Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T5 Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2020, 11:02 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Roxy on Bath Road is usually cheap and good, my preference is HGI @ Hatton cross , then doubletree on bath road.

HGI @ Hatton Cross is usually around the £60 mark, With Super Singhs a 5 min walk for dinner
Old Jul 8, 2020, 5:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Gold, Starwoods Gold
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
Do we know when the Sofitel will open? It is quite an important part of T5 I would say! I tried to use it the other day for my pick up loophole to not pay the LHR pick up car park charge, but found it was closed = (
Had a booking at the Sofitel and received this email from them today

Good Day,
Hope you are well and are staying safe, during these unprecedented times..
I am contacting you regarding your upcoming reservation at the Sofitel London Heathrow.
Unfortunately, due to the Government restrictions on the COVID 19 situation and to support the health and wellbeing of our guests and colleagues, Sofitel London Heathrow has temporarily suspended all operations until 2nd August 2020 and are only accepting reservations from 3rd August 2020 (inclusive).
This affects your reservation you have with us.

So looks like it is confirmed they will be re-opening on 3rd August.
Grande Annee and ahmetdouas like this.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 11:29 am

Programs: BA Silver, SAS Diamond and LTG, Marriott Titanium and LT Plat, Radisson Premium
We have an early flight out of T5 on 4 August, so I have just made a reservation at the Sofitel for the 3rd. It went through (and they have charged my credit card), which seems to confirm the email chessy received.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA Blue, A12 Cars Gold, Harmonicande Vintners Platinum!
I'm flying to PRG from T5 next Sunday on BA and I'm thinking of doing a 'park and stay' at the Hilton T4 due to its connection to the terminal.

Normally one would take the HEX from T4 to 2/3 and 5, but I was wondering if this is still possible in the current situation?

Many thanks for any advice!
Old Jul 12, 2020, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Suffolk
We're driving to Heathrow although we don't know whether it will be a taxi or our own car. The flight is at 0815.
As we ‘foreigners’ always arrive by taxi from LGW, we have usually used ... https://www.thestanwellheathrow.com
At least it’s not a BOX, and a taxi from there to T5 is usually £15.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 1:49 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by rtaylore
I'm flying to PRG from T5 next Sunday on BA and I'm thinking of doing a 'park and stay' at the Hilton T4 due to its connection to the terminal.

Normally one would take the HEX from T4 to 2/3 and 5, but I was wondering if this is still possible in the current situation?
T4 is mothballed, and so the tube, HEX and TfL are all not going there, The walkway between the Hilton and T4 is also shut. So either you need to use Uber, or take the bus from Sheffield Way bus stop to T5. There's about 6 buses an hour and it's free (and I'd always take that over the HEX route anyway). Routes 482 and 490. The bus stop is the other side from the Premier Inn, so from the Hilton front door, drop down to the main carpark level, head towards the right side of the Premier Inn, the road - which is Sheffield Way - curves around the front of that hotel and the bus stop is right there. Buses still run through T4, some HAL staff are still there keeping the building functional.
antichef likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 2:02 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by stewaran
Roxy on Bath Road is usually cheap and good, my preference is HGI @ Hatton cross , then doubletree on bath road.

HGI @ Hatton Cross is usually around the £60 mark, With Super Singhs a 5 min walk for dinner
I agree with all this, HGI is my favourite. Thanks for the Super Singhs reference. I will give that a try
Old Jul 12, 2020, 2:03 pm

Programs: BA Blue, A12 Cars Gold, Harmonicande Vintners Platinum!
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
T4 is mothballed, and so the tube, HEX and TfL are all not going there, The walkway between the Hilton and T4 is also shut. So either you need to use Uber, or take the bus from Sheffield Way bus stop to T5. There's about 6 buses an hour and it's free (and I'd always take that over the HEX route anyway). Routes 482 and 490. The bus stop is the other side from the Premier Inn, so from the Hilton front door, drop down to the main carpark level, head towards the right side of the Premier Inn, the road - which is Sheffield Way - curves around the front of that hotel and the bus stop is right there. Buses still run through T4, some HAL staff are still there keeping the building functional.
Amazingly quick and comprehensive reply, thanks C-W-S!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.