Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

AVIOS SALE! 50% off long haul redemptions, 25% off short haul

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AVIOS SALE! 50% off long haul redemptions, 25% off short haul

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2020, 6:40 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by stimpy
See here https://www.britishairways.com/en-fr...d-flight-offer

68K instead of 136K, but that doesn't count the CDG leg which can't be much.
for off peak dates out and back in J and no stopover in London (so no APD), I get 71376 Avios + £ 374.53 What dates are you looking at?

Last edited by KARFA; Oct 10, 2020 at 6:46 am
Old Oct 10, 2020, 6:41 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum, BA Bronze, And EK silver
Date changes

Hi Guys,

im thinking of booking this offer for travel in May 2021 from JFK to DXB
My conference might be postponed to September of 2021.

Would I be able to change the dates of that happens ? Or do I have to cancel the booking ?Worried about the restrictions posed on this offer for travel beyond June 2021.

any help would be appreciated!

cheers
Old Oct 10, 2020, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by den3aah
Hi Guys,

im thinking of booking this offer for travel in May 2021 from JFK to DXB
My conference might be postponed to September of 2021.

Would I be able to change the dates or not? Worried about the restrictions posed on this offer for travel beyond June 2021.

any insight would be appreciated!

cheers
if you need to do a voluntary change you will need reward availability on the new flights, you would also pay a £35 per person change fee, and you are likely going to have to pay the additional avios for the normal rates.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
if you need to do a voluntary change you will need reward availability on the new flights, you would also pay a £35 per person change fee, and you are likely going to have to pay the additional avios for the normal rates.

Thanks!
so is that for sure? Paying the difference in Avios miles ?
Old Oct 10, 2020, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks!
Well the promo is until end of June so can’t see there being a voluntary loophole to move into September. A safer bet might be to book one of the JFKs which has been chopped during Covid and if it gets chopped in May you’ll be able to move to Sept.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 6:55 am

Thanks for your help guys.

last question - if I flew from DXB to JFK via LHR. Am I correct in assuming that I won’t be allowed to board the aircraft due to the existing travel ban? (Bearing in mind I’m a British passport holder with a J1 US visa)
KARFA likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 7:17 am

Thanks!
If helpful, a Gold Line agent explicitly confirmed this when I made a booking over the phone on Thursday. Voluntary changes will reprice to full peak/offpeak rates.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
for off peak dates out and back in J and no stopover in London (so no APD), I get 71376 Avios + £ 374.53 What dates are you looking at?
I decided to switch to a one way booking since I really have no idea of the return date. It was much simpler.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 8:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
I've strangely just had my worst ever experience with the Gold line. Never before have I had it.
Was put through to someone who would help me get a voucher and rebook.

Was told I couldn't have a voucher at first, that I wasn't eligible (completely wrong as was booked during book with confidence). She then goes away to check and comes back 2 mins later and says "I've cancelled that booking for you". At no point telling me the value or how many avios. Just told me that I have to wait 4 hours for the voucher. I'm not sat with no booking, no voucher and hoping the flights I want are still there in 4 hours time. I'm gobsmacked at the poor quality of this. At no point did I authorise a cancellation of my booking. I merely enquired as to what the value of the FTV would be and also stated I'd like to price up the future flights.

My experiences have normally been amazing with the gold line, but this is appallingly bad.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 8:33 am

Hi Karfa, isn't it the case that the change fee doesn't apply as per the 'book with confidence' policy? I haven't been able to find explicit reference to the fact that this applies to reward bookings the same as cash bookings, but I just tried to change a one-way PEK -> HND reward booking to see what the cost would be, and it advised there was no cost.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 8:43 am

Currently speaking to someone in Gold team who is reinstating my original booking. Quite how, but they think I was passed off to an external call centre, someone clearly not in the Gold team who had no clue. Looks like by Monday they should have the original booking reinstated. Crazy
Old Oct 10, 2020, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by seputus
Hi Karfa, isn't it the case that the change fee doesn't apply as per the 'book with confidence' policy? I haven't been able to find explicit reference to the fact that this applies to reward bookings the same as cash bookings, but I just tried to change a one-way PEK -> HND reward booking to see what the cost would be, and it advised there was no cost.
that’s a good question. Not sure but it seems the £35 may not be charged currently under BWC.
seputus likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by victairinternational
Any idea on the routes that the new 777-300 first seat with door will be on?
The new deliveries will be used interchangeably with existing 77W aircraft (particularly as the existing 77Ws start to be refurbished), although JFK will see a higher proportion than other routes initially.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 10:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Silver, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Wyndham Gold
Trying to find a country open for tourists in the BA Avios sale. Looks like MRU, SEZ & MLE are all gone for summer 2021. Any tips for finding availability for countries still accepting British tourists?
Old Oct 10, 2020, 10:06 am

Is it true a FTV with cash and avios in can not be used towards to reward booking? That's what I was told earlier

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.