Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anybody else LHR-SEZ in Sep?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2020, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by mrpacifist
Very surprised BA flights are still scheduled for next week despite the ban on entry still enforced?
I believe they are currently cancelled until the 16th September. Noticed that UK is again not on the list of permitted countries for next week....

Surprising when you look at some inclusions, e.g Switzerland.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 2:08 am

Do we think BA are going to cancel the flight on 16th and rest of Sept at this rate?
Old Aug 31, 2020, 3:00 am

Exactly on a data level, it does not make any sense! Hopefully on the next round.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 2:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Still not made it to the green list:
http://tourism.gov.sc/wp-content/upl...ugust-2020.pdf
Old Sep 2, 2020, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Yeah I made the call to cancel and refund, sadly.

Not to take this thread off topic, but a frustration was that I tried to rebook for May 2021... but was told that wasn't possible as I needed to travel on my outbound leg within 10 months of my original booking? That is a strange one, that it wasn't tied to the date of travel but to the date of ticketing?

That makes no sense to me, as some folks will book 10 months out regardless meaning they can't push their trips into the future if that was the case?

But yes - cancelled and refund unfortunately and pulled my St Lucia trip forward. So please no Corona there!
Old Sep 2, 2020, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by liambb9
Yeah I made the call to cancel and refund, sadly.

Not to take this thread off topic, but a frustration was that I tried to rebook for May 2021... but was told that wasn't possible as I needed to travel on my outbound leg within 10 months of my original booking? That is a strange one, that it wasn't tied to the date of travel but to the date of ticketing?

That makes no sense to me, as some folks will book 10 months out regardless meaning they can't push their trips into the future if that was the case?

But yes - cancelled and refund unfortunately and pulled my St Lucia trip forward. So please no Corona there!
There is talk in other threads about tickets only being valid within a year or the original issue/booking date. I managed to get my LHR-SEZ pushed out further than this. There seems to be more flexibility from BA if the flight is actually cancelled, most advice is to never pro-actively cancel, rather you should wait for the flight to be cancelled and then you/BA call centre seem to have a few more options.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 10:04 am

Programs: Executive Club Silver, Kestrelflyer Silver, FlyingBlue & Expedia+
This may or may not be helpful, have any of you tried the Seychelles embassy in London? I don't have the link on me. I'm sure they would be the first to know - I'm in a similar situation with Mauritius as they have taken a similar stance but fingers crossed seem to be opening up next month.

I know re ticketing a plane ticket in simple terms is valid for a maximum of 12 months from the issue date. If it was pushed out further kudos to BA on pulling that one off. I wonder the ticket was cancelled and reinstated with a new date of commencement. Or was a new one drawn up from scratch with the previous flights but then the ticket no would change.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 10:45 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
In my experience most call centre agents are unwilling to push tickets out beyond the 12m validity.
However, if you have access to the MMB travel disruption rebooking screen, the system will let you book up to T+355 from today.

Was anybody due to fly on Sept 16th? We're now 14 days out so I'm surprised EF still shows the flight operating...albeit it with an extremely light load.

My guess is that cargo and slot utilisation are going to increasingly be of greater concern to BA, particularly when there are few pax to compensate/ reaccommodate.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by Jermyn
In my experience most call centre agents are unwilling to push tickets out beyond the 12m validity.
However, if you have access to the MMB travel disruption rebooking screen, the system will let you book up to T+355 from today.

Was anybody due to fly on Sept 16th? We're now 14 days out so I'm surprised EF still shows the flight operating...albeit it with an extremely light load.

My guess is that cargo and slot utilisation are going to increasingly be of greater concern to BA, particularly when there are few pax to compensate/ reaccommodate.
So I was waiting until 18:20 today to see if they’d cancel the 16/09 flight - and they haven’t. Which is surprising, as they need to offer EC261 if they cancel from now onwards. Do we have a view on loads? I’d be surprised if they can operate any flight if nobody is allowed to enter from the UK...

Unless they know something we don’t?

I wonder if airline agreements have a big say in their ‘permitted countries’ list? It would explain UAE, Qatar.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by SWLonFlyer
So I was waiting until 18:20 today to see if they’d cancel the 16/09 flight - and they haven’t. Which is surprising, as they need to offer EC261 if they cancel from now onwards. Do we have a view on loads? I’d be surprised if they can operate any flight if nobody is allowed to enter from the UK...

Unless they know something we don’t?

I wonder if airline agreements have a big say in their ‘permitted countries’ list? It would explain UAE, Qatar.
EC261 compensation doesn't apply currently to covid related cancellations and im not sure anything else EC261 is affected by the 14day window?
Old Sep 2, 2020, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by babyg_wc
EC261 compensation doesn't apply currently to covid related cancellations and im not sure anything else EC261 is affected by the 14day window?
Oh of course, you’re right. Was looking for any positive sign that this may be going ahead! Fingers still remain crossed.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 1:35 am

So there we go - just received cancellation this morning for late September. Seem cancelled until 10th Oct now.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 2:42 am

we have a flight on 31st October. When do they publish their 'green list' and how often is it updated?
Old Sep 3, 2020, 2:47 am

Ah bummer - gutted for you... we are currently booked for October 14th-25th. I get the feeling ill be in the same boat in about a months time.

Post back what options you take/are offered i(QATAR vs DOH?) - personally i would keep your tickets open (e.g. dont seek refund) until the last possible minute.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by tillyholly
we have a flight on 31st October. When do they publish their 'green list' and how often is it updated?
Seems to be almost weekly ATM... we are October 14th...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.