Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2021, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: alexwuk
September 2021 update:

Suspensions of all remaining LGW short haul services further extended to 26 March 2022, with the exception of: one daily MAN-LGW-MAN rotation (BA2509/BA2508) and one daily GLA-LGW-GLA rotation (BA2511/BA2512)

Many LGW short haul routes will continue to operate from LHR in the meantime; exceptions are ALC/CGN/DBV/GOA, which have been suspended until 26th March 2022 ie these destinations will not operated by BA this Winter.

Print Wikipost

BA at Gatwick 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2021, 6:23 pm

Programs: BAEC
So the initial LHR W21slot report shows many exLGW short haul destinations remaining at LHR for the whole winter.

I know it’s not concrete yet, but it’s further evidence that any SH return will probably be S22 (as we’ve all said before).
Old Jun 12, 2021, 4:49 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL, SPG Gold , HHonors Diamond ,Marriott Gold Elite
Question lgw-gla

What is the view about whether this service will start in July?
Old Jun 12, 2021, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by col747uk
What is the view about whether this service will start in July?
hi,

Unless there is an uptick in demand ie more green zones being added i would think there would be little chance of this sorry

Regards
tbs
Old Jun 12, 2021, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by BAeuro
So the initial LHR W21slot report shows many exLGW short haul destinations remaining at LHR for the whole winter.

I know it’s not concrete yet, but it’s further evidence that any SH return will probably be S22 (as we’ve all said before).

are you able to share where you are able to view this information?
Old Jun 12, 2021, 7:25 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Speedbirdsouth
are you able to share where you are able to view this information?
Sure

https://www.acl-uk.org/latest-airport-info/

Latest Airport Info

Find and download updates about coordination and our airports including reports and guidance.
T8191 likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
My Antigua flights in July have just switched to North Terminal - two emails in a row telling me !
T8191 likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
My Antigua flights in July have just switched to North Terminal - two emails in a row telling me !
See my PM .., we may yet fly to ANU from LHR at end-July!
Old Jun 18, 2021, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
We fly out to ANU on 26 June from North and have just had email to say our return on 4 July is now coming into N terminal also. Doesn't matter at all to us, just hope we can into the Aspire Lounge pre flight for some coffee,
Old Jun 18, 2021, 4:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Our November flights were moved S -> N almost as soon as they were booked, but no email received. At one point expected them to move back, but have given up on that and will be pleased just to fly.
endoman likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 2:30 am
gw3

LGW-GLA start date pushed back again to 20 July
Old Jul 16, 2021, 6:05 am

16/8 new (re) start date for LGW-GLA
efincomputer and SxMan like this.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 10:58 am

Programs: Chevalier de la Gallentrie - Knight of the Platinum Hair Brush, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Speedbirdsouth
16/8 new (re) start date for LGW-GLA
Looks like only a single flight each way up to at least the end of this year.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by efincomputer
Looks like only a single flight each way up to at least the end of this year.
IF this route goes ahead it will remain 1x daily I would expect as it’s mainly aimed at feeding US/Caribbean longhauls being a W rotation with an LHR based aircraft and crew.
efincomputer likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 12:21 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by endoman
We fly out to ANU on 26 June from North and have just had email to say our return on 4 July is now coming into N terminal also. Doesn't matter at all to us, just hope we can into the Aspire Lounge pre flight for some coffee,
currently our Antigua flight in August is showing as South, as are all from beginning of August . Mind, I expect it to change.

out if interest, did you get a “clinic” PCR test delivered by a healthcare professional for entry to Antigua? How busy was the airport etc?
Old Jul 17, 2021, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by Tim_T
currently our Antigua flight in August is showing as South, as are all from beginning of August . Mind, I expect it to change.

out if interest, did you get a “clinic” PCR test delivered by a healthcare professional for entry to Antigua? How busy was the airport etc?
We had our PCR done by Collinson at East Mids for the way out. The cert was signed by a medic, not a clue about the person doing the test. ANU airport not busy at all, but we were first off the plane. Quick look at our tests and that was it. From wheels down to arriving in the resort was under an hour. Out of the airport in way under 30 mins with checked baggage.
Tim_T and LancashireFlyer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.