Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Modified COVID-19 catering, effective 20 January 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2021, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Enigma368
Modified COVID-19 catering, effective 20 January 2021 until further notice.
Previous discussion: COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways

A reduced service has resumed in all cabins, including steel cutlery, glassware and chinaware in premium cabins. Choice may be limited in some cabins and on some routes. Some elements may be delivered covered for safety. All meals apart from First are served on single trays. Portion sizes, particularly in Club World, have been significantly reduced compared to pre-Covid.

On BA CityFlyer full service has resumed, with the exception of hot towels and warmed bread in Club Europe. See dedicated wiki thread for full details.

Details of the current service are available on BA.com

Changes from pre-COVID service:

Euro Traveller
  • Buy-on-board M&S menu replaced with pre-order Tom Kerridge menu
  • Complimentary bottle of water and packaged ambient snack offered to all passengers
Club Europe
  • Band 1 now receives the same service as Express (light breakfast > brunch > lunch > afternoon tea > dinner)
  • Band 2 now receives the same service as Bands 3 and 4 (breakfast > rest of the day)
  • Band 3 should still have a drinks run before serving lunch and dinner
  • No hot towels
  • No menus on Band 3 / Band 4 services
  • Dessert served in ceramic dish rather than plastic pot
  • No starter for Express / Band 1 lunch and dinner services
  • No cheese for Band 3 / Band 4 rest of the day services
  • One fewer sandwich for afternoon tea services
  • One type of (warm) bread roll available, wrapped in sealed plastic, served from a basket
World Traveller
  • No roll/butter served with main meal, cheese and crackers also not provided
  • Inflight snack (previously took the form of a Magnum ice cream) and tuck box suspended - replaced with Walkers shortbread o/r from galley.
World Traveller Plus
  • TBC
Club World
  • No hot towels
  • Meals served on one tray at the same time
  • No choice of starter or dessert
  • Portion sizes have been substantially reduced. Starters, cheese and dessert are all served in mini ramekins
First
  • No hot towels
Print Wikipost

Modified COVID-19 catering, effective 20 January 2021

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2021, 2:58 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Having done GLA / EDI and INV recently - all morning LHR departures are currently offering the following on the same tray:

1) Hot Ham and Cheese or Cheese & Tomato Croissant
2) Fruit Cup
3) Yogurt Bowl

With usual tea / coffee / OJ drink offerings

Pilot37
Old May 10, 2021, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by Pilot37
Having done GLA / EDI and INV recently - all morning LHR departures are currently offering the following on the same tray:

1) Hot Ham and Cheese or Cheese & Tomato Croissant
2) Fruit Cup
3) Yogurt Bowl

With usual tea / coffee / OJ drink offerings

Pilot37
Great choice if you don't like cheese!
Old May 11, 2021, 10:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
QQ - first flight in Y coming up since the revised buy on board offer - searching the flight number the ordering website shows the flight operating from Gatwick - assuming this won’t be an issue and our order should be delivered as normal on the LHR flight ?
Old May 11, 2021, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Chris9642
QQ - first flight in Y coming up since the revised buy on board offer - searching the flight number the ordering website shows the flight operating from Gatwick - assuming this won’t be an issue and our order should be delivered as normal on the LHR flight ?
It’ll be based on flight number rather than route, so yes you’ll be fine. Nice to know Tourvest are as useless at keeping their website up-to-date as BA though.
Old May 11, 2021, 2:18 pm

What’s the situation with drinks service in Y on long haul routes? I’ve got a flight to MEX on the 19th and I’d usually pass the 11 hours with a few G&T’s or beers. To save annoying the crew by pressing the call button i would usually just wander back to the galley every so often and grab a couple but in these times is that frowned on? Do I press the call button or do I have to wait for the usual meal service?
Old May 11, 2021, 2:35 pm

You can - as always - press the call bell. But it’s also perfectly ok to pop your head in and ask for a top up - now the Jumbos are gone the lavs are (effectively) in the galley anyway so it’d be almost impossible to enforce segregation even if they wanted to.
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old May 17, 2021, 5:25 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond

Chicken salad with horseradish, quite nice. This was an express band brunch.
Genius1, ENTP, PGberkshire and 1 others like this.
Old May 17, 2021, 5:32 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Was also on my 1725 MAN-LHR yesterday, as dinner.
KARFA likes this.
Old May 17, 2021, 5:39 am

Programs: Some

​​​​​​​Continental Breakfast on this morning’s LHR-FAO (as featured on Sky News...). Other options are full English or a cheddar cheese omelette.
Genius1 likes this.
Old May 17, 2021, 5:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Continental Breakfast on this morning’s LHR-FAO (as featured on Sky News...). Other options are full English or a cheddar cheese omelette.
interesting. What was the main course? ​​​​​​​
IAMORGAN and ENTP like this.
Old May 17, 2021, 5:53 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by KARFA
interesting. What was the main course?
Diet coke and champagne! They forgot to give pastries to row 1...
KARFA and ENTP like this.
Old May 18, 2021, 2:13 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
NCL-LHR, 16:30 hrs service, so Afternoon Tea, not a special, one of the two choices on open selection. The other was something vegetarian, so I switched off memorising the details.

Prawn cocktail, Coronation Chicken sandwiches. The scones are warm. By being wrapped they are somewhat softer on the exterior compared to the unwrapped previous offering. The tea serving was ungenerous, but I was able to get a couple more cups in on a particularly short flight.
Genius1, alex67500, KARFA and 2 others like this.
Old May 18, 2021, 2:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
NCL-LHR, 16:30 hrs service, so Afternoon Tea, not a special, one of the two choices on open selection. The other was something vegetarian, so I switched off memorising the details.

Prawn cocktail, Coronation Chicken sandwiches. The scones are warm. By being wrapped they are somewhat softer on the exterior compared to the unwrapped previous offering. The tea serving was ungenerous, but I was able to get a couple more cups in on a particularly short flight.
This was the vegetarian offering off the same flight, brie and cranberry and cheddar. Sadly the individually wrapped scones means they're loaded to an exact amount, so no extra scones these days!
I think I had 3 bottles of champagne to accompany it, but honestly I can't remember if it was 2 or 3 .
Genius1 and EDIwanderer like this.
Old May 18, 2021, 2:53 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by S_W_S
but honestly I can't remember if it was 2 or 3 .
You had 2, plus the plastic cup procedure.
Old May 18, 2021, 3:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
You had 2, plus the plastic cup procedure.
You are a very observant gentleman! Most flights end with the plastic cup procedure .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.