Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2021, 4:20 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
Wondering the same: has this been pulled?
Yes, 24 hours ago.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 5:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Billing address is a US thing and if the card is not a US card, the system wouldn't verify if the address you entered matches with the card details. If it's a US card, sometimes it only looks at the ZIP code, if not checks the entire billing address.

Also, if anyone is interested joining me on a Back-to-Back TP run within the USA to Fairbanks within the next few days, please hit me a PM.
There is wide last minute "I" fare availability to Fairbanks, if you are seeking for cheap Tier Points. Even if your status is extended, don't forget that this counts as lifetime TP's as well.
I saw the Fairbanks deal while I was exploring TP run options from NYC, but alas I can only do weekend runs and it comes back too late on Monday for me.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 6:26 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Also, if anyone is interested joining me on a Back-to-Back TP run within the USA to Fairbanks within the next few days, please hit me a PM.
There is wide last minute "I" fare availability to Fairbanks, if you are seeking for cheap Tier Points. Even if your status is extended, don't forget that this counts as lifetime TP's as well.
Nice find! Out of NYC it's USD 592 if I'm not mistaken, which should be 360 TP (going through DFW, one can probbaly add on another layover).
Very tempting!
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 8:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
NYC-RDU $310-$351 240 TP
There are some NYC-DCA-CLT-RDU routing options available. Requires an overnight stay to get 3 segments both ways. I paid a little more and got a 9:12am flight instead of the 6:26am flight on the return.

Sample:
https://www.google.com/travel/flights/s/iKji
snabbu and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 5:47 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Some interesting itineraries available from Mexico for cheap TPs. Wide open availability and wide body aircraft possible on DFW - MIA and MIA - LAX. Plenty of routings via other points on the eastern seaboard such as PHL/JFK/DCA/BOS/CLT.

440 TPs for 412 EUR. Also possible as OW for about half price.
Also works in reverse, slightly more expensive.
MaxFlyer, mikeyfly and Brainless69 like this.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 10:08 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
In case anyone might be interested... ARN/OSL-HEL-AGP return on AY is available for around €650 and 360 TPs
Old Sep 20, 2021, 8:52 am

Programs: Centurion BA GGL IHG Diamond
Does anyone know of any EX-EU flights to anywhere in the US in business leaving November December time for 2 weeks ? Cheapest I can find at the moment is BUD around £1500 TIA
Old Sep 20, 2021, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Komodromou
Does anyone know of any EX-EU flights to anywhere in the US in business leaving November December time for 2 weeks ? Cheapest I can find at the moment is BUD around £1500 TIA
Try AMS or RTM but the discount fares are to selected US destinations only.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 10:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Komodromou
CDG to NYC is pretty wide open at £1,079.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 11:33 am

Programs: BA
Extensions News: email today

Another year of Gold, on us
As always, we’re by your side too. That’s why we’re extending Tier status by another 12 months for those Executive Club Members with a Tier Point collection end date between 1 January 2022 and 31 March 2022. This means that any Member renewing over this period will enjoy their status for another year, irrespective of how many Tier Points they earn. So, you’ll have more chance to enjoy the benefits you deserve, whenever you return to the skies.

And don’t forget, we’ve reduced Tier Point thresholds by 25% until June 2022, making it easier to reach that next Tier.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 6:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH, EK, QR
I'm trying to book an AMS-LHR-JFK-LAX-HNL return fare with the Matrix/powertools etc. I'm finding plenty of options if LHR-AMS and/or AMS-LHR are on BA coded flights, but finding very little availability in the I bucket if the whole itinerary is on AA codes. I ideally would prefer it booked on AA codes so I can place it on hold and then call up to pay for the reservation with a load of vouchers etc AA are holding. Some vouchers expire 30th September and I need to travel end of July/August 2022, so I don't have a lot of flexibility with dates etc.

I've tried pretty much everything I can think of with the matrix, moving the final leg on a day etc, and attempted a multi city on AA: AMS-LHR/LHF-JFK-LAX-HNL and v.v. which the AA website prices out, then bombs out at the final stage with a "please choose a different fare" error. Searching a straight AMS-HNL with them only gives options AMS-LHR-LAX-HNL, whereas every other EU city gives options with intermediate stops in JFK.

Annoyingly I got the ticket I want to price up on the AA NL website using powertools, but it has no option to hold a reservation.

It looks like I'm going to have to call up and spend ages on the phone, if I do, will the AA agent insist that all legs need to be booked on AA codes ? (the AA site is offering the itinerary I want on the dates/price I want with the last leg only on a BA code).

Any other advice from anyone? Thanks!
Old Sep 23, 2021, 9:31 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by GK1981
I'm trying to book an AMS-LHR-JFK-LAX-HNL return fare with the Matrix/powertools etc. I'm finding plenty of options if LHR-AMS and/or AMS-LHR are on BA coded flights, but finding very little availability in the I bucket if the whole itinerary is on AA codes. I ideally would prefer it booked on AA codes so I can place it on hold and then call up to pay for the reservation with a load of vouchers etc AA are holding. Some vouchers expire 30th September and I need to travel end of July/August 2022, so I don't have a lot of flexibility with dates etc.

I've tried pretty much everything I can think of with the matrix, moving the final leg on a day etc, and attempted a multi city on AA: AMS-LHR/LHF-JFK-LAX-HNL and v.v. which the AA website prices out, then bombs out at the final stage with a "please choose a different fare" error. Searching a straight AMS-HNL with them only gives options AMS-LHR-LAX-HNL, whereas every other EU city gives options with intermediate stops in JFK.

Annoyingly I got the ticket I want to price up on the AA NL website using powertools, but it has no option to hold a reservation.

It looks like I'm going to have to call up and spend ages on the phone, if I do, will the AA agent insist that all legs need to be booked on AA codes ? (the AA site is offering the itinerary I want on the dates/price I want with the last leg only on a BA code).

Have you tried AMS-JFK and JFK-HNL? The booking tool should then present the AMS-LHR-JFK and JFK-LAX-HNL as options to choose from?

I've called AA a couple of time before and found them to be great TBH. If you have all the flight details to hand (city pairs, dates, times) then they're pretty used to preparing itineraries. Just rattle off all the flights and they should be good.

I can't see why they wouldn't be able to ticket on BA legs TBH. I'm sure I've had ticketed itineraries on AA stock with BA flight numbers.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by GK1981

The AAgents might insist that when an AA code is available, the flight should be booked under the AA code. I guess multiple HUACA's would solve the issue but that would be time consuming.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 4:23 pm

Expected Points From Bronze?

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask (if not please move / delete it) but how many Avios points are expected to be earned on attaining gold starting a Bronze? I see people attaining a range from £1-£2p/TP but I am curious if using the BA premium Amex how many points I could potentially earn, obviously this would depend on the trips but it would be interesting to learn what people have earned during their tier point runs.

Thanks
Old Sep 24, 2021, 3:15 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by aggsyb
Not sure if this is the right thread to ask (if not please move / delete it) but how many Avios points are expected to be earned on attaining gold starting a Bronze? I see people attaining a range from £1-£2p/TP but I am curious if using the BA premium Amex how many points I could potentially earn, obviously this would depend on the trips but it would be interesting to learn what people have earned during their tier point runs.

Thanks
Hello and welcome to FT. This dashboard thread contains a huge amount of useful info, BA Forum Dashboard

BA use tier points to determine status, and this thread is about earning those as cheaply as possible, Avios are just a sideshow. The Amex BAPP card will pay you 3 Avios per GBP if spending at BA, but typically that’s a fraction of what you’ll earn on a long haul TP run. The Avios earned from flying increase with your status, so it’s a question that has no one answer. I’ve booked flights to the USA west coast from Dublin and earned around 30K Avios from the trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.