't be apprehensive about the noise - there is a thick curtain and more distance than you think. Row 1 is 'worse' than row 4 - you are staring right into the galley at time and the curtain is often left open during busier service periods with the flourescent light in your face. Be content with your 3/4K seats and enjoy the flight

Thats great, thank you. Really looking forward to our first long haul trip in almost 2 years 😄 Now just to sort out our hotel with BA Holidays as the one we have booked is closed for the rest of the year!
noFODplease likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.