Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access in Doha

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2021, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club
Lounge access in Doha

Has anyone been through Doha recently? There is apparently now a charge for access to the Al Mourjan Business Lounge for (at least) Silver BAEC cardholders on QR flights. Is anyone aware of whether this applies to Gold / Emerald holders as well, and does it also depend on the class of travellers. Due to travel next month.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 12:07 pm

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
I traveled on 08/01 from CPT-DOH-LHR in QR economy. My BA silver card got me into the Al Mourjan lounge in Doha without a charge -)
Old Jan 18, 2021, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Maybe venture over to the QR forum where there’s lots of chat on lounge entry on QR flights. Here’s a recent the wiki is informative

QR unbundles business class with new R fares
Old Jan 18, 2021, 2:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Tesco, Nectar
QR discounted business fares (R) now don't grant lounge access. But BA silver will get you into the lounge. Happened to me last month.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
In normal conditions as a BAEC Silver, it's the Qatar Airways Business Class ( status ) Lounge or the Oryx Lounge ( contract ) lounge that you're invited to.
However, since April 2020, due to the closures of the QR Lounges at DOH, all lounge eligible people could use the Al Mourjan Lounge until further notice.

By the way, the QR Business/First Class ( status ) Lounge's have re-opened at DOH according to some reports but similar to gallagher 's experience, OW elites traveling in Y is still welcome to use the Al Mourjan Lounge.
Genius1 and :D! like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.