Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Recall Staff from 26 Jun [the BA staff/unions/redundancies thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Recall Staff from 26 Jun [the BA staff/unions/redundancies thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2020, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by Littlegirl
Currently, all M/F girls wear the hats but for WW crew, it is just when they fly on the 787, 350 and 380!
Is there any logic behind having to wear hats on those specific types?

rb211.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
I would encourage other BA staff to post their feelings.
The ones that have (or vicariously in my situation) remotely said anything positive (with a sense of realism or balance towards the negatives) have been duly dismissed in various ways even within this forum. Either what they say is wrong or they have an agenda or are moles, and if that's not the case or curiously their comments have gone largely unnoticed LOL But amongst the various threads on this topic, there are most definitely a fair few positive feelings from BA staff who are leaving or staying dotted around on here.
DYKWIA, sxc and JFX1764 like this.

Last edited by AirbusA350; Aug 27, 2020 at 1:14 pm
Old Aug 27, 2020, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Really, from cabin crew, would care to highlight any of them?
Old Aug 27, 2020, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by RB211

rb211.
No logic at all.
flygirl68 likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 2:14 pm

Really, from cabin crew, would care to highlight any of them?
On the face of it a reasonable question, but even if AirbusA350 were to go to the formidable amount of work to answer this, any information provided would just turn into an infinite loop:

Originally Posted by AirbusA350
The ones that have (or vicariously in my situation) remotely said anything positive (with a sense of realism or balance towards the negatives) have been duly dismissed in various ways even within this forum...
Maybe the best thing here is to agree to disagree. Feelings are understandably running high, which makes it very hard to come to any kind of truth or truths (which in any event will be extremely complex).
1Aturnleft and AirbusA350 like this.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by RB211

rb211.
None whatsoever.
Can I help you likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 3:27 pm

I have seen an awful lot of assumptions based on what a few friends, or friends of friends have said. Nothing similar at all to the hundreds of views of friends and colleagues who I actually know.
Can I help you likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 3:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
independently on LinkedIn is where my first 4 observations of how staff past and present are feeling with their personal posts... not the emotionally charged and frequently rude posts are here
Old Aug 27, 2020, 3:35 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
I have to agree, the positivity on here about how crew feel is not how they post on their own social media sites.

People love their jobs and many will make the most of a situation they are not happy with but that doesn’t mean they like the management or that they won’t be nice to the customers.

Everything gets distorted on here.

In general all BA staff, wherever they work are not at all happy with the company and some are also not happy with the unions but that is more mixed.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 3:39 pm

Is that wise?
Someone pointed me to a FB entry today where a CC made their feelings known about how BA had handled this situation....to be fair I have not seen what he published. However, he has published a letter from BA that he received today...it bans him from travelling on BA for 10 years...and permanently removes his staff travel privileges!
Big Bro is watching and behaving very vindictively!!
Old Aug 27, 2020, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by OhLordy
Is that wise?
Someone pointed me to a FB entry today where a CC made their feelings known about how BA had handled this situation....to be fair I have not seen what he published. However, he has published a letter from BA that he received today...it bans him from travelling on BA for 10 years...and permanently removes his staff travel privileges!
Big Bro is watching and behaving very vindictively!!
And so they should.
Covid or no Covid, you're a fool to slag off your employer publicly on social media and expect to get away with it - especially on something as personally revealing as Facebook. My old emoloyer made it a disciplinary matter if any employee painted the company in anything less than a favourable light on social media. I soon subscribed to the idea I didn't know who was looking at me and it was just a whole lot easier not to talk about them - favourably or unfavourably. For an extra security measure I also unfriended work colleagues from my friendship list and only allowed friends to view my profile. With lucrative BENEFITS such as staff travel at stake, it's just not worth breaking rank on policies like this. If it's of little relevance to individuals who want to defy their employer publicly and not hide behind a pseudonym then go right ahead.
cbagent likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
And so they should.
Covid or no Covid, you're a fool to slag off your employer publicly on social media and expect to get away with it - especially on something as personally revealing as Facebook.
Exactly. Bringing the company into disrepute is clearly stated as a form of gross misconduct in our contract.

The general vibe on MF is positive (to be expected) and the WW/EF crew I’ve spoken to on the crew bus and who I’ve flown home on staff travel in the last few weeks are mostly positive and looking to the new fleet with an open mind as I think most have accepted it’s happening now whether we like it or not.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 1:01 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
The BA staff staying will soon move forward in the new company structure and those that decide its not for them will soon be managed out (another benefit of the new agreement).

next year they’ll be flung loads of free J tickets to remind them of why they want to stay, and the low loads for the foreseeable future will mean lots will be able to use them. And by getting those staff travelling ba will slowly start to show increases in pax numbers which hopefully then starts to generate confidence in real passenger traffic
Old Aug 28, 2020, 1:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Relieved and positive are probably the most appropriate words in my wife’s case.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 1:11 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Not sure the correlation of BA staff travelling on staff tickets to creating revenue bookings?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.