Wiki Posts
Search

Jan 2022 Holidays

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2021, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Jan 2022 Holidays

Hey all

Just a quick question, when is it expected to see Jan 2022 holidays released? currently BA only offer up to Jan 1st 2022?

Thank you all!
Happy New Year!
Old Jan 12, 2021, 5:59 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
355 days before.
Nephoi likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Unless securing Reward space on the day of release, it's never a good idea to jump on fares at the 355 point
RB211 likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Unless securing Reward space on the day of release, it's never a good idea to jump on fares at the 355 point
Why is that? It would be flying first/business
Old Jan 12, 2021, 2:29 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
i kinda disagree with the word "never". in like 95% you might be correct, but there are some special premium fares like the SOF-LAX fare that are appealing as long as they are here. noone can say whether they are available in 4 months. if you can book it and the price is good - book it. but thats just my opinion.

<edit> for the record: travel within the US are release 330 days out. you can book till 01JAN22 with BA. AA flights are released till 09DEC21
Old Jan 12, 2021, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Just wondering how much are seats in club world on the 777 LHR-JFK? just so i can get an idea on the max total cost?
Old Jan 12, 2021, 2:50 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Nephoi
i kinda disagree with the word "never". in like 95% you might be correct, but there are some special premium fares like the SOF-LAX fare that are appealing as long as they are here. noone can say whether they are available in 4 months. if you can book it and the price is good - book it. but thats just my opinion.
It's more like 99%. The cheapest time to buy - historically - is 8 to 6 weeks to departure. Airlines are extremely good at persuading people otherwise, but it's a myth to think a particular fare is the cheapest possible. I remember Sir Freddie Laker popping eyes with his 45 fare return from STN to EWR - that's 475 in today's money and BA does LHR-JFK for 255 return. And to get that 255 you need to travel in 6 to 8 weeks time.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 3:32 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by InspiireJS
Hey all

Just a quick question, when is it expected to see Jan 2022 holidays released? currently BA only offer up to Jan 1st 2022?

Thank you all!
Happy New Year!
Hopefully when we are all released

Id very much wait until nearer the time. Most people dont know whats going to happen next week at the moment! Sadly.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 5:23 am

I'd expect to pay a premium when booking the moment that tickets/holidays go on sale, and as others have pointed out there will be a lot of chopping and changing given the current situation so what you book now may not be possible/available by the time of travel.

For what it's worth though, going from past experience you should be able to pick up a decent deal nearer the time. When I've looked at spending my January birthday in NYC, prices in J with 4 nights in a 4* hotel were often under 1500 pp, based on two people travelling.
Nephoi likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by InspiireJS
Just wondering how much are seats in club world on the 777 LHR-JFK? just so i can get an idea on the max total cost?
I'd say in a sale or advanced purchase offer, maybe check again in summer, but you'd get this for around 1,300 per person flight only. Maybe even better if there's some unusual promotions
Old Jan 13, 2021, 6:20 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Avis Preferred
I'd say in a sale or advanced purchase offer, maybe check again in summer, but you'd get this for around 1,300 per person flight only. Maybe even better if there's some unusual promotions
the other issue is if you combine with hotel, its the hotel that have a bigger issue at the moment on pricing rooms a year from now. looking at SFO for example, something like the W is approx 200/night before it goes up to 1000/night for end of year because they have only loaded their rack rates right now to the end of their window.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It's more like 99%. The cheapest time to buy - historically - is 8 to 6 weeks to departure. Airlines are extremely good at persuading people otherwise, but it's a myth to think a particular fare is the cheapest possible. I remember Sir Freddie Laker popping eyes with his 45 fare return from STN to EWR - that's 475 in today's money and BA does LHR-JFK for 255 return. And to get that 255 you need to travel in 6 to 8 weeks time.
Although it has to be said that this is very route dependent. My common route (West Coast US) is almost never cheaper 8 to 6 weeks out, and I have the spreadsheets to prove it!

rb211.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.