Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2021, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pilot37
Fleet line-up and aircraft operational status

Airbus A380-800
Active (14F/Prime A380): G-XLEA G-XLEB G-XLEC G-XLED G-XLEE G-XLEF G-XLEG G-XLEH G-XLEI G-XLEJ G-XLEK G-XLEL

Boeing 777-200ER
Active:
77M (8F/Prime 2010): G-RAES G-VIIA G-VIIB G-VIIC G-VIID G-VIIE G-VIIF G-VIIG G-VIIH G-VIIJ G-VIIK G-VIIL G-VIIM G-VIIN G-VIIS
77R (14F/Prime 2010):G-VIIY G-VIIV G-VIIW

Boeing 777-300ER
Active:
77G (14F/Prime 2010): G-STBB G-STBC G-STBI
77H (8F/Prime 2020): G-STBA G-STBD G-STBE G-STBF G-STBG G-STBH G-STBJ G-STBK G-STBL G-STBM G-STBN G-STBO G-STBP

Boeing 787
Active:
789 (8F/Prime 787): G-ZBKA G-ZBKB G-ZBKC G-ZBKD G-ZBKE G-ZBKF G-ZBKG G-ZBKH G-ZBKI G-ZBKJ G-ZBKK G-ZBKL G-ZBKM G-ZBKN G-ZBKO G-ZBKP G-ZBKR G-ZBKS
78K (8F/Prime 787): G-ZBLA G-ZBLB G-ZBLC G-ZBLD G-ZBLE G-ZBLF G-ZBLG

Print Wikipost

BA First cabin and seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2024, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If there is a baby booked into the cabin, you'll be moved from 2F to accommodate it.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Actually I dont think you would be moved if you took 2F but it wouldnt stop a baby being booked elsewhere in the cabin.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 4:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
If there is a baby booked into the cabin, you'll be moved from 2F to accommodate it.
Now that would be unfortunate!

Redemption availability in F seems very rare nowadays.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 4:50 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Actually I dont think you would be moved if you took 2F but it wouldnt stop a baby being booked elsewhere in the cabin.
Can confirm as someone who has flown with both his infants in the small F cabin that if I am to request 2F (or its offered) for a bassinet and the seat is taken, you will be kicked out - caveat, on the day of travel only and by airport control. GGL/You First unable to do in advance.

Can also confirm you can book an infant seat in the F cabin and not request 2F.

So you may find a baby elsewhere in the cabin!
Old Apr 27, 2024, 5:17 am

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by travelwithross
Can confirm as someone who has flown with both his infants in the small F cabin that if I am to request 2F (or its offered) for a bassinet and the seat is taken, you will be kicked out - caveat, on the day of travel only and by airport control. GGL/You First unable to do in advance.

Can also confirm you can book an infant seat in the F cabin and not request 2F.

So you may find a baby elsewhere in the cabin!
Yes I know that does happen but I think the reason you cannot do it in advance is that often 2E/F will be booked by a couple, usually after 1E/F is taken so there is no other sit together option and with the new F seats buddy dining is not an option or get around so you end up splitting a couple. This needs handling and usually Concorde Team would do this in the lounge especially if high status passengers are being moved (because in general they expect not to be moved unless a seat is broken) and they are likely to be underwhelmed, no matter how much online it indicates it is the baby bassinet seat etc.
FD.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by botham
What concerns me is if there is a baby in the small F cabin, the flight could be quite disturbed.
maybe take some noise cancelling headphones and accept we were all babies at some point in life?

Last edited by aks120; Apr 27, 2024 at 5:41 am Reason: Deleted comment per FT Rule 12
Old Apr 27, 2024, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by Dashed
maybe take some noise cancelling headphones and accept we were all babies at some point in life?
I havent grown up.
Can I help you and 86BA7 like this.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 8:01 am
formerly JackDann

Ive booked 1A and my partner in 2A (F) - flown enough in the middle seats to realise that we dont actually talk during the flight and rather a window seat.

Im currently Gold, but only for 2 more days - I know that on some flights if your status expires you can get shifted from your seat, will this happen in First?
Old Apr 27, 2024, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by JD1905
Ive booked 1A and my partner in 2A (F) - flown enough in the middle seats to realise that we dont actually talk during the flight and rather a window seat.

Im currently Gold, but only for 2 more days - I know that on some flights if your status expires you can get shifted from your seat, will this happen in First?
i was gold a year ago and soon I will be bronze, but as next years flights will be mostly revenue based, as opposed to all this years on Avios, I should get back to Silver, but I doubt Ill ever get back to gold.

sorry cant help with your question about being bumped.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 8:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

You might be moved and from previous threads on this I've seen over the years, sometimes sticks, sometimes not. If there's any changes to your booking etc.

Hopefully it'll stick!
Old Apr 27, 2024, 12:06 pm

My partner went back down to silver a week before flying to Santiago in First but retained their place in 1A.
Old May 17, 2024, 6:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Hi all - flying first next week with Mrs Obduro. LHR - NYC 777 with 8F and we have been given 2F and 2K. YouFirst tell me the flight is full and this is backed up by the fact no more tickets are on sale.

We are working on the basis we will chat across the aisle (first world problems) but whats the best way to explore whether my new friend in 2E might be willing to swap to a window seat?
Old May 17, 2024, 11:00 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Ask, expect a no, and accept it in good humor.

LcS
gustavmahler and KARFA like this.
Old May 17, 2024, 10:36 pm

Programs: aa exp, ihg plat amb
I am flying solo LHR to Chicago in First for the first time. The seats available are 2K(window) and 1E/F
Would 1E almost be better as far as getting first meal choice? And maybe since 2K is across from 2F with an occupied bassinet seat.
Is there enough privacy between 1E and 1F?
Old May 18, 2024, 12:15 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by aaliz
I am flying solo LHR to Chicago in First for the first time. The seats available are 2K(window) and 1E/F
Would 1E almost be better as far as getting first meal choice? And maybe since 2K is across from 2F with an occupied bassinet seat.
Is there enough privacy between 1E and 1F?
Personally Id take 2K. Why? It is rare to have a bassinet occupied in F and if you do its such a small cabin that location doesnt really make much of a difference. I also like to be able to control the window blinds, especially on a day flight where there is a tendency for people to close them, plunging the cabin into darkness.

The privacy divider between 1E and 1F is fine but I dont see any real advantage to taking either of these. Meal choices are prioritised based on your status, not seat location.
gustavmahler likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.