Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anybody else LHR-SEZ in Sep?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2020, 2:24 pm

Are BA flying all flights to SEZ at the moment?
Old Oct 12, 2020, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by tillyholly
Are BA flying all flights to SEZ at the moment?
Depends upon what you mean by all flights. BA is operating SEZ 2x per week.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
It looks like its only October and the 2nd of November where BA are deviating from their normal schedule (thou its still the regular 2 flights per week) .
Rather than a quick turnaround on the Sunday, they are overnighting and flying Monday instead. Slightly annoying with school/work etc but no where as bad as cancelling (for us anyway).
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Originally Posted by bluemoon68
flying BA on 7/11. Departure is 17.45.

Be grateful if you do let us know how you get on. Was thinking of finding somewhere who would time stamp on the Thursday and take the text just before they close, so opposite strategy to you!
Privatecoronavirustests

4 tests taken
All taken Monday 12th at 10am.
1st test back Tuesday 5pm (ahead of schedule!)
2nd test back Tuesday 5.10pm (ahead of schedule!)

There was a slight error - both were missing passport info, but a phone call (15mins on hold) fixed this.

Still waiting for 2 tests, but so far so good, the say results back from 6pm till 12pm... so still have a potential 6 hours wait, but so far so good,
Old Oct 14, 2020, 4:40 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by babyg_wc
Privatecoronavirustests

4 tests taken
All taken Monday 12th at 10am.
1st test back Tuesday 5pm (ahead of schedule!)
2nd test back Tuesday 5.10pm (ahead of schedule!)

There was a slight error - both were missing passport info, but a phone call (15mins on hold) fixed this.

Still waiting for 2 tests, but so far so good, the say results back from 6pm till 12pm... so still have a potential 6 hours wait, but so far so good,
I hope we are safe to assume your remaining two tests arrived at some point overnight and you are now busy packing or en route to the airport!

Safe travels!
Old Oct 14, 2020, 11:06 am

I have emailed someone at the government health department in the Seychelles, who confirmed that the test only needs to show the date of the test, not the time.
Hopefully this helps those of us with evening flights.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 5:49 am

Tagging myself on here: My wife and I are on BA63 on October 31 and will go to the Hilton Labriz afterwards, if anyone wants to share a cab/ hotel car to the jetty, write me a PM.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 2:31 pm

If only. We should be on this flight but a Covid rest within 48 hours is not possible in our location. Is anyone outside London managing this?
Old Oct 17, 2020, 6:55 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
If only. We should be on this flight but a Covid rest within 48 hours is not possible in our location. Is anyone outside London managing this?
Can be done at Manchester (Multiple companies) and Leeds (VIVO Clinic). Seems there are loads of other VIVO clinics across the country that offer this service.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Where outside of London are you?
Old Oct 18, 2020, 3:21 am

Edinburgh
Old Oct 18, 2020, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by bluemoon68
I hope we are safe to assume your remaining two tests arrived at some point overnight and you are now busy packing or en route to the airport!

Safe travels!
Hi from the lovely Seychelles, unfortunately our tests didn't arrive on time, we had to resort to a 24h (£350) backup plan... needless to say i can not recommend the other clinic anymore.. all and all very very stressful and expensive...
We have just had our tests taken here in the Seychelles, and will get those results back tomorrow... zero stress, they came to our villa, costs nothing and will have result tomorrow...
Old Oct 18, 2020, 6:50 am

Well ive booked in with oliverhealthtravel, spoke to many companies doing the test, and oliverhealthtravel were the only ones that said we could get the results next day guaranteed.
  • PCR Test same day results £250 (appointment cut-off time is 3:30 pm)
  • PCR Test next day results £200 <<<<<<<<
  • PCR Test two days results £150
Crackers amount of money for a family of 4 :-( but I cant find a better option.
Hi from the lovely Seychelles, unfortunately our tests didn't arrive on time, we had to resort to a 24h (£350) backup plan... needless to say i can not recommend the other clinic anymore.. all and all very very stressful and expensive...
We have just had our tests taken here in the Seychelles, and will get those results back tomorrow... zero stress, they came to our villa, costs nothing and will have result tomorrow...
Sorry to hear this. Makes me very nervous. Will now look for a back up plan.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 3:01 am

Good to hear you made it. Where did you take the backup test? 350GBP pounds is quite something though... and here I was thinking BA fuel surcharges were expensive

Last edited by Freddorick; Oct 19, 2020 at 4:48 am
Old Oct 19, 2020, 4:44 am

Hi - I would love to know where you got a one day test - has anyone else managed this outside London?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.