T5 Hotels

Old Jul 7, 20, 8:11 am
Original Poster

T5 Hotels

Can anyone make a suggestion of where to stay the night prior to a flight? By way of example, prior to holidays, we've only ever stayed at the North Terminal Premier Inn at Gatwick which we thought was spot on for what we needed. Does anyone have any personal favourites that aren't a great distance? Thank you in advance.
Old Jul 7, 20, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
It would help if you gave some idea of how you are travelling to the airport and the time of your flight.
Old Jul 7, 20, 8:25 am
Original Poster

We're driving to Heathrow although we don't know whether it will be a taxi or our own car. The flight is at 0815.
Old Jul 7, 20, 8:48 am
Suspended

For an 08.15 flight, Id pick the Sofitel.
IAMORGAN and Grande Annee like this.
Old Jul 7, 20, 9:09 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver
I was looking at parking at T5, having already booked my flight ( afternoon flight to avoid the extra early wake up and trip down there), discovered parking with a hotel night was cheaper than than just the parking! One of the comparison sites had a number of options on there, most have a free transfer.
Old Jul 7, 20, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by richardwft View Post
For an 08.15 flight, I’d pick the Sofitel.
The Sofitel would ordinarily be a good call, but my attempts to book early August have failed - it has remained closed, so it seems
Try the Holiday Inn on Bath Road (about 400 yds from the entrance to the Northern Perimeter Rd). I've booked in there for the 31st July. They have decent parking rates too.
Old Jul 7, 20, 9:29 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH FTL (Silver)
Do we know when the Sofitel will open? It is quite an important part of T5 I would say! I tried to use it the other day for my pick up loophole to not pay the LHR pick up car park charge, but found it was closed = (
Old Jul 7, 20, 9:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Have you thought about Hilton Garden Inn at Hatton Cross? 5 min walk to tube and then 8 mins on the tube to T5? And an easy drive to the airport if you are driving yourself!

Last edited by JMac82; Jul 7, 20 at 9:50 am Reason: Addd info about driving
Old Jul 7, 20, 9:46 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Robert279 View Post
The Sofitel would ordinarily be a good call, but my attempts to book early August have failed - it has remained closed, so it seems
Try the Holiday Inn on Bath Road (about 400 yds from the entrance to the Northern Perimeter Rd). I've booked in there for the 31st July. They have decent parking rates too.
I would say that's a good shout, but I also read on an earlier thread that one of the Holiday Inns was used as a centre for persons with suspected Covid- so the OP might want to double check that it was not the Bath Road one.
Old Jul 7, 20, 9:52 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas View Post
Do we know when the Sofitel will open? It is quite an important part of T5 I would say! I tried to use it the other day for my pick up loophole to not pay the LHR pick up car park charge, but found it was closed = (
It seems to be bookable from early August, the 3rd as far as I can see.
ahmetdouas likes this.
Old Jul 7, 20, 9:53 am

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
We like the Marriott, Sheraton Heathrow and Renaissance and all usually have good deals with parking, but especially the Sheraton for price.
Old Jul 7, 20, 9:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Amb, Hyatt Glob
As above, Sofitel so you don't have to get up as early. Otherwise there are 7+ hotels on Bath road which are all more or less the same given your departure time, optimise for cost, or points if you're part of a program.
Old Jul 7, 20, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by alex67500 View Post
It seems to be bookable from early August, the 3rd as far as I can see.
For 1000 a night when I looked last week but now seems to be about the usual rate.
They have cancelled our early August booking.

Last edited by Barnaby100; Jul 7, 20 at 6:07 pm
Old Jul 7, 20, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur View Post
I would say that's a good shout, but I also read on an earlier thread that one of the Holiday Inns was used as a centre for persons with suspected Covid- so the OP might want to double check that it was not the Bath Road one.
You are correct, one of the Holiday Inns has been requisitioned. The one you refer to is the Holiday Inn, Aerial - further along the Bath Road (it's the older doughnut-shaped one not far from the threshold of runway 27R). It's been closed to bookings for some time. The one further west along the Bath Road that is open for bookings is the newly built one, near the Compass Centre / Newport Rd entrance to the airport.
Old Jul 7, 20, 11:24 am
Senior Mod and Moderator: Aegean Miles&Bonus and British Airways

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Spire Ambassador
For those who prefer additional comforts, I’m sure the Sofitel Is a great choice. However, as the OP has already told us a usual haunt, which suits perfectly, is a Premier Inn then I fear expectations of price v convenience are not going to be met by a 5* property, even with some of the discounted mystery hotel rates,

OP, if you have a car then many of the Bath Road hotels will suit you just as much, particularly if they offer a parking deal given it’s an easy free bus ride to T5. There’s a much more varied range there than at T5 (and definitely don’t be fooled by some of hotel descriptions - it’s quicker to get from Bath Road to T5 than from some who you might think are on top of the terminal!).

You may be better suited heading over to the UK & Ireland forum (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/u-k-ireland-484/) where this regularly comes up for discussion.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: