Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA & Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2021, 11:27 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by NoY
Never worked for me & I have iPhone 12 Pro Max. Ditched it & used my KSA Tawakkalna app (which, granted, not many will have) in Abu Dhabi where access to public places such as Malls/restaurants requires vaccination proof.
Agreed. Tried via laptop web browser and phone and no dice. Friends who have just came back advised to keep PCR test results and NHS Covid app and would be fine as a visitor.

I tied myself in circles trying to register for the Al Hosn app and just gave up. I have the DXB application though and will use that as required.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi
Now at the conrad

A350 seat 1a very nice

lots of overhead space but limited at seat storage

Food as expected. Crew jealous when I took out my itsu snack boxes an additional starter

Ife shows message just before meal times encouraging use of the mid cabin toilets rather than forward toilet ( to avoid congestion in the galley area at meal times)

Club kitchen did have Lindt chocolates ( same ones as advertised as first class dessert options

Flight delayed 1 hour leaving lhr delay seemed to be estimated on arrival at 40mins but went back up to 60mins as we seemed to have a long approach.

No pcr test needed on arrival
cursory glance at pcr tear paperwork just before the tram

Immigration was quick with an expo passport book handed out also then about a 2min wait for the bags with club world bags first off
Metro not running so 5 min queue for taxis.

Aed42 to conrad.

Now off to bed

regards

Tbs
ps

I have posted comments on the expo 2020 in the middle East forum but would thoroughly recommend it. Do at least 2 days

Also vist non descript country pavillions
went to

Solomon Islands
Mali
Guinea
Brunei
And they had lots of cultural items they are quiet and the hosts have more time to talk.

singapore and china are excellent
NoY, 2002ad and Rookersa like this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Nov 29, 2021 at 8:30 am
Old Nov 28, 2021, 9:39 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Flying back on Finnair but popped into the BA lounge. Apart from ordering food via the app everything else seems as it was before. The staff are good as always.
esledo likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 2:00 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
I am due to fly out from LHR to DXB with the family for New Years. Any rumours of BA cancelling flights on this route yet, due to the new strain of coronovirus?
Old Nov 29, 2021, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by nollag
I am due to fly out from LHR to DXB with the family for New Years. Any rumours of BA cancelling flights on this route yet, due to the new strain of coronovirus?
I dont think anybody knows (even the governments).. the way the world reacted to omicron/Africa came without warning)... i have a trip in 10 days.. so fingers crossed!

ps sounds like you just started the rumour
MaxFlyer, nollag, NA-Flyer and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 8:30 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I am almost in the same situation but my journey will start in ORD and will be transiting via LHR flying all sectors on BA in three weeks time.

I wonder what will happen and how things will progress in the next 3 weeks?
Old Nov 29, 2021, 8:36 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by babyg_wc
I dont think anybody knows (even the governments).. the way the world reacted to omicron/Africa came without warning)... i have a trip in 10 days.. so fingers crossed!

ps sounds like you just started the rumour
Somebody else a few posts up also started the rumor that UAE was going to ban UK and EU residents from entering Dubai. Wonder why people feel the need to engage in worthless speculation before things actually unfold.
David_Doyle, NoY, MaxFlyer and 3 others like this.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 8:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Jean-Baptiste Legrand
Somebody else a few posts up also started the rumor that UAE was going to ban UK and EU residents from entering Dubai. Wonder why people feel the need to engage in worthless speculation before things actually unfold.
The UAE did not ban UK people when the Alpha variant came up, the thing did not exist anywhere else at this point, and whole Europe locked us out....
Old Nov 29, 2021, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Duck1981
The UAE did not ban UK people when the Alpha variant came up, the thing did not exist anywhere else at this point, and whole Europe locked us out....
Given that the UAE is such a major global hub - perhaps they should have put people before profit and closed down a lot earlier
Old Nov 29, 2021, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Jean-Baptiste Legrand
Sounds like sensible preparation, rather than worthless speculation.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 9:40 am

Programs: Some
Given that the UAE is such a major global hub - perhaps they should have put people before profit and closed down a lot earlier
A convenient anti-corporate soundbite, sure, but given the UAE has managed to maintain a death rate a fraction of all the European countries that did close borders to the UK whilst also not decimating their tourist industry, I'm not sure it's the UAE that got that one wrong...
NoY, wrp96, 2002ad and 4 others like this.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 11:42 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
Sounds like sensible preparation, rather than worthless speculation.
Prepare how, exactly? Until actual travel bans are instituted and flights actually canceled, there is nothing any traveler can do other than artificially limit their own options by proactively canceling their tickets and getting stuck with a voucher (instead of waiting for the airline to cancel and becoming eligible for a refund).
Old Nov 29, 2021, 11:46 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I believe they are doing the opposite
Old Nov 29, 2021, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
A convenient anti-corporate soundbite, sure, but given the UAE has managed to maintain a death rate a fraction of all the European countries that did close borders to the UK whilst also not decimating their tourist industry, I'm not sure it's the UAE that got that one wrong...
Arguably more a feature of the age demographics of Dubai than effective Covid management?
Old Nov 29, 2021, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
If you believe the statistics being offered by a totalitarian dictatorship, then I have a long lost Prince friend in Nigeria who would love to discuss your bank details with you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.