Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anybody else LHR-SEZ in Sep?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2020, 10:46 am

And how do you get a test turned around within 48 hours of departure?!

Even this private clinic in Harley Street isn’t guaranteeing more than 72 hour turnaround, and they are explicit that they will not be liable for your costs in the event that they are delayed. I think I would find it all too nerve-wracking to be worth the risk!

https://privateharleystreetclinic.co...travel-testing

Last edited by aristoph; Sep 26, 2020 at 11:27 am
Old Sep 26, 2020, 4:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Test in time

I’m also concerned as to whether I can get a test result within the 48 hours required.
A quick google throws up olivehealthandtravel.co.uk offering same day results; anyone used them?
Old Sep 27, 2020, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by aristoph
And how do you get a test turned around within 48 hours of departure?!

Even this private clinic in Harley Street isn’t guaranteeing more than 72 hour turnaround, and they are explicit that they will not be liable for your costs in the event that they are delayed. I think I would find it all too nerve-wracking to be worth the risk!

https://privateharleystreetclinic.co...travel-testing
I got my test to go to Russia here in early August, it may be now that they have a lot more demand, but I did the test on Friday and got the result Saturday lunchtime.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 9:39 am

Ive reached out to the Seychelles ministry to see if there is any wiggle room on the 48hrs, as you say there is a good chance you wont get the results in time.
I fly on the Wed 14th, meaning i would need to do a test on the Mon 12th... so could be tricky to get result back in time.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by tillyholly
Has the FCo advice changed? It still seems to be ‘advise against all travel’ which would affect insurance?
Totally depends on your policy, if youre not covered by your existing policy its not hard to find single trip coverage.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Joshm300
I got my test to go to Russia here in early August, it may be now that they have a lot more demand, but I did the test on Friday and got the result Saturday lunchtime.
Yeah they still seem to say it should be next day Mon-Fri, but not surprisingly they are not guaranteeing it!
Old Sep 27, 2020, 3:59 pm

I found this place in Birmingham that do next day/same day tests. Midlandhealth.co.uk

We are waiting to hear from BA holidays, we are due to go to on the 28th October. We were due to stay at the Kempinski hotel but it’s not in the stay safe list and they confirmed its not going to be when I contacted them. So waiting to see if BA change the hotel or just cancel the holiday! Hopefully they will contact us this week if the October flights are going ahead.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 11:45 pm

I thought Brits weren't allowed in the Seychelles?
Old Sep 28, 2020, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by babyg_wc
Ive reached out to the Seychelles ministry to see if there is any wiggle room on the 48hrs, as you say there is a good chance you wont get the results in time.
I fly on the Wed 14th, meaning i would need to do a test on the Mon 12th... so could be tricky to get result back in time.
Have you heard back from your query to the Ministry? Tried to get in touch as well on the advice of the tourism board but I have not received a response yet.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 3:15 am

As the flight is at 17.55 would you have to do it the day before? Is the test hour or day stamped?
Old Sep 28, 2020, 9:52 am

Programs: OW
Originally Posted by babyg_wc
I'm tempted to book onto the same date now that SEZ has reopened (obviously subject to working out the test logistics). Would I be right in thinking that the flights are actually going to go given we're ~2 weeks to the departure date (and there is an earlier flight inside 2 weeks that hasn't been cancelled yet) - or is that too optimistic?

It looks like the Sep flights were cancelled over 2 weeks in advance if that's anything to go by...
Old Sep 28, 2020, 10:05 am

BA Holidays have just called me and cancelled my holiday for the 28th October due to FCO guidance saying uk are high risk. Also due to the hotel being shut.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by Mattconway
BA Holidays have just called me and cancelled my holiday for the 28th October due to FCO guidance saying uk are high risk. Also due to the hotel being shut.
I suspect it was the hotel being shut, not the FCO advice as they are quite happy to fly passengers to lots of places that are on the Don’t Travel list, just at their own risk. Did they tell you that the flight was also cancelled?
Old Sep 28, 2020, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by aristoph
I suspect it was the hotel being shut, not the FCO advice as they are quite happy to fly passengers to lots of places that are on the Don’t Travel list, just at their own risk. Did they tell you that the flight was also cancelled?
Did you check if your hotel was on the list
http://tourism.gov.sc/wp-content/upl....09.2020-1.pdf

Originally Posted by Dan1113
I thought Brits weren't allowed in the Seychelles?
UK is a Special Status Country
http://tourism.gov.sc/wp-content/upl...ember-2020.pdf
Old Sep 28, 2020, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by mrpacifist
Have you heard back from your query to the Ministry? Tried to get in touch as well on the advice of the tourism board but I have not received a response yet.
No reply, the tourism board were very quick, the ministry not so much.

Originally Posted by tillyholly
As the flight is at 17.55 would you have to do it the day before? Is the test hour or day stamped?
I am hoping there is some wiggle room on the 48hrs, it was 72hrs.. so hopefully ministry will confirm. The midweek 6pm flight makes it tricky.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.