Wiki Posts
Search

BA Ticket Re-issue / Website Issue

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2020, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

BA Ticket Re-issue / Website Issue

Hey
I'm new here (account wise) however have been watching over several threads.

I've got a question or two regarding ticket re-issues; Regarding a travel class upgrade, I know BA are currently doing them in a flight date order and what not... however.

I have noticed I am un-able to now make any payments online to the booking which is really strange and it will take me back to the old BA style booking page.

I wasn't even able to select my seats up until today without getting an error to contact my local ba office, this is now fixed..

Could this be a sign of my tickets in the stage of re-issuance or is it just another BA issue?

Many thanks in advance.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 12:49 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome fo the BA forum InspiireJS.

Yes it has the hallmarks of a ticket not being issued yet, and there is clearly a backlog building up there. You can tell in the BA App, if you go to the flight details panel, towards the end after Aircraft there is a line for the ticket number. If you see something there beginning 125, you have been ticketed. You may need to refresh the panel by pulling it down a few times. A ticket which hasn't been issued needs to be resolved once you are within 48 hours of travel, otherwise it's just a nuisance which normally sorts itself out.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome fo the BA forum InspiireJS.

Yes it has the hallmarks of a ticket not being issued yet, and there is clearly a backlog building up there. You can tell in the BA App, if you go to the flight details panel, towards the end after Aircraft there is a line for the ticket number. If you see something there beginning 125, you have been ticketed. You may need to refresh the panel by pulling it down a few times. A ticket which hasn't been issued needs to be resolved once you are within 48 hours of travel, otherwise it's just a nuisance which normally sorts itself out.
Indeed the domestic flights are issued with the number and show my seat in the app, the longhaul however do not.

I found it was 2-3 days for the prior upgrade, this upgrade was done sunday (I suspect Monday would be ignored as day 1 due to bank holiday) They said its usually 5-7 days from upgrade, I did however get my seats done on the website finally.. 781 flight to EWR from LHR. JAN 21
Old Sep 3, 2020, 1:01 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It really wouldn't surprise me if it takes a month or so, if you are flying in January. If your MMB at least shows the upgrade, then you're safe, the upgrade will happen. You are in no danger of losing it since the fare bucket allocation and ticketing processes are nearly independent of each other. But take a screenshot just in case!
Old Sep 3, 2020, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

It really wouldn't surprise me if it takes a month or so, if you are flying in January. If your MMB at least shows the upgrade, then you're safe, the upgrade will happen. You are in no danger of losing it since the fare bucket allocation and ticketing processes are nearly independent of each other. But take a screenshot just in case!
Thanks I know back in June I upgraded from PE up to CW, the re-issue was approx 72 hrs (maybe +/-) I just want to be able to make my seamless payment and see my selected First seat in the app... It's already causing Anxiety with the Travel ban in place and the morning flight (domestic being cancelled for several weeks still)

I have the email stating first etc. surely if it was quick in June it will be quick now?

Thanks
Old Sep 3, 2020, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by InspiireJS
I have the email stating first etc. surely if it was quick in June it will be quick now?
No, because all the Future Travel Vouchers that have been issued - I would guess millions of them - have to be processed by ticketing manually so there is a backlog now which there wasn't in June. Since your ticket is in First you can call YouFirst to expedite it, but I wouldn't do that until a few weeks from travel. It is totally normal outcome and I wouldn't be concerned, other than to check it again a day or two before departure. The chances of it being altered in some shape or form between now and departure are very high in any case.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

No, because all the Future Travel Vouchers that have been issued - I would guess millions of them - have to be processed by ticketing manually so there is a backlog now which there wasn't in June. Since your ticket is in First you can call YouFirst to expedite it, but I wouldn't do that until a few weeks from travel. It is totally normal outcome and I wouldn't be concerned, other than to check it again a day or two before departure. The chances of it being altered in some shape or form between now and departure are very high in any case.
Ah right thank you very much how would I go about payment would I just ring up the holidays team?
Old Sep 3, 2020, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by InspiireJS
Ah right thank you very much how would I go about payment would I just ring up the holidays team?
Ah, this is a BA Holidays booking? Right, that's different. Your final payment is due three weeks before departure, you should be ticketed by then, since there are other Holidays processes around this, but at the four to three week stage call BAH and pay up then, though online will probably work. Don't leave it later than that, there are reports (OK, one report) of a cancellation on week 3 on the dot, but I suspect there were other factors there. If BAH want to contact you, and assuming they have the details, they will do so.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Ah, this is a BA Holidays booking? Right, that's different. Your final payment is due three weeks before departure, you should be ticketed by then, since there are other Holidays processes around this, but at the four to three week stage call BAH and pay up then, though online will probably work. Don't leave it later than that, there are reports (OK, one report) of a cancellation on week 3 on the dot, but I suspect there were other factors there. If BAH want to contact you, and assuming they have the details, they will do so.
I had a previous booking where we changed our mind due to unforeseen circumstances and they tried to contact me up to 2 days before scheduled departure and still hadn't cancelled my booking, I was already ticketed until the upgrade, I'll keep my eye on the situation on the app.. It's literally my last payment and its over with, paid well ahead of time

Not 100% sure the situation I do know the booking agent did inform me that the process is usually done in the 7 days at most if not I got the direct phone line to contact etc

thanks for the info
Old Sep 4, 2020, 7:34 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
to give another view on the timeline, i used a FTV voucher for a flight in Dec, the change was made on the first week in July, it still hasn't been ticketed, so i would adjust the expectations to +2 months
Old Sep 8, 2020, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Can confirm as of Sep 5th, tickets were fully re-issued.. they'd been done on the 3rd however they didn't finalize them correctly so it took them 2 minutes to re-finalize and correct them, app now shows updated seats and 125-xxxx number... Payment is still an issue with an error being given when you click make a payment has unknown error.

the error will sometimes show, others it just redirects with no error.. but always to that page :/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.