Community
Wiki Posts
Search

High Life

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2020, 12:41 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Do the younger generation read anything printed on paper nowadays?
Yes, almost exclusively print. I go out of my way to find obscure and interesting magazines to read.

However I did also read High Life. The new hotel section was ok.

FYI I am 33
HIDDY likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2020, 1:41 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Do the younger generation read anything printed on paper nowadays?
What’s paper?
BA or bust and HIDDY like this.
Old Sep 4, 2020, 1:54 pm

Programs: BAEC - Silver | Hilton Honors - Gold
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
What’s paper?
I have heard of this medium which you call “paper” but only in the stories of old, handed down by my ancestors
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2020, 2:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
I used to like reading High Life. I will certainly miss it if it is not on board as restrictions are lifted.

Unfortunately companies will now just use Coivid as an excuse not to bring certain things back .
Old Sep 4, 2020, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by Grande Annee
I used to like reading High Life. I will certainly miss it if it is not on board as restrictions are lifted.

Unfortunately companies will now just use Coivid as an excuse not to bring certain things back .
Like real food in CE
mrow likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2020, 2:15 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
If they don't publish HighLife on paper , perhaps they should include it in the HighLife on board video entertainment?
Given the video selection, a selection of reading material via the same channel might be very welcome.

Last edited by camdentown; Sep 4, 2020 at 2:16 pm Reason: poor spelling
Old Sep 4, 2020, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by camdentown
If they don't publish HighLife on paper , perhaps they should include it in the HighLife on board video entertainment?
Given the video selection, a selection of reading material via the same channel might be very welcome.
they do, it’s on shop.ba.com accessed via WiFi (no need to pay)
Old Sep 4, 2020, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Jambon87
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
What’s paper?
I have heard of this medium which you call “paper” but only in the stories of old, handed down by my ancestors
It's this stuff on which you play FlyerTalk games, and without which such games are not possible.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2020, 3:29 pm

That's good.
How many planes have WiFi so far? And when they do, how do they advertise the presence of the HighLife and possibly other useful and interesting information?
I've not travelled on a BA service with WiFi so far.
Old Sep 4, 2020, 3:36 pm

That's good.
How many planes have WiFi so far? And when they do, how do they advertise the presence of the HighLife and possibly other useful and interesting information?
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-underway.html

BA wifi is available but I don’t think it’s well advertised by crew. I have been on BA aircraft with Wifi and it wasn’t mentioned but I knew due to the knowledgeable on here (thanks).

Do others know if the crew announce wifi now, more regularly?

Last edited by rockflyertalk; Sep 4, 2020 at 3:55 pm
Old Sep 4, 2020, 3:42 pm

Way back in Feb I flew on a plane that was trialling an online-only version of High Life and Business Life: it was a good experiment and one I commented positively on. I enjoy reading things like John Simpson’s column, or some of the Biz Life interviews; if it’s still free, still with good content and saves CO2/paper, then I’m all in. Yes, Cruz will be a few pence richer, but in this case I’m OK with that.
Old Sep 4, 2020, 3:49 pm

That's good.
deleted sorry misunderstood
Old Sep 4, 2020, 3:52 pm

deleted - sorry misunderstood
Old Sep 4, 2020, 4:05 pm

Some snippets from BA’s Press Release:

British Airways’ award-winning on board magazine, High Life, is moving online to ba.com and will offer access to content for customers before, during and after a flight.

Created with publishing house, Cedar, the magazine will also include a new section for Business Life which will replace the current on-board paper versions of both publications.

The magazine will be emailed to five million Executive Club customers every month and customers can download the magazine on board, using the airline’s in-flight WIFI for free.

*The print edition of High Life will still be available in small quantities in the airline’s lounges and will be sent directly to some of the airline’s frequent flyers.
alex67500 likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2020, 4:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Diamond, IHG Diamond
That's good.
Many wifi equipped aircraft have the .air sticker next to door 1L just underneath the oneworld logo. Short haul aircraft have wifi stickers on the seatbacks and its often announced over the PA system.
The link to the highlife magazine is now appearing on the wifi homepage onboard. So far so good, however IME, just like on trains in this country, the longer time passes since the train/plane has been wifi equipped, the less reliable it becomes. No good if the wifi is often broken as fewer clicks to the magazine and its ads and less revenue from wifi sales.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.