Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T5 Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2020, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
For those who prefer additional comforts, I’m sure the Sofitel Is a great choice. However, as the OP has already told us a usual haunt, which suits perfectly, is a Premier Inn then I fear expectations of price v convenience are not going to be met by a 5* property, even with some of the discounted mystery hotel rates,

OP, if you have a car then many of the Bath Road hotels will suit you just as much, particularly if they offer a parking deal given it’s an easy free bus ride to T5. There’s a much more varied range there than at T5 (and definitely don’t be fooled by some of hotel descriptions - it’s quicker to get from Bath Road to T5 than from some who you might think are on top of the terminal!).

You may be better suited heading over to the UK & Ireland forum (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/u-k-ireland-484/) where this regularly comes up for discussion.
Thank you. Premier Inn was always pretty much perfect due to location and consistency. We're headed to a 5* property on holiday so the night before doesn't need smart.
NWIFlyer likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Suffolk
Thank you. Premier Inn was always pretty much perfect due to location and consistency. We're headed to a 5* property on holiday so the night before doesn't need smart.
Also, T5 hotels and parking have been recently discussed in the using T5 coronavirus thread:
COVID-19 and BA: Using Heathrow T5
Old Jul 7, 2020, 10:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
there are a variety of hotels on the bath road. depending on loyalty programs and price you could pick any of them.

I prefer something a little further out so I can go to local shops, so I typically look at the Holiday Inn T5 in Colnbrook or the Heathrow Hilton Double Tree in Cranford.

I typically would not pick the sofitel coz i do not feel the increased cost is not worth the 20/30 minutes I save. I appreciate others may have a different opinion.

for a flight at 8:15 you could leave any of the bath road hotels around 6:30 and be in the airport by 7. The thistle or premier in in Longford are about 5 minutes on the 423 or the 7 and the bus is free.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 11:09 am

Programs: BA Gold
Deleted as my questions were answered in the time it took to pose them!

Last edited by The_Editor; Jul 7, 2020 at 11:10 am Reason: Questions answered already
Old Jul 7, 2020, 12:33 pm

Hyatt Place Bath Road is usually competive in price and is quite nice. They also have very good airport view rooms, the best in my opinion, plus an underground car park directly under the hotel. The 423 bus directly opposite the hotel is free to T5 and reception organises a car for £18.
Stuttgart21 likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 2:22 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by Barnaby100
For £1000 a night when I looked last week but now seems to be about the usual rate.
They have cancelled our early August booking.

They have been the worst hotel of all for lockdown refunds. Probably had to cancel about 60 nights across 20 odd hotels- only 1 that wouldn't give a refund was the Sofitel- emailed multiple times and used the accor form (which only came out after we had to cancel) but don't even get a response. We stay there a few times each year and they have probably lost us as customers.
Interesting feedback, the exact opposite from my experience. I had 2 separate bookings for late April, they pro-actively emailed me to say they were cancelling my stay because they were shutting down and that a refund was due on my card within a couple of weeks, which it did.
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 2:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
Do we know when the Sofitel will open? It is quite an important part of T5 I would say! I tried to use it the other day for my pick up loophole to not pay the LHR pick up car park charge, but found it was closed = (
I called the Sofitel and they told me the plan was to open beginning of August
ahmetdouas likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 2:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
The Sofitel is lovely if cost is no problem, otherwise I like the Renaissance
redpalmetto likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 6:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Any of the hotels along Bath Road are acceptable many with parking packages. A plus room at the Heathrow Travelodge Central is perfectly acceptable and definitely on a par with Premier Inn.

Some fall within the free travel area at Heathrow others just outside so will need an Oyster Card or working contactless card per person for the £1.50 fare. Just a word of caution if using the TFL bus, current social distancing rules stipulate that the maximum number of bus passengers permitted will vary from 10-25 depending on the bus type and a lot of the buses in the morning are usually busy with airport workers.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 3:13 am

Programs: BA Silver
I stayed in T5 Thistle last July. Reasonable rates, not luxury but great for just a one night stay. Short walk to/from the Parking Pods which take you straight to T5. Just buy a £5 (last year) card from hotel reception with gate access code for Pods. No messing around with infrequent shuttles. Pods arrive on demand.

Last edited by peterinlewesuk; Jul 8, 2020 at 4:36 am
Old Jul 8, 2020, 4:29 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by peterinlewesuk
I stayed in T5 Travelodge last July. Reasonable rates, not luxury but great for just a one night stay. Short walk to/from the Parking Pods which take you straight to T5. Just buy a £5 (last year) card from hotel reception with gate access code for Pods. No messing around with infrequent shuttles. Pods arrive on demand.
The T5 travelodge isn't anywhere near the pods, it's on the other side of the M25 from LHR. Are you thinking of the Thistle or Premier Inn T5?
Old Jul 8, 2020, 4:35 am

Delete
Old Jul 8, 2020, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
The T5 travelodge isn't anywhere near the pods, it's on the other side of the M25 from LHR. Are you thinking of the Thistle or Premier Inn T5?
Oops. Senior Moment!. It was of course the Thistle. Original post amended.

Had a great runway view from my room - well soundproofed so not a problem. And very efficient wall mounted air conditioner.
KARFA likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 7:57 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
I stayed last night and often do at the HI M4/J4 where they alwasys do crazy cheep packages for hotel and parking. Sometimes the CP has really good deals as well. Yes it will be £10-15 in a Uber but the saving over the Sofitel is huge and the rooms are fine.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by peterinlewesuk
I stayed in T5 Thistle last July. Reasonable rates, not luxury but great for just a one night stay. Short walk to/from the Parking Pods which take you straight to T5. Just buy a £5 (last year) card from hotel reception with gate access code for Pods. No messing around with infrequent shuttles. Pods arrive on demand.
For now though, pod parking is closed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.