Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2021, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pilot37
Fleet line-up and aircraft operational status

Airbus A380-800
Active (14F/Prime A380): G-XLEA G-XLEB G-XLEC G-XLED G-XLEE G-XLEF G-XLEG G-XLEH G-XLEI G-XLEJ G-XLEK G-XLEL

Boeing 777-200ER
Active:
77M (8F/Prime 2010): G-RAES G-VIIA G-VIIB G-VIIC G-VIID G-VIIE G-VIIF G-VIIG G-VIIH G-VIIJ G-VIIK G-VIIL G-VIIM G-VIIN G-VIIS
77R (14F/Prime 2010):G-VIIY G-VIIV G-VIIW

Boeing 777-300ER
Active:
77G (14F/Prime 2010): G-STBB G-STBC G-STBI
77H (8F/Prime 2020): G-STBA G-STBD G-STBE G-STBF G-STBG G-STBH G-STBJ G-STBK G-STBL G-STBM G-STBN G-STBO G-STBP

Boeing 787
Active:
789 (8F/Prime 787): G-ZBKA G-ZBKB G-ZBKC G-ZBKD G-ZBKE G-ZBKF G-ZBKG G-ZBKH G-ZBKI G-ZBKJ G-ZBKK G-ZBKL G-ZBKM G-ZBKN G-ZBKO G-ZBKP G-ZBKR G-ZBKS
78K (8F/Prime 787): G-ZBLA G-ZBLB G-ZBLC G-ZBLD G-ZBLE G-ZBLF G-ZBLG

Print Wikipost

BA First cabin and seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2023, 9:55 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Pilot37
JFK / LAX are the 2 main routes with almost guaranteed B77W service.
San Fran / Houston & Boston seem to be the next inline to get B77W service - but not every flight. I would check EF ahead of time to see what is scheduled on your desired days to confirm the aircraft type operating it. Obviously it is not always a 100% guarantee on any route - but with 11 x B77W’s and 5 x B777-300ER’s - you would be unlucky on a JFK or LAX route to get the older models these days.

Pilot37
How about the 777-200 with 8F: does this version have the new F suite with privacy door or the old F seats?
Old Jul 28, 2023, 12:38 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
How about the 777-200 with 8F: does this version have the new F suite with privacy door or the old F seats?
All the B777-200ER’s with F retain the older style F seat. They just reduced the number of them from 14 to 8 when CS was installed - but the seat remained the same with no door added.

Pilot37
NA-Flyer likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 5:06 am

Wrong section! Delete as appropriate!
Old Nov 4, 2023, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by PETER01
Yes. As a OWE you should be able to select row 1 (if available/free) assuming you enter your FF number in the booking.
My impression is that row 1 on all BA flights is blocked out until around day of departure. I am OW Emerald and can never select these seats be it in First, Club World or Club Europe.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
My impression is that row 1 on all BA flights is blocked out until around day of departure. I am OW Emerald and can never select these seats be it in First, Club World or Club Europe.
Hi,

That is weird.
I am BA Gold ( OWE) and can select row 1 on short haul at time of booking ( also got F row 1 at booking for my flight to HND next month)

Regards

TBS
Grande Annee likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 1:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Yes, row 1 is always shown, if available, on SH and LH flights as OWE.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 3:57 pm

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Agreed, of the eight BA F segments I've done in the past six months, I've always been able to select row 1 as BA Gold, although I got bumped to row 2 oncw when my reserved seat went u/s.

Presumably you are OWE but not through BA? A call to You First should rectify.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 4:07 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
Recent experience from a new BAEC member. Just booked a R/T SEA-FCO in F/J. During the online booking process I found the return LHR-SEA on the 777-200 with all 8 seats unavailable. I called the BA number on the Chase BA CC and the agent was able to complete the booking over the phone and provide me with 1K on that return. I consider this outstanding service and exceeds expectation considering I am a new Blue member looking to climb the tiers over the next few months.

Cheers,

-Cyborg
Old Nov 5, 2023, 8:06 pm

Before I call YouFirst, can anyone tell me if seat 1A on a A380 is an undesirable seat? I see the stairs going to the upper deck are nearby. Does that make 1A undesirable? I like being as far forward as possible but avoiding problem seats. Also, we have 2 flights (in the same booking) in CE and would like to have seats in the first row on those flights. Despite being OW Emerald (via AA) I can't select those seats online. Do you think YouFirst would be willing to help with that request? Thanks for any advice.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 3:56 am

Programs: BA Gold4life, ICH RA, Hyatt Gold and others
Before I call YouFirst, can anyone tell me if seat 1A on a A380 is an undesirable seat? I see the stairs going to the upper deck are nearby. Does that make 1A undesirable? I like being as far forward as possible but avoiding problem seats. Also, we have 2 flights (in the same booking) in CE and would like to have seats in the first row on those flights. Despite being OW Emerald (via AA) I can't select those seats online. Do you think YouFirst would be willing to help with that request? Thanks for any advice.
The stairs arenot n issue - other than occasional crew there is no traffic between levels.
1A can suffer from rattling wardrobes/cupboard doors on the aisle adjacent to the seat (slightly forward but across the aisle). But it certainly isnt reason to avoid the seat which otherwise is very private
Howard Long likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 9:15 am

Can any sage F travellers advise whether myself and Mrs t492834 would have a better experience in 3A/4A or 1E/F on the 777-200ER? Aware of the proximous lavatories and galley, potential absence of natural light etc...
Old Nov 17, 2023, 10:01 am

I contacted YouFirst and they have told me that first row seats are only available to BA Gold members. My status as a OW Emerald means nothing.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 6:19 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
I contacted YouFirst and they have told me that first row seats are only available to BA Gold members. My status as a OW Emerald means nothing.
in the past, I’ve been able to select first row seats as an AA OWE. HUCA, unless the rules have indeed changed in the last few years
Old Nov 18, 2023, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by t492834
Can any sage F travellers advise whether myself and Mrs t492834 would have a better experience in 3A/4A or 1E/F on the 777-200ER? Aware of the proximous lavatories and galley, potential absence of natural light etc...
The single aisle seats for a night flight and the middle pair for a day flight.
Old Nov 18, 2023, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Reetmafreen
in the past, I’ve been able to select first row seats as an AA OWE. HUCA, unless the rules have indeed changed in the last few years
Any non-BA OW Emeralds have a recent experience and good luck getting first row?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.