Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2021, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Have you tried booking on AA?
Old Aug 27, 2021, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by ceej123
Thanks for the tips above! I've managed to get it finally price but still showing economy on the transcontinental (I've tried numerous dates and city combos). Even tried to book it over the phone but keep getting cut off on the gold line!
You can try forcing the booking class to Business using advanced routing
/f bc = i
And see if this prices.

Occasionally I have not been able to get itamatrix to comply but calling BA and asking them to quote with all sectors in business works.
ceej123 likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 11:59 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Have you tried booking on AA?
I haven't as yet as id rather deal with BA if it comes to cancelling/getting an e-voucher etc. Will give it a few more tries on ba.com but i have to say having not used it in a while, AA.com is soooo much better!

EDIT: Going LAX-MIA-JFK-LHR-DUB on the way back seems too have done the trick with an extra night in New York to sample to TWA hotel. Thanks for all the help guys! Now to hope uncle Joe lets us in....

Last edited by ceej123; Aug 27, 2021 at 12:21 pm
Old Aug 27, 2021, 12:51 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by jameslon
You can try forcing the booking class to Business using advanced routing
/f bc = i
And see if this prices.

Occasionally I have not been able to get itamatrix to comply but calling BA and asking them to quote with all sectors in business works.
+CABIN 2 can also be used to force the leg into business. When the 747 was still flying I preferred to be up in the bubble for the LAX-LHR flight, but wanted to be in the nose for the LHR-SAN return, so I would select business in Matrix and use +CABIN 1 to force F on the return.
jameslon and gingeola like this.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 4:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I'm not experienced enough to understand why, but according to the BA agent, the following doesn't work. He says he can't find the fare. "There are a couple issues I cant resolve by moving the flight times. NYC to LA and HEL to BCN are the problems."
Any tips grateful received.

m8_rotate likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by webstereo
I'm not experienced enough to understand why, but according to the BA agent, the following doesn't work. He says he can't find the fare. "There are a couple issues I cant resolve by moving the flight times. NYC to LA and HEL to BCN are the problems."
Any tips grateful received.
i suggest to HUCA. As I’m sure you done already check that they are entering each flight exactly as you see them including booking into the correct class (I or J) and with AA codes (not BA codeshares) where you have AA operated flights. The last two sectors should
be booked into J. Ask the agent to check that the fare basis used is INX1C1S4. If either the outbound routing or the return is not using this fare basis this will be the problem. Fingers crossed.

To add: I usually try copying the itamatrix routing into bookwithmatrix.com and try to book with AA. If this prices correctly (likely in Euros) then BA should be able to replicate the fare.

Last edited by jameslon; Aug 28, 2021 at 5:07 am
Old Aug 28, 2021, 5:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
He's come back and said I need I class fares and there are none that work on the connections. He seems pretty clued up. It doesn't seem to work in book with matrix either so I guess I'll keep hunting.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by webstereo
He's come back and said I need I class fares and there are none that work on the connections. He seems pretty clued up. It doesn't seem to work in book with matrix either so I guess I'll keep hunting.
What I've found with these recent deals is AA have a lot more availability on the US transcons than BA. Despite what is said here I also find it impossible to persuade the BA telephone people to use AA flight numbers when there's a BA code share. I try a couple of times, get annoyed and book with AA online.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by dougzz
What I've found with these recent deals is AA have a lot more availability on the US transcons than BA. Despite what is said here I also find it impossible to persuade the BA telephone people to use AA flight numbers when there's a BA code share. I try a couple of times, get annoyed and book with AA online.
Some agents believe they must use the BA codeshare if there is one. However its simply
not true. Just be polite but firm that they use the AA codes.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 6:16 am

Been away (finally!), so this may have been covered... any options for BA holidays to take advantage of the double tier points (now it's valid for solo travellers)?
Old Aug 28, 2021, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RG1X
Been away (finally!), so this may have been covered... any options for BA holidays to take advantage of the double tier points (now it's valid for solo travellers)?
A basic LAX via JFK in March will net 1120 for about £1800 taking a car or hotel for five days

https://www.google.co.uk/travel/flig...ND0SBggBEAAYAA
RG1X likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 7:32 am

Programs: Air France Platinium - TK Elite - BA Gold
Question

Hello everyone,
I just got bronze and I am missing 160 TP to become Silver but I have a deadline of September 8, 2021.
I am based in CDG and looking for something interesting between now and this deadline to earn 160 TP

I looked at Madrid Mexico, but there are flights but in Y / O which will not bring me enough TP An AR in Premium Eco could earn me enough but I don't see anything for less than 2000 euros.

Thank you
Old Aug 28, 2021, 7:38 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by franssois69
Hello everyone,
I just got bronze and I am missing 160 TP to become Silver but I have a deadline of September 8, 2021.
I am based in CDG and looking for something interesting between now and this deadline to earn 160 TP

I looked at Madrid Mexico, but there are flights but in Y / O which will not bring me enough TP An AR in Premium Eco could earn me enough but I don't see anything for less than 2000 euros.

Thank you
EUR656 - CDG-LHR-MAN-LHR-CDG = 160 TPs
EUR578 CDG-LHR-INV-LHR-CG = 160 TPS
Old Aug 28, 2021, 7:41 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by Markie
EUR656 - CDG-LHR-MAN-LHR-CDG = 160 TPs
EUR578 CDG-LHR-INV-LHR-CG = 160 TPS
Or Jersey for the same money.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 8:03 am

Programs: Air France Platinium - TK Elite - BA Gold
Markie and sunshinebob
you deserve a beer
Thank's a lot !!!
Markie, flyerkit and EDIwanderer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.